Author Topic: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS  (Read 9418 times)

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »
Seems like the answer would be to not switch sides in the morning then. You know how the game works but you still switch in the morning knowing there is a very good chance your friends will be on in the evening prior to the 12 hours being up.

Do you realize how dumb you sound right now.

I should log out and avoid playing all together just incase later that night my friends log on and we want to be on the same country.

Yeah.. thats some great motivation for me to keep handing my money over.

"don't play now, because you won't be able to play later.. but keep paying"

hahahah

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 12:17:34 PM »
I am here to fly fighters and that is it.

If I log on in the morning to play for an hour and the only fight is between the two countries I am not on, I switch.

you can go work an 8 hour day, have an hour commute both ways and when you get home to log on and play with your friends you can't… because it hasn't been 12 hours yet.

Fun huh?

nope.

log out.
You choose to participate in one part of the game, that is your choice. The powers tha be have chosen to keep it a 12 hour rule. When you are unwilling to change why sould HTC be willing to change especially with the way some people are going about it. Making threats, and throwing tantrums when they don't get what they want., and yes that is exactly what this latest round of spamming threads about 12 hour rule is, a tantrum by an overly vocal minority of the  AH universe. It may be a majority on the forums I don't know but you guys sure do squawk enough to sound like a majority.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 12:20:29 PM »

I should log out and avoid playing all together just incase later that night my friends log on and we want to be on the same country.

Yeah.. thats some great motivation for me to keep handing my money over.

"don't play now, because you won't be able to play later.. but keep paying"

hahahah
and the constant squabbling over what is not a major issue makes new players want to spend theirs? You have options but you don't want to take them you want it 'your way' even though there are those that do not agree with you does your  opinion weigh more than theirs? You refuse to compromise as apparently does HTC how do you realistically expect this to end?
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 12:22:13 PM »
player friendly.

Word! If feels like we are "tolerated" to play Aces High, even tho we are paying customers. Reminds me some big companies with a monopoly. It also feels like HTC doesn't give 2 damns about the glaring gameplay issues we encounter every day in the Arenas.

Communication is what we need, like well written sticky posts, not some borderline condescending answer in the corner of a random thread from 2009.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 12:23:17 PM »

:rofl

Word! If feels like we are "tolerated" to play Aces High, even tho we are paying customers. Reminds me some big companies with a monopoly. It also feels like HTC doesn't give 2 damns about the glaring gameplay issues we encounter every day in the Arenas.

Communication is what we need, like well written sticky posts, not some borderline condescending answer in the corner of a random thread from 2009.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 12:24:49 PM »

ALso spamming the boards with the same topic repeatedly is not effective communication.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »
You choose to participate in one part of the game, that is your choice. The powers tha be have chosen to keep it a 12 hour rule. When you are unwilling to change why sould HTC be willing to change especially with the way some people are going about it. Making threats, and throwing tantrums when they don't get what they want., and yes that is exactly what this latest round of spamming threads about 12 hour rule is, a tantrum by an overly vocal minority of the  AH universe. It may be a majority on the forums I don't know but you guys sure do squawk enough to sound like a majority.

Its not that I choose to participate in only one part, its that there is only one part that interests me in this game and that is fighters.

So what should I do then, when I log in and there are no fights and one flashing base on my country. The other two countries have epic furballs.

I should log out because in the next 8 hours it will be prime time and my squad will be on?

I should take up a fighter and fly an hour to the furball to possibly die within 2 minutes.. just for an hour flight again?

I should take up a fighter and just hover over an enemy base waiting for a single upper who after killing once never returns?

I should talk crap on 200 and state what base i am at and hope someone takes the bait and look like an dick because I can't find a fight?

there are many of us who log on and then log right back out because the 12 hour rule is holding us down from participating.. that is the point.

lets not argue this anymore dude I'm pretty sure people know where I stand and where others do.

I'm up for giving HTC a break the rest of the week.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:28:12 PM by BluBerry »

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »
ALso spamming the boards with the same topic repeatedly is not effective communication.

We are a group of individuals motivated by our own desire, not the borg. If someone doesn't see any answer he'll keep posting. A sticky from day 1 about side switch times and the reason behind it would have aborted the spamming. I still don't know what the official word is btw.

my 2 cents on side switching is that the MA is so dead at euro times that switching country may help people to actually enjoy the game, cause right now we are not, and we are leaving the game. I left the game but kept my account to support HTC, but given the lack of interest of the company for our problems I should stop my account.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:30:01 PM by SirNuke »

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 12:28:38 PM »
Its not that I choose to participate in only one part, its that there is only one part that interests me in this game and that is fighters.

So what should I do then, when I log in and there are no fights and one flashing base on my country. The other two countries have epic furballs.

I should log out because in the next 8 hours it will be prime time and my squad will be on?

I should take up a fighter and fly an hour to the furball to possibly die within 2 minutes.. just for an hour flight again?

I should take up a fighter and just hover over an enemy base waiting for a single upper who after killing once never returns?

I should talk crap on 200 and state what base i am at and hope someone takes the bait and look like an dick because I can't find a fight?

there are many of us who log on and then log right back out because the 12 hour rule is holding us down from participating.. that is the point.

lets not argue this anyone dude I'm pretty sure people know where I stand and where others do.

I'm up for giving HTC a break the rest of the week.  :cheers:
I got ya just saying smashing a baddie base with a few buddies is a GREAT way to start a fight. Pigs do it all the time we break it if you don't defend it we take it.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2014, 12:30:11 PM »

It's cool bro.. I didn't know I sounded dumb. I forgot to take into account who I was talking to. You win.

Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2014, 12:30:29 PM »
We are a group of individuals motivated by our own desire, not the borg. If someone doesn't see any answer he'll keep posting. A sticky from day 1 about side switch times and the reason behind it would have aborted the spamming. I still don't know what the official word is btw.
Im just saying that spamming the boards and breaking the rules is not conducive to your plight. It just give HTC a reason to PNG ya, and at this point in time it may be wise to lay low, just look at a lot of AoM tag lines lots of free so and so' being put in tags right now.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
I got ya just saying smashing a baddie base with a few buddies is a GREAT way to start a fight. Pigs do it all the time we break it if you don't defend it we take it.

Looks like its a squad tradition to tell people how they should play. Air combat is not happening in this game.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2014, 12:32:41 PM »
Im just saying that spamming the boards and breaking the rules is not conducive to your plight. It just give HTC a reason to PNG ya, and at this point in time it may be wise to lay low, just look at a lot of AoM tag lines lots of free so and so' being put in tags right now.

they don't give a damn. They'd rather be able to actually play with no BBS account than the way around. Spamming the boards seems like the only way at times, given the lack of communication of the owners.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »

There are 60 of ya, lol.  There is nothing in the game you can't break with 60 squad members and you all are nits 100%.  You guys should get the 4th country by yourself.

That being said, you're always a good place to get action that's for sure
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2014, 12:33:22 PM »

No. Even the post I quoted by hitech leaves the impression it might be company policy.

It might be, or it might not be htc's stance today after 5 years, I don't know, but clearly the less said in their responses, the better. It gives them more options.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001