Author Topic: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS  (Read 9341 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2014, 12:33:46 PM »
Looks like its a squad tradition to tell people how they should play. Air combat is not happening in this game.
Nice try at misdirection if air combat is not happening, then maybe you are just giving up to easy. I nearly always find a fight as I have said before.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2014, 12:34:55 PM »
Well, since I was sucked into posting by Shamus's YouTube link, here's the answer hitech gave back in 2009: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,272524.msg3409835.html#msg3409835

It's every bit as appropriate today as it was then.

Just got done reading that whole thread. WOW.  :O  All of this really is just a rinse and repeat of things. Slightly different topic.. same ways of complaining.

We should start a pool on what the annual "mass" whine will be about each year. Can reference that thread from 5 years for the tactics used and the end of the game predictions.

Winner who correctly guesses what the big whine will be for the year gets the pool.  :aok    
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »
a tantrum by an overly vocal minority of the  AH universe. It may be a majority on the forums I don't know but you guys sure do squawk enough to sound like a majority.

It's impossible to call it a "minority" without polling or some sort of measuring stick.  Vocal, yes, minority? Maybe, maybe not.  Heck, we tallied 40 votes in Revo's thread and it was only up for three and a half hours before Hitech locked it for some reason, so I doubt it.  If I had to estimate, the number of players that are passionately opposed to the 12 hr significantly outweights the number of players passionately for it.  The number of players that probably do not care too much one way or the other is likely the "majority".

I say this again, calling people the "vocal minority" is just a catch phrase in an attempt to devalue their voice, nothing more, and is not based on any sort of fact.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »
There are 60 of ya, lol.  There is nothing in the game you can't break with 60 squad members and you all are nits 100%.  You guys should get the 4th country by yourself.

That being said, you're always a good place to get action that's for sure
Changeup you know for a fact we don't usually get out stuff together enough to actuall ytake a base,  just like to create a fight and it doesn't take 40,  if you see 5 guys beating on your base do you not up to defend? If nobody does then take the base and keep doing it until someone puts up a fight.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2014, 12:37:01 PM »
Just got done reading that whole thread. WOW.  :O  All of this really is just a rinse and repeat of things. Slightly different topic.. same ways of complaining.

We should start a pool on what the annual "mass" whine will be about each year. Can reference that thread from 5 years for the tactics used and the end of the game predictions.

Winner who correctly guesses what the big whine will be for the year gets the pool.  :aok    
Dude there is 3 years of this, which may be some felt the need to go to extremes. Not saying its right but its something to think about.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
Nice try at misdirection if air combat is not happening, then maybe you are just giving up to easy. I nearly always find a fight as I have said before.

We shouldn't have to invest hours of our time to try and create a fight. I've been there and did it before you even heard of Aces High.

The game is promoted as 24/24 action, and it is not.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2014, 12:38:14 PM »
Changeup you know for a fact we don't usually get out stuff together enough to actuall ytake a base,  just like to create a fight and it doesn't take 40,  if you see 5 guys beating on your base do you not up to defend? If nobody does then take the base and keep doing it until someone puts up a fight.

When Syko or Waystin are on, yes you guys do.  And, I don't blame you or them....it's a combat sim...I'm all for starting a fight and I've always liked the philosophy.  But the 12 hour rule doesn't affect you guys is mah point.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2014, 12:38:27 PM »
Just got done reading that whole thread. WOW.  :O  All of this really is just a rinse and repeat of things. Slightly different topic.. same ways of complaining.

Winner who correctly guesses what the big whine will be for the year gets the pool.  :aok   

Now that's the best idea to come out of this yet. hehe

Most of us oldtimers already know how these threads turn out so we ignore them, which is what I'm going to do now.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2014, 12:39:19 PM »
It's impossible to call it a "minority" without polling or some sort of measuring stick.  Vocal, yes, minority? Maybe, maybe not.  Heck, we tallied 40 votes in Revo's thread and it was only up for three and a half hours before Hitech locked it for some reason, so I doubt it.  If I had to estimate, the number of players that are passionately opposed to the 12 hr significantly outweights the number of players passionately for it.  The number of players that probably do not care too much one way or the other is likely the "majority".

I say this again, calling people the "vocal minority" is just a catch phrase in an attempt to devalue their voice, nothing more, and is not based on any sort of fact.
Then why is the variance in who is actually being vocal so low? Go back look at all the post threads its the same people who are not the majority of the game. As I said the majority on the forums possibly but not of the ah universe.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »
That being said, you're always a good place to get action that's for sure

Agreed

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Anyways have fun with your shrinking playerbase, please release the source code when the servers are closed so maybe someone does a better game with that great flight modeling.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2014, 12:42:27 PM »
We shouldn't have to invest hours of our time to try and create a fight. I've been there and did it before you even heard of Aces High.

The game is promoted as 24/24 action, and it is not.
So you want something like Warthunder with its arena type system? Yes in AH you are going to have to fly to a fight .
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2014, 12:43:28 PM »
Snip
Yeah that's an adult way of going about it.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »
The majority of the chatter about the 12 hour rule could have been cut off at the knees with a simple, "Hey dudes, we hear what you're saying.  We'll look into it for the next update" or something similar.  

They might be doing that already and want it to be a 'surprise'.  I recall when me and tuton posted about the achievements wish, and HiTech said it was already in the works when we wished for it.

Same thing might be going on here.

Patience  :cheers:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2014, 12:52:18 PM »
So you want something like Warthunder with its arena type system? Yes in AH you are going to have to fly to a fight .

what fight? now is my prime time and I don't see any. The euro game is dead and HTC doesn't give a damn, that's what their communication is telling me. So I'm taking my money to people that care.