Author Topic: Question from the crab  (Read 484 times)

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Question from the crab
« on: November 26, 2015, 10:16:30 AM »
I am looking to set the bitmap image for the clipboard map's map... So the question is how!  :old:
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Question from the crab
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:35:43 AM »
sorry Id didn't see that this would be an original map.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 03:25:13 PM »
Hi Krabby,

If for the Alpha TE, it's wonderfully simple. On the file menu, select Make Map and follow the prompts, then find the map.bmp in your project folder. Optionally modify it with your favorite graphics program, and drop it into the texsrc folder.

If it's for the current TE, the procedure is similar except that you must limit the bit depth to indexed (256) color.

If you want to contact me next week, we can make you into an expert on all this in about two hours.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »
Hi Krabby,

If for the Alpha TE, it's wonderfully simple. On the file menu, select Make Map and follow the prompts, then find the map.bmp in your project folder. Optionally modify it with your favorite graphics program, and drop it into the texsrc folder.

If it's for the current TE, the procedure is similar except that you must limit the bit depth to indexed (256) color.

If you want to contact me next week, we can make you into an expert on all this in about two hours.

See I was using my paint.net for my bitmap but it seems I have been getting corrupt files for ah... Oh well going to try a fresh install of paint.net or resort to trusty. ms paint
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 12:21:06 AM »
Not so fast my friend. There are different versions of Indexed bitmaps with different headers. If your mspaint doesn't work, you'll need a program like iView.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001