Author Topic: realistic Wind and Weather  (Read 906 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
realistic Wind and Weather
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:46:34 AM »
AH is spending all this time and effort on water, we don't fly in the water.   How about realistic weather , with clouds?  Wind that is based on real weather.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: realistic Wind and Weather
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:00:53 AM »
"I like my 60 frame rate instead of 30 thank you."

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 08:08:45 AM »
Is there some manner of eureka moment when someone reads one thread, they want to have an equivalent one of their own :headscratch:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 08:49:13 AM »
Is there some manner of eureka moment when someone reads one thread, they want to have an equivalent one of their own :headscratch:

Really, there is a thread asking for wind and weather, weather like rain showers and realistic clouds.  Sorry, didn't see it before I posted , if it exists.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 08:56:47 AM »

try to be original

I like my 60 frame rate instead of 30 thank you.  :D

also you might try a better graphic card.   that's where most of the new graphic features will be processed .   You will still get your 60 FPS.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 09:21:49 AM »
Really, there is a thread asking for wind and weather, weather like rain showers and realistic clouds.  Sorry, didn't see it before I posted , if it exists.

You posted this in the big cheese thread an hour ago :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 09:43:32 AM »
try to be original

also you might try a better graphic card.   that's where most of the new graphic features will be processed .   You will still get your 60 FPS.

Don't fell like killing my laptop to do so  :D

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
Don't fell like killing my laptop to do so  :D

:rofl

Laptop

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
AH is spending all this time and effort on water, we don't fly in the water.   How about realistic weather , with clouds?  Wind that is based on real weather.
I am against turbulence and realistic clouds because virtual "realistic" weather is probably very annoying IMHO. I tried weather effects in IL2 1946 couple of times and couldn`t stand it. Flying a fighter in turbulence there felt similar to the pt boat swell effect we had a while ago. The effect could be made a bit more random, but you can bet it happens just as you get your sight on the enemy. Think of a low twisting evasive Fw190 that is all over the place and add some random bumps that throw your aim off some more. I know what I would be like  :furious. In reality turbulence is more fun because you can feel the aircraft move. In a simulator it is just a twitching screen and it is not that thrilling.

Adding clouds could create situations where you can sneak up on the enemies and force them to fight with nowhere to run. At the same time there could be situations where your enemies see you first and turn away before you see them or they sneak up on you and shoot without you even seeing them, so no "real fight". More hide and seek, but I can live with that.

If realistic weather should come I wish there would be a realistic forecast available so that I could see before logging in what the weather will be like in the game and decide if I want to play that time or not.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 10:55:59 AM »
The the adoption of Shader 3.0 being required to play AH it is entirely possible that we'll see optimized weather effects that can be used by HTC with little or no frame rate impact.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »
"I like this game is dieing because we want people with computers from 2001 to play"
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 02:33:56 PM »
You posted this in the big cheese thread an hour ago :old:

There is a big cheese thread???  I was in several different threads where different subjects were discussed, this room however is for the purpose of requesting changes to the game by making a wish.  All other rooms are just discussions.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:35:41 PM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »
wind and turbulence should be saved for fso and scenarios.  Moving, random, and dynamic clouds on the other hand is a big winner for me.  Of course, a nice weather forcast or current cloud condition information would be a very much appreciated touch.

:salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 06:54:54 PM »
"I like this game is dieing because we want people with computers from 2001 to play"

"i like this game dying because some people want the airplane to jump all over the place without landing a single shot"

you want to simulate weather making your airplane jump all over the place just dont calibrate your joystick and pedals.  it will be the same thing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 12:20:07 PM »
"i like this game dying because some people want the airplane to jump all over the place without landing a single shot"

you want to simulate weather making your airplane jump all over the place just dont calibrate your joystick and pedals.  it will be the same thing.

semp

You must really hate change or have a really terrible computer because when anything comes to eye candy you start crying and making utterly stupid suggestions. We can see that a pure dog fighting arena will NOT get people to play (cough* WW1 cough*). Also War thunder while however crap it may be in terms of flight model gets way more players than aces high because of immersion and eye candy.

You know, I never see you in game. Matter of fact half of the people on this board are not in game ever. Yet they always have to put in their two cents and how ramble on about how change is bad and eye candy is for noobs.

I say we need this in game:

*windows that are not perfect, put some scratches on them it makes it more realistic.
*Some shaking when you start the engine up
*Weather which includes rain/snow/wind
*Some scratches on flight instruments. Not so they can't be seen but to add to immersion.
*Better sound engine, 3d engine placement, flak that actually sounds like flak, a default sound pack that doesn't sound like garbage, etc
*Better lighting (I believe this is already getting done).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:25:16 PM by olds442 »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"