Author Topic: Update  (Read 3416 times)

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
Re: Update
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 11:37:57 AM »
Thanks a lot HTC.. Always glad to hear what is happening.   Keep up the great work.  You are doing something the rest of us wet dream about so keep up the awesomeness. :salute
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 12:08:34 PM »
Saying I cut and pasted and cleaned more code 3 weeks straight really is pretty boring.

HiTech

Not to you :lol  Geek..
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
Code wise I have been doing clean up work so that the new lo level engine is solid for the future, this can include days of doing nothing but cut & replace along with changing a few parameters to a function call along with ripping out un used stuff.

I did this for 2 years in a cubical for a company that made parts for trailers and manufactured homes. 9 hours a day 5 days a week and 5 hours on saturday while make $14 an hour. Call it data entry, I never been so miserable in my life.
On the bright side I got hired because someone couldn't do basic math, I had to go through 94,000 products and then each work order to correct/find out what exactly went wrong on why the company was not making a profit.
After 2 years the company went from making barely $100,000 a year to over $1 million a month from the changes made to the orders - and I learned a valuable lesson about corporate life because after 2 years I still made $14 an hour.

10,000 bolts were ordered to be made, problem was someone was charging 1 cent per bolt when it costed 10 cents to make (parts + labor). this is what I had to cut and paste all day long on every part to correct the numerical digits.

JG 52

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »
Ya know, most of us would buy you a bottle of scotch if you had a blog or something where you posted daily or weekly updates on the improvements you do to the new terrain - or even regular stuff.   I mean, we're curious at to what enhancements and bug fixes you're working on - not because we want to have input, but it lets us know the direction of where we are going. 

You know, stuff like "Worked on the new main menu interface (screen below) and added some new features to the graphic details section."

But not ... "I went and laid some serious log - ugh. Gut still hurts after Roy's BBQ. We all ate and drank too much last night.  Got to laugh though, Roy's been running to the bathroom all morning... and I've put air freshener on our shopping list for the toilet.. "

:)

the more time he spends in here-and posting updates the less time working on the game.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline -pjk--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »
I have noticed HT has  used lot more time to edit posts in this topics (others too) than it takes to write short update news. I see Lot of: see rule xxx...

Any update news is better than no news... Even short ones.
Ääliö älä lyö ööliä läikkyy!!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »
the more time he spends in here-and posting updates the less time working on the game.

A 21 year old Glenlivet scotch bottle might speed things up.
JG 52

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2014, 01:08:42 PM »
I was at HTC's office last December -  there are more than a few bottles of fine Scotch sitting on a shelf there; keep someone drunk for weeks if that was the intent.  Didn't see any Cuban cigars though :aok

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »
Ya know, most of us would buy you a bottle of scotch if you had a blog or something where you posted daily or weekly updates.

You know, stuff like:

"I went and laid some serious log - ugh. Gut still hurts after Roy's BBQ. We all ate and drank too much last night.  Got to laugh though, Roy's been running to the bathroom all morning... and I've put air freshener on our shopping list for the toilet.. "

The next day's entry:

"Upgraded the upstairs bathroom fan to a higher cfm unit. I chased Roy out of there twice yesterday because he was peeling the wallpaper. Remind me never to make him brisket again. Meanwhile, I've ordered a memorial plaque that will read 'the Neese memorial fan... Few needed it more...' I wish they'd just use the bathroom at their end of the office but, based on the tonnage and quality they're dropping on this side, I guess I can see why they do the s*** and split."

Actually, that kind of an entry would probably be more funny, if not more informative, than "slogged through coding issues 1-n today. Otoh, meaningful milestone attainment would be cool to read.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2014, 03:35:50 PM »
I was at HTC's office last December -  there are more than a few bottles of fine Scotch sitting on a shelf there; keep someone drunk for weeks if that was the intent.  Didn't see any Cuban cigars though :aok

Does HTC share to a paying subscriber? :)
JG 52

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 06:19:18 AM »
Good question.   There's a damn good reason to go visit HTC right there!   

And I can think of 2 others as well....

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
oh sure, get dale drunk and stupid and then he wont get anything done!!   :rofl

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
I am more productive that way.  It quiets the voices inside my head.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »
I was going to bring some Cuban cigars with me when we flew to the States but my wife said I was stupid to try it.  She thinks customs would have certainly searched my bags and found them.  I listened to her (this time) :lol

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2014, 01:55:38 PM »
I was going to bring some Cuban cigars with me when we flew to the States but my wife said I was stupid to try it.  She thinks customs would have certainly searched my bags and found them.  I listened to her (this time) :lol

The Trade embargo is relaxed, there are some things you CAN bring from Cuba back to the states, you can even visit Cuba from Florida without a problem - however Cigars are STILL banned even if you bought them from....Canada and try to join USA, if it stays "made in Cuba" and a cigar, you lose em.

/trust me I know, I live in Port of Tampa where cuban cigars enter the country like cocaine, OH OH SO GOOD
JG 52

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 03:27:40 PM »
i like smokin pipes and cigars--always wanted to try cuban cigars :aok
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.