Author Topic: A strange perception of the DA  (Read 8874 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: A strange perception of the DA
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2014, 02:19:20 PM »

So?

You make multiple incorrect assumptions regarding the progression I stated...

Now you're back peddling.  You offered evidence.  I made no assumption.

Back to the topic...

What keeps people out of the DA????
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »
So what? you think you are special or something after you made your special P51 skin? Because all of a sudden the old vraciu that was thanking the community for helping him skin planes is now talking about banging peoples sisters and how he is the biggest man on planet earth.

What a class act you are sir, class act indeed.

And you are not a class act with your obviously ill-informed bias posted above.

I simply fed back to Bear76 the sh-t he was trying to shovel into my mouth.   Take off your blinders, son.

And I will suggest that my Pony skin was improved greatly by your comment on the first submission regarding bump mapping, etc. for which I thank you.  Even though your criticism was hardly tactful...

I am not going to be bullied by people like Bear.  If you have a problem with that you know where you can go.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »

My kill ratio went from 0.2:1 to 2:1 with his help (ignore this tour as it is an outlier for a couple reasons).   I can now engage 5:1 and score hits whereas before I was dead in a merge or two.

What he teaches has been hard to grasp fully, but it is coming along...   And he has a reason for what he does that he can articulate.   I have seen him in action over and over and over.   Skill is but a part.   Thinking the fight is more important.

Boom and zoom with the occasional loop and slash shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.  There are diagrams on the internet that should get you on track as fast as it takes to google it and click "images".  

If you're really wanting to learn to fight, I would suggest you're going about it in reverse order.  You'll learn more about surviving in any situation by pushing your luck and limits than you will by playing it safe and flying straight.  Take advantage of the fact that this is a game.  Your toon death just means you get a new plane with more ammo and parts that work.   :aok
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2014, 02:25:29 PM »
Badboy and his shades.
+the lazy arse mentality, practicing is for sissies anyways
Nuff said.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2014, 02:25:55 PM »

Back to the topic...

No, you accuse me of back pedaling because you lost the argument.

I have improved with Skyyr's help and techniques in a matter of days, not years, as before.  And I do not always attack from advantage or run as you suggest.  I am able to fight and survive in more deadly situations than ever before.   I have a long way to go, but your suggestion that buying what he sells is foolish just doesn't hold water.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2014, 02:27:06 PM »

And you are not a class act with your obviously ill-informed bias posted above.

I simply fed back to Bear76 the sh-t he was trying to shovel into my mouth.   Take off your blinders, son.

And I will suggest that my Pony skin was improved greatly by your comment on the first submission regarding bump mapping, etc. for which I thank you.  Even though your criticism was hardly tactful...

I am not going to be bullied by people like Bear.  If you have a problem with that you know where you can go.

Bullied lol. You need no help making a fool of yourself from me.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2014, 02:28:16 PM »
Vraciu, please, stop beating your chest. Its kinda funny, you talk exactly like derpway.

Anyways, i pwn ya all. Take it or prove yourself.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »
Boom and zoom with the occasional loop and slash shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.  There are diagrams on the internet that should get you on track as fast as it takes to google it and click "images".  

If you're really wanting to learn to fight, I would suggest you're going about it in reverse order.  You'll learn more about surviving in any situation by pushing your luck and limits than you will by playing it safe and flying straight.  Take advantage of the fact that this is a game.  Your toon death just means you get a new plane with more ammo and parts that work.   :aok

And I can now fight against five by myself and make a game of it when before 1:1 and 2:1 were sure death.

I still lose a lot, but I am slowly learning to focus on the process not the score.   Do the right things.  Study when you lose to learn why.   Practice.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2014, 02:31:33 PM »
Vraciu, please, stop beating your chest. Its kinda funny, you talk exactly like derpway.

Anyways, i pwn ya all. Take it or prove yourself.

I am not beating my chest.  I have no reason to even try that.

The point is, when people attack someone like Skyyr, who is always willing to help people improve, I have a problem with that.   I will speak out.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2014, 02:31:58 PM »
I found the ones that wont go to DA are most often found in the MA in a huge green hourd.... in a crappy P40 bragging about how awesome they are because they fly a P40 in the MA. :rolleyes:

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

This x 1000 + tax.   A pick is a pick, regardless of your ENY.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »
Bullied lol. You need no help making a fool of yourself from me.

Says the guy who thinks he is better than Skyyr.  Lmao!
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2014, 02:35:07 PM »

Says the guy who thinks he is better than Skyyr.  Lmao!

Who isn't.......besides you I mean?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »

No, you accuse me of back pedaling because you lost the argument.

I have improved with Skyyr's help and techniques in a matter of days, not years, as before.  And I do not always attack from advantage or run as you suggest.  I am able to fight and survive in more deadly situations than ever before.   I have a long way to go, but your suggestion that buying what he sells is foolish just doesn't hold water.

I will repeat it slowly so you don't get confused.

I don't know if you ran or not.  My post said you'd get a better score than you said you had if you did. 
There was no argument.  Skyrr may be your personal Jesus, but compared to people that have skills as demonstrated by there performance in the brackets, KOTH etc, he's not on that list.  That isn't arguable, that's a fact.
If you want to hang your future on THAT guy, that's your business but don't shovel it here where a bunch of people know the difference.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2014, 02:37:01 PM »

Back to the topic...

As for the question....

In my view, the MA is called the "Main" for a reason.  It lends stature.   People accord respect to skill shown there more than the DA.   "Nobody cares about scores in the DA."

So a good pilot in the DA is dismissed.    His performance is considered irrelevant.   Few people see his name in lights there, esp. compared to the MA.

That said, the fights are easily found and highly challenging because you will always wind up at the bottom if you live long.   So you go from offensive to neutral to defensive against multiple bandits very quickly.

I will be going there more often to learn...
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »
GROUP HUG :D
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait