Author Topic: C.G. and Speration point  (Read 1100 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: C.G. and Speration point
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 11:18:31 PM »
Depends on the temperature.  

JG, I've see the mud on the back of your neck.  :D

And, actually, I think gas will vary from about .72-.75 specific weight. Part of that variation has got to do with blend variation.

You point out an interesting thing, also, that is frequently overlooking: liquids, while still "incompressible", generally still have thermal expansion coeffs.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 02:56:37 PM »
And, actually, I think gas will vary from about .72-.75 specific weight. Part of that variation has got to do with blend variation.

You point out an interesting thing, also, that is frequently overlooking: liquids, while still "incompressible", generally still have thermal expansion coeffs.
:airplane: If you know the specific gravity (relative density) of a liquid, such as gasoline, you can determine the weight per gallon by multiplying the specific gravity by 8.34 lb/gal (the weight of pure water).  Gasoline has a specific gravity of 0.71 - 0.77. Multiplying those numbers by 8.34 lb/gal and you come up with a range of 5.921 lb/gal - 6.422 lb/gal.
For purposes of weight and balance computations, I have always used 6 and 1/2 pounds per galleon, even though if you do the math, it is usually 6.15 pounds per gal. Gave us a "fudge" factor on reserves.

Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »
Depends on the temperature.  

JG, I've see the mud on the back of your neck.  :D

This is why all gas pumps state the volume@ a temp!     Always buy gas during the coolest part of the day!

:salute