Author Topic: Have you been practicing? Combat Challenge V Approaching!  (Read 1011 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Have you been practicing? Combat Challenge V Approaching!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 08:41:18 PM »
Starting at 4am GMT is a little bit of a slap in the face, just what I need to stay awake for it I hope.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »
Good concept, good idea.

Pretty fun.

I think the bases were too far apart, (I saw nothing red in the first 35mins, 10mins right over a spawn field too) 10 miles closer to the each other would be perfect.

There was a LA7 and Yak3 that definitely knew it was "combat" challenge.
Big <S> to them for fighting.

Worth seeing the sun rise for.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 07:41:06 AM »
Logs are up! <S> to all participants!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 08:37:46 AM »
I think the bases were too far apart, (I saw nothing red in the first 35mins, 10mins right over a spawn field too) 10 miles closer to the each other would be perfect.

Flight began at 21:59 and the first kill was recorded was 22:12:50, So there was action early within 15 minutes. I watched on Bish Radar, The Allies flew more or less directly to A56, while the Axis appeared to rally and I can only assume climb in between 137 and 56 to prepare for the fight. I'm assuming this had to to do with the Allied aircraft that excel at lower alts against the Axis aircraft that perform well up high.

I'm not here to dictate the fight beyond the choices of aircraft, everything else is up to the players.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 12:51:02 PM »

while the Axis appeared to rally and I can only assume climb in between 137 and 56 to prepare for the fight.

Correct.  Well a good part of the Axis did.  I rallied my 109's out of A137, with my 190's out of A56.  Calls for help from A56 were coming in just as we rallied, about 15 minutes into the flight.

Had a good time last night for sure.

The only thing I hated was getting vultched heading to the rearm pad!  :furious

Of course...now I know how all those guys in the MA feel when I do it to them.  And as always the only one to blame when you get vultched is your own drunken self.  :aok

Good fun, Nef!

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 07:26:18 PM »
Leaderboards with the exception of the K/D board has been updated. Congrats to all pilots!