Author Topic: Kindergarten Lessons  (Read 20705 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Kindergarten Lessons
« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »
See rule 5
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:35:07 PM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2014, 08:32:04 PM »
 See rule 4
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:10:33 PM by hitech »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline TheForce

• Zinc Member
« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2014, 09:06:00 PM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:10:55 PM by hitech »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2014, 09:11:15 PM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:14:15 PM by hitech »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »
See rule 2
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:36:18 PM by hitech »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2014, 10:54:44 PM »
This is getting out of hand. There is no topic to discuss here. Either follow HTCs rules or run the risk of getting PNGed. Instead of all this nonsense this thread should have been locked after the first post and stickied.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2014, 02:18:17 AM »
Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2014, 07:35:03 AM »
i guess the point of this thread is how NOT to act on the BBS.... or get ruled or PNG'd. I agree with larry, this thread should be locked.

people are not smart enough to know when they are tap dancing in a minefield and the explosions are out of hand at this point. The good news is there wont be any mines left after this is all over...

the wreckage, on the other hand, could be quite severe....

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2014, 08:24:30 AM »
i guess the point of this thread is how NOT to act on the BBS.... or get ruled or PNG'd. I agree with larry, this thread should be locked.

people are not smart enough to know when they are tap dancing in a minefield and the explosions are out of hand at this point. The good news is there wont be any mines left after this is all over...

the wreckage, on the other hand, could be quite severe....

I would agree with you in the 12 hour rule, but not in this thread.  Please quote one part of a single post I made that broke a single rule of this BBS.  What, you aren't allowed to discuss the rules according to you?  If anything, you're the one violating rules IMO, by back seat moderating, but that isn't up to me, which is the entire point.  

The good news is there won't be any mines left - that's your contention?  Interesting. So according to you, if Skuzzy or Dale were to PNG people for merely discussing rules and their application, the discontent on the bbs would be forever quelled?  Excellent!  I'll gladly accept my first ever ban or PNG in 15 years of being here, if it would magically make the bbs a better world, and forever end the complaints threads.  That should work, fantastic plan.

As I have said, several times, the complaint threads and the fallout from them will NEVER end, which is why the way HTC deals with it is a critical issue.  Also, as I've said, I don't really have the answer, and believe that HTC's stated fact that they are often damned if they do, damned if the don't, is pretty much where this always ends up.  That doesn't mean that you can't talk about it civilly, particularly when HTC itself STARTS the thread, and doesn't just sticky it - obviously they were expecting some kind of response, and they got it, and other than at the beginning of this thread as HT mentioned, until this last page of jpegs and emoticons being erased, nothing got zapped, not one post of mine, nor any that responded to me.  Considering the number of people who were of similar opinion to mine, I could write a list of over 40 who either posted in another private forum agreeing with what I wrote in this thread,  or sent me PMs with their similar opinions, it wasn't just one or two people involved.  Just having their opinions voiced did a great deal to settle things down, and I said often and loudly that I was sticking around despite having friends PNG'd, disagreeing with some of that, yet still encouraged others to follow suit, and stay.  I can prove that by cutting and pasting dozens of posts and PMs if you want.  Many others posted opinions, both for, against, and in the middle of the issue - a large majority you can still read in this thread.  Again, I ask, what exactly is wrong with that?

I do know one thing - I've not prefaced any points by claiming those that disagree with the position dozens of us have aren't "smart enough" to get it.  Personal attacks = weakness, not to mention against the rules.  

I find it funny, and very telling that USVI slipped that post in between the other two. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:33:10 AM by Gman »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »
Gman. Where in my post or jaegers did we say anything about you?  I think you should get over yourself sir. This thread was DOA.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
So, you were referring to everyone else but me?  Broad statements like "all of this nonsense", and "people" aren't smart enough - who exactly was that about then, and why does that not include me, since I dropped more posts than anyone else in here, by far.

So far as getting over myself - I've always believed that people can make up their own minds.  Shutting them down because in your opinion things have "gone long enough" or what they're saying is "nonsense" - who put you in charge again?  Both of you are the ones that dragged this off topic by offering opinions other than what was being discussed, yet you recommend that those discussing the issue should be the ones silenced.  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:24:10 AM by Gman »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »
What topic? There is no topic. Either follow the rules that HTC has put into place or not and suffer the consequences. It's as simple as that. That's all I have to say I'm not going to get into a passing match with you. Have a good day sir.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2014, 09:42:53 AM »
Larry's avatar turn me on.

:noid
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2014, 09:48:50 AM »
I'll respond to that, as I don't see the problem with back and forth, that's the nature of debate, you and I aren't breaking any rules while doing so.

Insert Quote
What topic? There is no topic. Either follow the rules that HTC has put into place or not and suffer the consequences. It's as simple as that.

It isn't as simple as that, again, one of the larger issues and points.  I can snap my fingers and list hundreds of people, many of whom  aren't here anymore, but met here, and post regularly elsewhere, who disagree with that statement.  There are many here still disagree as well.  The rules, and especially their interpretation and application, will always, always be an issue.  It's not going to go away.  If it was going to, it would have long ago.  Specifically discussing this in the place where it all exists - I again ask, what's the problem with that?  What you're saying essentially is asking for explanations, clarifications, and then questioning those things, shouldn't be happening?

Larry's avatar turn me on.

Heh, again, another oddity of Murphy's law, that's an RCMP jpeg - My father was an RCMP officer for 35 years, and helped found my nations first national hostage rescue and special operations unit that started with the RCMP, and became our JTF2 when it was taken over from the RCMP by the military.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:50:36 AM by Gman »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2014, 09:56:17 AM »
Gman,larry, drop it, you have both made personal attacks in your post.

HiTech