Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9493 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #390 on: April 20, 2014, 08:20:40 AM »
Best I can tell, the proponents of the side switch rule are in the minority albeit they are loud.

The three country seems to be a more significant problem with the players numbers we have now.

The 12 hour rule want fix that problem but would open avenues for new problems.

Explain what new problems would be caused by changing the 12 hour rule...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #391 on: April 20, 2014, 10:04:21 AM »
Not a bad thought, but just curious, why specifically, do you agree with the 12 hour rule?  

To stop those that would use it to ruin others gameplay. We all know it would happen.
To stop people from using it to hunt specific players for revenge because its how some peeps are.
To stop those from ruining mission planners attempts to take mud. Spies are every where.
To stop those numbnuts that would flip around and troll the text coms, flame baiting. Peeps say crap cuz they can, no real repercussions from behind a KB.

Basically the same reasons why the 12hr limit was probably implemented in the first place.

I personally like the 5min grace period idea. Gives squad players a chance to play alone till their squad shows up. The game is about FUN. Striking the right balance is always hard to do, there will always be those that are unhappy about something.

There will always be spys and trolls flame baiting. Spying is part of real war. The 12 hour limit has not stopped this, nor would any other method. Flame baiting is part of our nature, those with weak minds anyways.

Remember folks, this is the only flight sim like this left. When its gone, there will not be another. Be careful what you wish for and demand. Selfish customers is what killed FA. Warbirds was to pricey. All the other flight sims, ie: IL2 and WOP, are low player number servers....................
 :salute
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:07:58 AM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #392 on: April 20, 2014, 10:28:22 AM »
Explain what new problems would be caused by changing the 12 hour rule...

Shopping around for the best kill area would be tops I would say.  It happens now but it would be more intense with a reduced side switch time.  I may be wrong on this but I suspect a good portion of the reduced switch time group are shoppers now.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #393 on: April 20, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »
To stop those that would use it to ruin others gameplay. We all know it would happen.
To stop people from using it to hunt specific players for revenge because its how some peeps are.
To stop those from ruining mission planners attempts to take mud. Spies are every where.
To stop those numbnuts that would flip around and troll the text coms, flame baiting. Peeps say crap cuz they can, no real repercussions from behind a KB.

Basically the same reasons why the 12hr limit was probably implemented in the first place.

I personally like the 5min grace period idea. Gives squad players a chance to play alone till their squad shows up. The game is about FUN. Striking the right balance is always hard to do, there will always be those that are unhappy about something.

There will always be spys and trolls flame baiting. Spying is part of real war. The 12 hour limit has not stopped this, nor would any other method. Flame baiting is part of our nature, those with weak minds anyways.

Remember folks, this is the only flight sim like this left. When its gone, there will not be another. Be careful what you wish for and demand. Selfish customers is what killed FA. Warbirds was to pricey. All the other flight sims, ie: IL2 and WOP, are low player number servers....................
 :salute

Lets boil it down further regards gameplay, when it comes down it to it, everyone in this game is there to get a kill, if nobody got kills, nobody would play.

To get their kills in the MA most the majority of players make a career in Aces High by erring on the side of caution, to the detriment of another player's lack of patience, classic example, spawn camping, x amount of guys sitting in a circle with their engines off shooting someone who is stupid enough to keep spawning in, the guy spawning in has very little chance of making it through the first 5 seconds. The same is true of most missions, roll in with overwhelming numbers and surprise and get some kills from guys trying to up to defend a hopeless situation.

Heres the problem with all this danger avoidance, what happens when the only guys left are the type who avoid danger? There was an arena called MW that sits empty now that this happened to. The smaller contingent of the population who wanted combat got bored of chasing shadows round the map and left, and the base taking squads rolled undefended bases and avoided each other until they left as well.

Imagine running a mission with say 20 30 guys and not one of the guys on the mission getting a kill, you would soon get bored with that and see it is pretty pointless.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #394 on: April 20, 2014, 11:13:38 AM »
classic example, spawn camping, x amount of guys sitting in a circle with their engines off shooting someone who is stupid enough to keep spawning in, the guy spawning in has very little chance of making it through the first 5 seconds.

This is the gheyest AH activity I've ever heard of. Why would anyone find this rewarding? Why doesn't HTC randomize the spawn points?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #395 on: April 20, 2014, 11:41:23 AM »
This is the gheyest AH activity I've ever heard of. Why would anyone find this rewarding? Why doesn't HTC randomize the spawn points?

I've wondered the same. Apparently some find it fun.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #396 on: April 20, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »
The last map that had v85 the nits owned and we bish had 88 I was the one stupid enough to up..first I upped m4 that lasted 1.3 seconds.there was only two of us.I said wth so I upped a jeep 27 times and only got up to max speed once before either there 8 tanks,2 a20s , corsair or niki got me.I did have a Lil fun when I got airborne and a HE round exploded in front of me I died pretty:) I've been in both sides of spawn camping.gotta say if enough people up you can fight your way out of it and take the spawn back..we've done it...a Lil off topic sorry :salute
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:45:00 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #397 on: April 20, 2014, 11:43:47 AM »
Profound use of the English language.  Your red nose and clown feet must have gotten in the way.  Now move on Nancy while the adults talk.

Changeupp preaching to his queer boys

LISTEN TO ME

:rofl
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #398 on: April 20, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »

Changeupp preaching to his queer boys

LISTEN TO ME

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice contribution.

I don't bother you when you're romancing your farm animals. 

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #399 on: April 20, 2014, 11:49:06 AM »
Nice contribution.

I don't bother you when you're romancing your farm animals.  
LOL you thread sucks dood it just you and you ankle jumpers.  
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »
When Megalodons jokes fall short.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2014, 11:51:45 AM »
Shopping around for the best kill area would be tops I would say.  It happens now but it would be more intense with a reduced side switch time.  I may be wrong on this but I suspect a good portion of the reduced switch time group are shoppers now.

That already happens when you log in with the ability to change sides being immediate.  There are really only two maps that provide endless fights at a couple of bases so it wouldn't matter which side because the opportunity is the same for both sides.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2014, 11:53:19 AM »
Pwning the 95% doesn't make you skilled, lol.  Pwning the 5% does.

You arn't even part of the 95% you suck so bad your part of the -95% club

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2014, 11:53:32 AM »
LOL you thread sucks dood it just you and you ankle jumpers.  

It's not my thread sand pounder, lol.  Got me an ankle humper again!!  Lol.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2014, 11:54:09 AM »
That already happens when you log in with the ability to change sides being immediate.  There are really only two maps that provide endless fights at a couple of bases so it wouldn't matter which side because the opportunity is the same for both sides.

You guys are the biggest grieffers in the game and Randy has you huys pegged to a T