Author Topic: Audio and Frame Rate Problems  (Read 968 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Audio and Frame Rate Problems
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 09:09:16 PM »
Depending on your budget you can purchase one ready to go or you can go to different websites and purchase parts and build it yourself.

Www.cybetpower.com  is a good site for pre built as is www.ibuypower.com .

If you feel brave go to www.newegg.com and www.tigerdirect.com for parts to build your own. There is no greater feeling than to buy and build your own rig. People here will give opinions but always do research to make up your own mind. 

LawnDart
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:12:28 PM by ebfd11 »
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 08:00:08 AM »
Looks like Best Buy has a 0% Apr right now for 18 months right now. That may be the route I take.
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 09:06:42 AM »
Cremator, you are by far not the only one

I have been having the same exact issues as well, also attempting to fly close on the ground or taxing I run into massive lag spikes... And my laptop is still fairly new...

FBDragon has seen the same problems as well to the point where it is unplayable while flying close to the ground!

Does not matter how new it is.  It is lacking in video RAM.  With 512MB of dedicated video RAM, you can easily run it out of resources which will manifest as all manner of stutters.

It looks like you are using the built-in video chip, which exacerbates the problem.  When it has to go to system RAM, the CPU is locked from executing anything as there is only one memory bus for both to share.

Basically, you need to crank down all the graphic settings.  Start with "Maximum Texture Size".  Should be no higher than 512.  The only "Advanced" graphic options you might get away with enabling is "Detailed Water" and, possibly "Detailed Terrain".
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:08:20 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 09:34:19 AM »
I have been having the same exact issues as well, also attempting to fly close on the ground or taxing I run into massive lag spikes...

Make sure to disable ground clutter while in flight. It's an option in your graphics settings in the game.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals