Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9673 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2014, 09:32:43 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

lol  Bip you need to get with the times free cell phones works better.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2014, 09:48:37 AM »
In both if my professional lives,  these two are not mutually exclusive and anyone who treats talent and experience as mutually exclusive is someone looking for an excuse to under-perform.  Talent can be obtained from hard work and experience.  Experience is the fundamental trigger for talent and at a very minimum it's absolutely necessary to get to levels above neophyte. 

To argue that is to simply be obtuse.

ROFL, Since you are trying to argue your view point  of the definition of talent vs experience , are you being obtuse?

HiTech

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »
ROFL, Since you are trying to argue your view point  of the definition of talent vs experience , are you being obtuse?

HiTech
Dale, could you shorten the switch time...  I thank you in advance.

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2014, 10:05:19 AM »

HiTech

Play on words Dale?   That's a lightweight response.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
In both if my professional lives,  these two are not mutually exclusive and anyone who treats talent and experience as mutually exclusive is someone looking for an excuse to under-perform.  

I didn't say they were mutually exclusive (although they can be).  I did however say that disregarding one for the other may be short sighted.  Plenty of people have experience in areas where they may not have natural talent yet could make valuable contributions.

As an example a football coach isn't on the field making sacks.  He's coaching young talent.  In fact he may never have played himself.  He has the experience to know what to do but not the talent to execute on it.  The player has the talent but lacks the experience to fully utilize it.  Hopefully one day you end up with a talented and experienced player.  At the same time a lot of talented players have failed where less talented players have succeeded through experience.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2014, 10:22:48 AM »
Play on words Dale?   That's a lightweight response.

Then you read it exactly as it was intended.

HiTech

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #292 on: April 19, 2014, 10:26:45 AM »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: April 19, 2014, 10:39:34 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

FTW!!     hahaha thats where im at in reguards to this thread..
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »
Sorry if it has been brought up already. Before I post my idea I will let you know that I just thought about it very shortly so there may be some flaws.

What if we had a system as to where we could switch sides every 1 hour only at off peak times? 

Something else that I'm sure could be coded, what if there was a system that when numbers got to a certain low threshold, they could have it be enabled to allow switching until numbers reballanced? 

Once again this isn't thought out. But, I figured since very little positive input that Grizz was talking about was put into this thread I might as well contribute something in the right direction.

When I flew a lot I hated the 12 hour switch time just sayin'.

We proposed this in my Wishlist thread on Sideswitch.   It was ignored just like everything else is....  "There's no problem here.   Move along."
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2014, 11:16:18 AM »

HiTech

Welcome to the party. Unfortunately most the guests have already left, the cake is gone, and the keg is empty.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2014, 11:21:48 AM »

HiTech

Yes sir I did.  I was just shocked you couldn't tell the difference between points being argued and why one is not the other.  I was also shocked that you chose to respond to someone other than the OPs question.   That simply solidified the OPs contention that the 12 hour rule is an elephant in the AH living room.

And where is my RV8 ride?

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2014, 11:35:09 AM »
Yes sir I did.  I was just shocked you couldn't tell the difference between points being argued and why one is not the other.  I was also shocked that you chose to respond to someone other than the OPs question.   That simply solidified the OPs contention that the 12 hour rule is an elephant in the AH living room.

And where is my RV8 ride?

You sure you could handle an RV8 ride?  It may be to shocking for you.:)

HiTech

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »
You sure you could handle an RV8 ride?  It may be to shocking for you.:)

HiTech

You can tell me where and when and I'll be happy to let you judge for yourself.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2014, 11:43:39 AM »
You sure you could handle an RV8 ride?  It may be to shocking for you.:)

HiTech

Changeup seems to have a lot of experience with being shocked, so he may be desensitized by now. :airplane:  :aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)