Author Topic: No answer, just an observation  (Read 982 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: No answer, just an observation
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 12:17:39 PM »
It's a good idea to fight medicore-average pilots when first starting to get a good idea of how to fly and fight, but you shouldn't limit yourself by staying at that level. Once you get comfortable fighting in a plane search out those uber pilots and test your skills. At first you might die in the first turn or two, but you'll learn from that fight. Take that new found knowledge and put it to use the next time you face an uber pilot. Again you might die in the first turn or two again but once again you'll learn some more. Soon you'll start surviving 3 turns against uber pilots, then 4, then 5, and then you'll reach a point where you're starting to get shot opportunities on these uber pilots. THIS IS PROGRESS! This kind of progress you can only make when fighting someone BETTER than you. If you're constantly fighting pilot who are on your level or below then you'll never learn anything new and therefore will never improve beyond your current limit.

This insight is quite interesting. I've never heard any comments about the uber pilots from the average pilots before. So they've been telling all the new players so avoid fighting people better than them? No wonder the number of planes turning and running at icon range has been on the increase lately. The cold hard truth is, YES, you are going to SUCK.... at first. Everyone sucks at first, but it's by fighting people better than you that you improve and go from sucking to killing!  :aok

I agree much with this   :aok
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »
0. Know score is no bearing on skill and is skewed as many ways as there are grains of sand at the beach.
1. Fly early-mid war planes (F4f, P-40s ...) at co-altitude or less.
2. Finish every fight until one of you is in flames.
3. Note what you did right and wrong.
4. Repeat.

Slade  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline -27th-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »
Great post LilMak.

:salute
27th

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »
I wasn't saying I agree with what I was originally taught.  I sought out trainers and many good pilots (some who have posted in this thread) who were willing to help me..thank you!

It just struck me how different the philosophies are.  My uber friends are frustrated because they are able to land 10 or 12 kills per hour but can't find them, and my non-uber friends aren't Ch 200 whiners, they just fly off when they meet an uber squad and find a fight elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:00:00 PM by shoresroad »
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen