Author Topic: Kindergarten Lessons  (Read 19551 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Kindergarten Lessons
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2014, 09:42:34 AM »
From what I see many of the veterans to this game have posted well thought out suggestions to improve the game. It seems in some areas we are driven by the whiners, while great ideas are ignored. End result, we are losing great sticks and find the fighting is limited and the 'vulch, ho, run' style is much more common.

Some of the in-game rules and structures could be improved. I know AH is working on eye-candy, which is great, though the core supporters of this game are far less eye-candy, for more environment. In fact, most of the core dial back the eye-candy to limit lag to ensure peak performance in ACM.

It could be said that it is how they voiced their suggestions and request. Not enough 'mother may I,' far too much Rule #4 or #14. Fair enough though even the 'mother may I's' don't seem to get a response.

Please address this concern

What does this in any way have to do with this topic of bbs behavior?

A few more posts in here along with this one , I should delete for a rule #2. This post is an attempt at saying in a way that is not rude "HTC does not listen to the ideas I like because of course the ideas I like are well thought out, and they also suck because they moderate to many posts" .

This post would be fine if you simply started a topic about it, but it has a net effect of derailing a thread, and will / would start going down hill rapidly.

Please keep posts on topic.

HiTech

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »
From what I see many of the veterans to this game have posted well thought out suggestions to improve the game. It seems in some areas we are driven by the whiners, while great ideas are ignored. End result, we are losing great sticks and find the fighting is limited and the 'vulch, ho, run' style is much more common.

Some of the in-game rules and structures could be improved. I know AH is working on eye-candy, which is great, though the core supporters of this game are far less eye-candy, for more environment. In fact, most of the core dial back the eye-candy to limit lag to ensure peak performance in ACM.

It could be said that it is how they voiced their suggestions and request. Not enough 'mother may I,' far too much Rule #4 or #14. Fair enough though even the 'mother may I's' don't seem to get a response.

Please address this concern

You mean a small group of vets who decided they could berate the developers and anyone else who did not agree with them. Honestly, the game environment is forged more by those same players' in game actions and the rest of the older players setting the example of the right way to be men and have fun too than things programmed into the game play mechanics. There are many little things I would like to see different in the game, but when I look at them closer, they are more about making me happier and not making the community at large better. All the play my-way-type requests are not going to be acted on and to demand the company answer them on the BBS when it is not even necessary they take part on the BBS as a rule, people should take a giant chill pill. Board terrorism ain't the way to go. Name calling and temper tantrums aren't the way to go. They are supposed to be grown men, and yet they act like they were never taught the concept of sportsmanship, much less common courtesy. Honestly, I quit playing organized sports over a decade ago because the trash talking took over the game. It spoils a lot of other games I would usually like to go see live when certain players run their mouths before the game even starts and are still running them after it ends. I hate it, it is such juvenile behavior and it has no place except between friends who know the difference when the other guy is playing and not, I honestly can not tell when many try to do it in game. There is absolutely nothing cute or even suggestive that they do not mean the mean things they spew, there and here. I really hate it when people try to justify it with lame excuses. There is no justifying it, it is not justifiable. When players and posters in here scoff at the idea of respect, you know you are dealing with someone who has no redeeming qualities in the end, because respect is the cornerstone of so much and without it their actions and how they think they can treat people is so degraded it is almost criminal. Maybe people are developing into online sociopaths with zero ability to act rational and are devoid of remorse. These guys at HTC are more than reasonable men. If I were running it I would have taken a much different tact, so their restraint has always impressed me. It is sad the rest of that clique are determined not to see the truth of the matter, that when people act out of order, there should and will be consequences. Nobody is owed anything outside of the ability to log in and play the game, that is the only thing their subscription buys them, everything else about the BBS is gravy. If their answers are not forthcoming or to their liking they should suck it up like grownups do and carry on.

:salute
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:21:24 AM by hitech »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2014, 10:55:29 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:21:34 AM by hitech »
-AoM-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:37:44 AM by hitech »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »
You mean a small group of vets .....

And not so vets.  ;)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:01 PM »
I think the point is we need civility around here.  There are too many smartguy comments that wreck the signal to noise ratio.   Time spent policing the boards is better spent developing the game.  If everyone, myself included, could try exercising a little restraint I think it would help everything.

YMMV.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2014, 12:14:15 PM »
Time spent policing the boards is better spent developing the game.  

AcesHigh has Moderators ingame, why not player Moderators on the boards?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2014, 12:21:12 PM »
   Halo46 I agree with and can hear his frustration.

Any game is designed with rules to make it fair for everyone playing. Is there not a wishlist forum to address changes a player would like? There are plenty of requests that HTC has looked at that don't make sense to furthering HTC's vision of the Aces High cyberworld. They have made the sandbox, it was waiting for me when I joined up all I had to do was start flying and contribute to the fun of the others in the sandbox. When some kindergarten kid wants to act out and throw sand the teacher has to act and try to explain the rules of decency but it is tough with some kids.

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2014, 12:21:52 PM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:32:06 PM by Skuzzy »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »
AcesHigh has Moderators ingame, why not player Moderators on the boards?

The board had moderators years ago (old timers may remember Oclub moderators mp1, mp2, mp3 and so on) and, according to Skuzzy, it did not work out.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2014, 12:28:09 PM »
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:35:07 PM by Skuzzy »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »
Interesting
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2014, 12:36:10 PM »
Let's drop it now guys.   We all understand the point.  Move along.

/thread
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2014, 12:40:11 PM »

The board had moderators years ago (old timers may remember Oclub moderators mp1, mp2, mp3 and so on) and, according to Skuzzy, it did not work out.
MP1 MP2.  :confused:  no no no has to go with their names to work. Anonymity extending that far cant work.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho