Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9578 times)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #255 on: April 18, 2014, 12:40:23 PM »
Nothing like watching a forum-fairy get worked up into the "zone" LMAO....
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
Yeah, I know, I don't have a horse in this race because JG11 does not switch sides.

But if I were trying to get the 12 hour rule changed, I would not ask for it to be changed to 1 hour, or eliminated.

I would ask for it to be cut in half, 6 hours.  Surely 6 hours would be better that 12 and surely it would be an easier sell.

Baby steps.

I really want my friends to enjoy the game, if this helps that enjoyment, yeah.

cept for Wiley, I hope he is miserable
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #257 on: April 18, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »
You can lead a horse to water it seems....

tootles.

So what is your point? speak up don't be shy.

Guess what? there are plenty of people far better than you and I at an infinite amount of things. You are better at many things than others. For the sake of not appearing elitist should I weigh the advice and thoughts of those less informed equally with those more informed? seems a waste of time. No Thank You

My very simple, easily understood point is that it is better to take the considerations of those far more experienced in subjects more seriously than from those who know less.

It is not an elitist statement, it is truth.

As far as using my words, please try and use them in the proper context as they were intended!

JUGgler
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:57:05 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2014, 01:14:05 PM »
I would ask for it to be cut in half, 6 hours.  Surely 6 hours would be better that 12 and surely it would be an easier sell.

Baby steps.

Trouble is baby is stuck in the phase where he can't even seem to roll onto his belly yet.

The solution is obvious, make it one hour off peak and no hour at all when switching to the lowest side. Those that don't ever switch don't lose anything and frankly it's just sour grapes protesting at this point.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #259 on: April 18, 2014, 01:50:44 PM »
Yeah, I know, I don't have a horse in this race because JG11 does not switch sides.

But if I were trying to get the 12 hour rule changed, I would not ask for it to be changed to 1 hour, or eliminated.

Baby steps.

6 hours is certainly an improvement but look at it from a logistics standpoint and what it truly means to me.

#1 If on the weekend I start flying at 7 pm which is reasonably for most players, say I switch sides right when I log on.  I wouldn't be able to switch again until 1 am in the morning, which is quite a long flying session.  Assuming I am going to play for 2 hours past my switch to get anything out of it, that's an 8 hour block of time to actually make it worthwhile.

#2 Another more reasonable scenario where it would help is if I log in during the day on the weekend, fly around noon fly whatever side I want, then when I log in later at night and fly again I will have the freedom again to switch sides.

It would certainly help for #2, somewhat help for #1.

The typical situation though is the 5 days of the week that I work, Monday through Friday.  There is no feasible scenario where a 6 hour switch time for me is any different than a 12 hour switch time, since I can't fly more than a maximum of about 5 hours a night if I started as soon as I got home and flew until bed time.

So in reality that only helps me 2 days out of the week, saturday and sunday, if I so happen to fly during the middle of the day, then later that night.

Is it an improvement?  Absolutely.  But it is still less than ideal and still quite restrictive monday through friday, 5 of 7 days out of the week.  

I also do not feel that my play schedule is "out of the ordinary", as it is quite common for people to work Monday through Friday in an 8 - 5 job.

Does this make sense?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:55:28 PM by grizz441 »

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #260 on: April 18, 2014, 02:18:11 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEwlRWPDWAQ      The power of christ compels you!!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: April 18, 2014, 02:49:47 PM »

Trouble is baby is stuck in the phase where he can't even seem to roll onto his belly yet.

The solution is obvious, make it one hour off peak and no hour at all when switching to the lowest side. Those that don't ever switch don't lose anything and frankly it's just sour grapes protesting at this point.

Sir, if you're "sour grapes" comment is directed at me, I protest.  I support reducing the switch time and as I have stated it will not affect me.  I support it because I want my friends that do switch to enjoy the game and keep playing.

I put forth the "6 hour" suggestion as a way of beginning to reduce the time, not as the ultimate "don't go lower than 6 hour switch".  I understand 6 hours is certainly a compromise but it is a start.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #262 on: April 18, 2014, 03:05:26 PM »
Sir, if you're "sour grapes" comment is directed at me, I protest.  I support reducing the switch time and as I have stated it will not affect me.  I support it because I want my friends that do switch to enjoy the game and keep playing.

I put forth the "6 hour" suggestion as a way of beginning to reduce the time, not as the ultimate "don't go lower than 6 hour switch".  I understand 6 hours is certainly a compromise but it is a start.

I did nothing more than suggest a compromise as well, Zoney.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #263 on: April 18, 2014, 03:30:11 PM »
1 hour to switch to the lowest country side, 6 or 12 to go to a higher.

The only reason for the 1 hour is to eliminate popping in to another country just long enough to look at the map and then go right back.

If squads get split, worse case is one hour before they can all be together on the lowest country side.

I can't find what the negative would be to this system.  I don't ever switch due to my squad always flying Knight, but if the real or perceived issues with the 12 hour rule aren't enough to try something new, the amount of complaining is.
AMAX  in game

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: April 18, 2014, 05:02:50 PM »

Baby steps.

Some people have jobs, families and social lives. Most don't spend more than 3 or 4 hours a day on the game. So if they switch, they're still stuck until they log in the next time.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #265 on: April 18, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »
So what is your point? speak up don't be shy.

Guess what? there are plenty of people far better than you and I at an infinite amount of things. You are better at many things than others. For the sake of not appearing elitist should I weigh the advice and thoughts of those less informed equally with those more informed? seems a waste of time. No Thank You

My very simple, easily understood point is that it is better to take the considerations of those far more experienced in subjects more seriously than from those who know less.

It is not an elitist statement, it is truth.

As far as using my words, please try and use them in the proper context as they were intended!

JUGgler

I don't think I was shy at all, JUGgler.  I used your words exactly as you stated them. 

Why don't we take this up via PMs rather than derail this conversation further?  It was not my original intent to set you and other AoM members off on another forum witch trial....

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: April 18, 2014, 06:31:38 PM »
I don't think I was shy at all, JUGgler.  I used your words exactly as you stated them. 

Why don't we take this up via PMs rather than derail this conversation further?  It was not my original intent to set you and other AoM members off on another forum witch trial....

Burn the witch!!    :bolt:

Sorry, it just couldn't be avoided.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #267 on: April 18, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »
It's taking all my attention and thensome to follow this thread..   :D

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #268 on: April 18, 2014, 06:55:13 PM »

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: April 18, 2014, 07:08:01 PM »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14