Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 11139 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2014, 05:06:42 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:24:19 AM by Skuzzy »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2014, 05:10:31 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:24:44 AM by Skuzzy »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »

I've been on the business end of this thing more than once. It's not pretty...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2014, 05:36:07 PM »
@Skuzzy

Have you ever thought about only allowing people to use their real name? I know of one service which does this. The people who post in their community forum are absolutely angelic. I'm sure it makes people think twice about being a troll when they can't hide behind a avatar/screen name.

They do this by using both the first and last name of the credit/debit card as players screen name.

edit: To be honest, you might even lose customers if you did this. I'm sure many of the AH community have done/said things they regret and don't have the gonads to face the harsh consequences that come with reality.

edit: spelling.
if you are talking about Iracing there is no shortage of Aholes there either i love racing and got the game because of it yet there is almost 0 help on that game or forum that is not out dated by a long shot and if you ask for help your told to go read and learn about a car setup im sorry but i aint shelling out $1000 for content to be treated like that i honestly dont think this would solve anything at all
G3-MF

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2014, 05:45:28 PM »
Fixed

:rofl

I believe I see it from their perspective, whether you agree with it or not is your decision and right.

:cheers:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »
:rofl

I believe I see it from their perspective, whether you agree with it or not is your decision and right.

:cheers:

See rule 15

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »
Posts of mine removed for fear of reprisals
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2014, 07:27:18 PM »
You're right about Runescape, it's a very popular game. But you're missing one thing. Runescape It's free 2 play. If you had to pay a monthly subscription to play Runescape, how many people do you think would play it then? How many people do you think would play it over other games which would essentially cost the same.

The people who I mention Aces High to are already sim enthusiasts. (like I said) It seems that they've tried almost every other simulation other than Aces High.

No doubt gameplay is king.

That's incorrect. Runescape is only partly free. Free members are limited to a smaller (i think) portion of the game map and limited in the items they can access in the game.  Last I heard the owner of the game is worth 100 million.

So you are saying the friends you suggested AH to are "flight sim" enthusiasts? If so, I find it hard to believe they so quickly dismissed the game, but if that is the case, their lack of interest could also be explained in another hardline Htc game philosophy..."this is not a simulator."

I get their objective of keeping it fun, but the game is far too generic and graphics will only go so far.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:26:28 AM by Skuzzy »
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2014, 07:53:23 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:26:42 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2014, 08:02:58 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:27:00 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2014, 08:03:49 PM »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2014, 08:04:40 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:27:20 AM by Skuzzy »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2014, 08:10:10 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:27:31 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2014, 08:27:37 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:27:41 AM by Skuzzy »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.