Author Topic: Milwaukee Brewers  (Read 312 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Milwaukee Brewers
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:21:39 AM »
Wow,  I knew we were going to have a better team this year, but not a 10-2 record.  A sweep of the Phillies & Redsox on the road,  and just swept the Pirates at home is no easy task.

Hope they can keep at it!  Go Crew! :cheers:

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Milwaukee Brewers
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »
They are the talk of MLB.

Questions? Will the pitching hold up, right now lets face it they are pitching better then they actually are. A 1.80 team ERA just aint gonna last. But they do have talent on their staff. Gallardo is just unhittable right now. And Peralta aint far behind him. Garza is going to shore up that starting staff and a great signing. Ive seen Garza throw some really good innings 90 miles south, you just have to give him"some" run support. Signing Garza just might have been the key to the playoffs for you this year. Trust me, he does have stuff.

Hitting-wise I think you'd be better off getting on base more and moving runners more. This hitting hot streak cant last. The OPB% is a little low but still, its unusual to see a team hit so well in April. Does Aramis still have the gas for an entire season? 1st and 3rd basers often do late into their 30's.

A very solid team. I'd love to see them beat ST Louis and Pitt. Im a WS fan so I dont care what happens to the Cubs.

"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 12:52:35 PM »
Good questions Rich.  We are getting alot of bat support throughout the line up, which is clutch.  The defense is playing well.  Like you mentioned though, there is a lot of ball to play.  Kind of nice leading the pack for once though, makes for great games to watch! :cheers:

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:00:32 PM »
I think us Phillies fans need to kiddknap that little dog of yours  :D  (just kidding....very classy thing the Brewers did giving that pup a home)  Go Hank!!!  :aok :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 09:10:51 AM »
And the streak hit a brick wall named Lance Lynn. :D With Miller and Kelly to follow the Cards probably take 2 of 3.

A very solid team. I'd love to see them beat ST Louis and Pitt.

Beating out the Pirates isn't impossible, as Pittsburgh did almost nothing to improve the team over the off season. Beating St. Louis isn't likely going to happen. The bats are off to a bit of a slow start, but once Craig, Peralta and Bourjos get going, look out.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:24:13 AM »
Pffffft... we're only two weeks in. Beat The Streak anybody?

Oh and how about that game last night mbailey.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 07:11:10 PM »
Lynn is an animal.  I really dislike the Cards. :D

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 10:56:55 PM »
Lynn is said to have the best stuff of any pitcher on the staff -- Wainwright included -- he just lacks the control to consistently make use of it, and his endurance has been problematic.

Shelby looked good tonight. I'm still of the opinion he needs an out pitch, though. Almost everything he throws is a 4-seamer or a cutter, and he doesn't have the velocity to blow it by people. If he can develop a REALLY good breaking pitch like Wainwright's curve or a nasty slider, he's going to rack up the Ks. As it is, he'll get guys 0-2 and not be able to put them away, which really runs up his pitch count.

Also nice to see Holliday belt his first dinger, and Peralta and Bourjos seem to be starting to come around with their bats. If Craig can get going as well the Cardinals will NOT be a fun 1-8 to pitch to, as there will be no holes in that lineup.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 05:42:31 AM »
Pffffft... we're only two weeks in. Beat The Streak anybody?

Oh and how about that game last night mbailey.

Yea, to loose a game where they had 33 hits was a heartbreaker
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 11:53:15 PM »
 :eek:

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 02:10:08 AM »
Reminds me of the Doug Rader and Bobby V days of the Texas Rangers. They would be the terrors of the AL West until the All Star break. Then it was back to reality.
Come see me after the break.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 08:04:33 AM »
This morning Brewers have won 73.7% of their games.  My!

Where my lowly Cubs are now the 3rd worst team in baseball winning 29.4% of their games.  They were the 2nd worst team not long ago.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 08:34:04 AM »
I was happy to see the Rays just beat the snot out of the Yankees on Friday and Saturday. Not too happy to see them choke on Sunday though. Oh well, it is still very early in the season and we are only two games back. Hopefully the rays can keep their bats alive. The A.L. East is definitely the toughest division in baseball.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 10:20:22 AM »
Hehe..Pirates must be upset we have won 6 out of 7 so early in the season. :neener: