Author Topic: Warthunder videos  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
Re: Warthunder videos
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 02:34:05 AM »
I will just say this.

After playing War Thunder for a bit. I have to say it has impressed me.

Aces High however is still the superior sim in terms of flight model and scope.....

I know it is tantamount to heresy to speak War Thunder's praises in here. But I will say that they have come a long way. Arcade mode is still arcade. But realism and simulator are worlds away from what they used to be. Now, besides some of the UI features in War Thunder. The gameplay itself is remarkably similar to the old H2H days.

I don't much care for the assists that keep popping up. And the flight model is, while vastly improved and actually feels realistic to an admirable degree, isn't Aces High's (although their 190 feels considerably more accurate to pilot descriptions and handling, and here comes schwoly now). The feel of War Thunder is far more visceral and entertaining. Unlike in Aces, there are no "WIN T3H WARZ" hordes. Rather a small team of bombers carrying out strikes. And a bunch of fighters. Granted if you are an Aces player hopping over to War Thunder. The opposition is a bit underwhelming. But when you meet a pilot who knows his game, its intense, entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable.

All that said. Aces High 2 has scope... scope that no other MMOCFS has ever achieved. And it is a game that has an unbelievable community.

Once the new GFX engine is in. Once we get our showcase planes on the market. And if we change side switching. AND IF, we bring in smaller maps or at least medium sized ones.

Aces High will hit right back at WT in the pants. 
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline kano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2014, 05:35:09 AM »
Ive been playing warthunder a bit the last week or so, and i must say its quite enjoyable but in a totally different way to AH.

Realistic mode is quite fun but the flight models do feel sub par in comparision to AH its hard to feel the stall in WT as there is a certain amount of turbulence in normal flight anyway.

The graphics are good i especially like the clouds theres just something about diving through a cloud to dive bomb your objective and as you pass through the cockpit smears with water and its quite disorientating.

I still prefer AH for the community, better flight models and the expanse of terrain but warthunder is easier to pick up and put down which when the kids are in devil mode and wont sleep is easier for me.

EatG
The Few

S/L No 32 squadron BoB 2013

Eats Eagle

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2014, 08:08:51 AM »
Here's a perfect summation of what is NOT awesome about War Thunder:

http://www.twitch.tv/pand_twb/c/4158193

(This apparently only happens with Simulation mode, because very few people have the chops and/or equipment to fly it - the other two modes are absolute garbage)
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2014, 09:20:21 AM »
Ive been playing warthunder a bit the last week or so, and i must say its quite enjoyable but in a totally different way to AH.

Realistic mode is quite fun but the flight models do feel sub par in comparision to AH its hard to feel the stall in WT as there is a certain amount of turbulence in normal flight anyway.

The graphics are good i especially like the clouds theres just something about diving through a cloud to dive bomb your objective and as you pass through the cockpit smears with water and its quite disorientating.

I still prefer AH for the community, better flight models and the expanse of terrain but warthunder is easier to pick up and put down which when the kids are in devil mode and wont sleep is easier for me.

EatG

Wait until you are behind someone who has an oil leak. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
Aces High will hit right back at WT in the pants. 

This is pretty much my feelings as well, and what has kept me here, and kept me coming back for 15 years.  AH1 was such a revolutionary product and game, and had such a dynamic team building it, one that participated in the game daily.   I have faith that the ability to do it again is still in there, and I'll bet once the new engine/graphics and other changes they likely have in store go public, AH3 will be THE place to fly WW2 online air combat.  Despite all the other issues of contention (12 hour, maps, bbs rules/moderation, etc etc), I believe the game itself once we see the "new" version will surpass anything any of the competitors out there have come up with.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2014, 01:03:23 PM »
i just watched about 10 minutes of warthunder--ships dualing----icons for each section is shown fuel,engine,ammo,etc.what fun is that if the bad guy can see your weak spots...i would only play that game if i could not play ACES HIGH 2--but then that would mean i have no internet or my puters broke....it looks alot like a ps3 game
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »
Saw some videos of it on Youtube and I must say that it looks amazing.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."