Author Topic: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS  (Read 9412 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« on: April 23, 2014, 08:25:18 AM »
Two weeks ago I was in the DFW area and paid a visit to the HTC office. Hitech gave a brief display of some of the new water/terrain...very cool stuff and not unlike what's been posted in the updates. I watched Dale at work and let me say, what he does is tedious stuff. The situation is no less demanding for Skuzzy.

It's safe to say that HTC is aware of the side switch time demands/complaints/suggestions, which have overtaken the general discussion forum of late. Each time Hitech or Skuzzy have to deal with a distraction on the BBS, less work is applied to the game re-write. I for one would like to see the game progress continue unfettered. Can we just leave the drama behind and let these folks do their' work?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:41:27 AM »
+1

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:33 AM »
It's safe to say that HTC is aware of the side switch time demands/complaints/suggestions, which have overtaken the general discussion forum of late. Each time Hitech or Skuzzy have to deal with a distraction on the BBS, less work is applied to the game re-write. I for one would like to see the game progress continue unfettered. Can we just leave the drama behind and let these folks do their' work?

The majority of the chatter about the 12 hour rule could have been cut off at the knees with a simple, "Hey dudes, we hear what you're saying.  We'll look into it for the next update" or something similar.  

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 08:53:56 AM »
The majority of the chatter about the 12 hour rule could have been cut off at the knees with a simple, "Hey dudes, we hear what you're saying.  We'll look into it for the next update" or something similar.  

+1
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:57:15 AM »
scuze me Muppets but am curious...

what does TWBYDHAS stand for?
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »

Did they never reply to any of the numerous requests? If not I don't think the matter was handled well by either side. Spamming the forums with the same requests like was done, evidently got what was requested: A reply. A reply that may be unpopular with some but a reply no less, a reply I think is justified given the obvious insolence of blatantly breaking the rules. Somebodies fought the law and the law won.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:43 AM »

Please refer all Muppet cryptology questions to Grizz's PM box.  We all signed confidentiality agreements and don't want to lose our Top Secret Crypto clearance
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 09:11:20 AM »

+1
 I find HTC loves to stick its head in the sand when something comes up they don't want to deal with anymore.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 09:14:04 AM »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 09:15:21 AM »

Mmmmmbecause the hint was too subtle.  :banana:

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:39 AM »
Did they never reply to any of the numerous requests?

I never saw any.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »
+1
 I find HTC loves to stick its head in the sand when something comes up they don't want to deal with anymore.

Statements like this always make me think of a Bill Cosby line from his old stand up routine "Let the beatings commence".

Go read this thread,

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361494.0.html

And see how well a response to the OP worked out, he is still screaming just like he did before I gave him a response.

Now do you think a response to you is going to work out well?

The point is many time we are damned if we do damned if we don't, many times we choose to say nothing because it is the less of 2 evils

HiTech

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 09:27:54 AM »
Please refer all Muppet cryptology questions to Grizz's PM box.  We all signed confidentiality agreements and don't want to lose our Top Secret Crypto clearance

well I know a little bit of cryptology. But this one is kinda weak. Sounds almost like....dare I say....blackmail?
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:31:28 AM by hitech »
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member