Author Topic: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS  (Read 9342 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »
No I'm not suggesting anyone quit or threaten to quit, I was just being silly.  I still have enough fun in the game currently, but not being able to switch sides cuts my nights short and is an extreme general annoyance because this is America and I was raised on this being the land of the free, par for the course these days I guess.  The rule in itself is not enough for me to quit, besides the normal "burn out" breaks.  I say that now, we'll see where we are at a month from now.
I never said 'quit' I said 'take a break' and really think about what the game means to you. Dont come to thee forums just make a clean break see how you feel about the game after 2 weeks. Look some tried spamming the boards and being pests for resolution some are threating to cancel subs and some have already done so as they feel the game is not friendly to them,  all I am saying is don't go half hearted into a break, go all in take a real break see how you feel at the end of 2 weeks.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »
I never said 'quit' I said 'take a break' and really think about what the game means to you. Dont come to thee forums just make a clean break see how you feel about the game after 2 weeks. Look some tried spamming the boards and being pests for resolution some are threating to cancel subs and some have already done so as they feel the game is not friendly to them,  all I am saying is don't go half hearted into a break, go all in take a real break see how you feel at the end of 2 weeks.

He just came off of a three year break dood.  Give it a rest with the take a break routine
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2014, 06:45:43 PM »
No I'm not suggesting anyone quit or threaten to quit, I was just being silly.  I still have enough fun in the game currently, but not being able to switch sides cuts my nights short and is an extreme general annoyance because this is America and I was raised on this being the land of the free, par for the course these days I guess.  The rule in itself is not enough for me to quit, besides the normal "burn out" breaks.  I say that now, we'll see where we are at a month from now.
You are completely free to play this product AS IS,  when people are spamming the boards ad blatantly violating rules THAT is not what they are free to do.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »
yes people have stated that is a reason they quit paying you guys have been much, much more active in these threads then I have. I am sure you are being disingenuous when posted that. No I am not going to go look for quotes I already spent over an hour looking for a reply from Hitech on this issue.

I was quite serious, I have not seen anyone say they were going to quit unless. Some may have quit because of it, I don't know, but if you haven't kept up on the threads you shouldn't make statements like you have read them.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2014, 06:46:59 PM »
He just came off of a three year break dood.  Give it a rest with the take a break routine
And launches straight into this campaign? give the 12 hour rule spams a break. Send emails if you want or pms to the HTC guys instead. It would probably serve better. THAT is my main argument here not whether or not the 12 hour rule is justified. Have you even been reading my posts completely or are you giving me 'not semp, but close' treatment? :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:49:37 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2014, 06:47:53 PM »
I was quite serious, I have not seen anyone say they were going to quit unless. Some may have quit because of it, I don't know, but if you haven't kept up on the threads you shouldn't make statements like you have read them.
I have read the threads enough to see the threats. I was pointing out if I noticed them surely you did too.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2014, 06:51:48 PM »
I have read the threads enough to see the threats. I was pointing out if I noticed them surely you did too.

I read them all and no I didn't see anyone threaten anything. The funny thing is you're keeping the 12 hr convo alive  ;)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: April 23, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »

I read them all and no I didn't see anyone threaten anything. The funny thing is you're keeping the 12 hr convo alive  ;)
IM just getting it outta my system. I have dinner soon then Ill go play some planetside2. Also I'll shush about the 12 hr rule if everyone else does to. And Ill fly the p-38 exclusively for a month.or anyplane of the communities choosing.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:48 PM »
Resetting the arena switch time is already in the arena settings.  It would take less than 5 seconds to change

Your basing this off Tankaces post about it being done in the AvA? Are we even sure that's the case for the MA? And I seem to recall it was 2 minutes not 5 seconds.

Yes I am and you don't have any idea either.

I know exactly how long it takes. But knowing that it takes only a couple of seconds change the side-switch time is irrelevant. The side switch time is set by HTC, and it's their decision as too how long it should be.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: April 23, 2014, 07:30:41 PM »
Plzzzzzzzzzz let this subject go :bhead
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:45:49 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2014, 07:34:07 PM »
I know exactly how long it takes. But knowing that it takes only a couple of seconds change the side-switch time is irrelevant. The side switch time is set by HTC, and it's their decision as too how long it should be.

Thank you for your answer

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2014, 07:36:04 PM »
And launches straight into this campaign? give the 12 hour rule spams a break. Send emails if you want or pms to the HTC guys instead. It would probably serve better. THAT is my main argument here not whether or not the 12 hour rule is justified. Have you even been reading my posts completely or are you giving me 'not semp, but close' treatment? :D

3 day or 3 year what difference does it make?  You're pretty tall in your seat to be telling people how and when to have opinions and whether or not to voice them.  And truthfully no one asked you anymore than they asked him.

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »
common sense suggest that if the owners of the company set the time switch limit to 12 hrs well then its 12 hrs , so deal with it and go play the game....some folks are beginning to act like  gnats

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »
3 day or 3 year what difference does it make?  You're pretty tall in your seat to be telling people how and when to have opinions and whether or not to voice them.  And truthfully no one asked you anymore than they asked him.
and no one asked you so give it a rest. And this is not a suggestion.
HiTech

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »
We're taking a look at adjusting the side switch timer, guys.  Bear with us.  We've got a few irons in the fire right now.

Go jump off a bridge.  We're keeping the side switch duration at 12 hours.

Either of these answers in any one of the recent threads would have gone a long way to putting this issue to rest.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-