Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9629 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
Bullseye.

No, dear boy, the 95% in game are not equal to the 5%.

The 5% consists of many children and players that started as children. Their skill level stems from the fact that they started their AH careers as sponges with lightning reflexes. Those who did not start as children, for whatever reason, were able to play the countless hours necessary to master this game.

The 95% are normal people who don't spend unrestricted hours playing this game. They have lives and families that don't allow them to master cartoon skills.

Saying that you "pwn"... (<--in the ridiculous childish vocabulary that seems to infests the rocks in your head and probably the poison that prevents your understanding of the world around you) ...the other 95% is equatable to clubbing baby seals, though in this case they are who they are for valid reasons and mostly don't care enough to show you how average you are.

:rolleyes:

I will admit I do also enjoy playing Muzik. Piano being my fav. :aok

Now, way way way way more than nuff said.  :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2014, 02:54:34 PM »
did fulcrum quit?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »
If I might add a suggestion.

AH is a squad oriented game. Whereas I do agree with the 12hr time limit, maybe it could be allowed that a squad member could be allowed to follow his squad leader to another country if he has switched once already. ???????????????????????

I understand a person might want to flip if he comes in alone to a country and discovers he can get some good fights in, alone, by switching sides. Then his squad logs in and he wants to then fly with his m8's. Many squads have cross time zone members so they log at different times. I can see where someone could get trapped in a country.

Or maybe there could be a minimum time limit applied, 5 min, where if you log in and you switch countries with in that 5 min, cuz your alone and want to balance a furball out, you do not get tagged with the 12 limit. Then a player could switch to the squads country, triggering the 12 hr limit. ????????????

There will always be losers who deliberately game the system, but should honest peeps pay the price as well? Some peeps will do anything for game ranking, getting thier 15 minutes of fame.

Personally, I would drop the ranking, the stars, let the perks be the reward. This another subject entirely tho. Flying a perk plane will be tell tale enough for someone to gauge his opponents skill, maybe. I play for the fun, the battle, the campaign, I do not care whether I am known as the best or the worst.

This is a game, it is suppose to be fun, should customers not have fun while waiting for their squaddies?

Just a thought.
 :salute
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »
allz i know is don't do what warbirds did.. ok you feel me?
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »
If I might add a suggestion.

AH is a squad oriented game. Whereas I do agree with the 12hr time limit, maybe it could be allowed that a squad member could be allowed to follow his squad leader to another country if he has switched once already. ???????????????????????

I understand a person might want to flip if he comes in alone to a country and discovers he can get some good fights in, alone, by switching sides. Then his squad logs in and he wants to then fly with his m8's. Many squads have cross time zone members so they log at different times. I can see where someone could get trapped in a country.

Or maybe there could be a minimum time limit applied, 5 min, where if you log in and you switch countries with in that 5 min, cuz your alone and want to balance a furball out, you do not get tagged with the 12 limit. Then a player could switch to the squads country, triggering the 12 hr limit. ????????????

There will always be losers who deliberately game the system, but should honest peeps pay the price as well? Some peeps will do anything for game ranking, getting thier 15 minutes of fame.

Personally, I would drop the ranking, the stars, let the perks be the reward. This another subject entirely tho. Flying a perk plane will be tell tale enough for someone to gauge his opponents skill, maybe. I play for the fun, the battle, the campaign, I do not care whether I am known as the best or the worst.

This is a game, it is suppose to be fun, should customers not have fun while waiting for their squaddies?

Just a thought.
 :salute

Not a bad thought, but just curious, why specifically, do you agree with the 12 hour rule?  

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2014, 05:05:43 PM »

glock89 is that you?

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »
no unfortunatley just a schmo that enjoys aces high and doesn't want to see it go belly up..

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »
no unfortunatley just a schmo that enjoys aces high and doesn't want to see it go belly up..

It is well on its way, sadly.  The 12-hour rule is a contributing factor.

This game will likely decline a LOT slower, and with graphics and advertising could reverse the trend, but I slogged this death march before.   I am ever hopeful.  Gonna sign some people up to try and get them into it.   Not sure what to do when my co-worker derisively says, "That game is OLD, isn't it?"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:19:42 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #339 on: April 19, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
numbers have dropped... i think its cuz players/community members not showin their true colors when changes need to be made.. i may have said that for the 4th 5th time.. idk but its all i'm thinkin about..   :furious

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #340 on: April 19, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »
and by that i mean a-holes that fggin don't give a lick about anything but their sorry little behinds and not makin a team or country effort somwehat bearable how about that?? Can we do that??

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2014, 05:51:56 PM »

Some of us went from AW to AH. What happened in WB that makes you say this? Could you also use a few more words to help clarify what happened then with time switching versus here. History has the problem that not learning from it gets it repeated.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »
i havent the queerest idea..  :rofl

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »
Has HiTech even responded to any of this?

I haven't read this whole thread and I know this subject has been run through the ringer. But I think long side switch times could be a factor as to why numbers have dwindled over the last few years. I didn't really switch sides, but did have more fun when others did. The idea of "spies" SHOULD be part of a war game, if nothing else it adds to the intrigue. Make the game interesting again!

PLEASE!

P.S. have they spread those factories out yet?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 06:03:45 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #344 on: April 19, 2014, 06:11:29 PM »
hitechh may think he's reaching for the stars but honestly he's just making a lounge about for guys like you and me that cant stand the bar scene anymore and would rather just "play" together.. suit yourselves..