Author Topic: My latest build  (Read 428 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
My latest build
« on: May 14, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »
This will be my 3rd PC I have built and by far the most expensive.

Cooler Master HAF 912 - High Air Flow Mid Tower Computer Case

MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Extreme OC High Performance Triple CFX/ SLI Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan

ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C9D-8GTXD

SeaSonic S12G-750 750W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Active PFC Power Supply, Intel Haswell Ready

Crucial M500 240GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT240M500SSD1

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224DB/BEBE

Windows 7 Professional  64-bit

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
Re: My latest build
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 07:54:26 PM »
Nice build! Just make sure you back up your crucial drive often. I had one fail on me after 2 years and the replacement they sent me has over 10k bad sectors right out of the box. It isn't worth my time to send the replacement back again. I just bought a samsung SSD and I couldn't be happier (I already have a samsung ssd in my laptop that has been flawless going on three years now so I have no reason to believe the one in my desktop will be any different).

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 06:24:37 AM »
Nice build! Just make sure you back up your crucial drive often. I had one fail on me after 2 years and the replacement they sent me has over 10k bad sectors right out of the box. It isn't worth my time to send the replacement back again. I just bought a samsung SSD and I couldn't be happier (I already have a samsung ssd in my laptop that has been flawless going on three years now so I have no reason to believe the one in my desktop will be any different).

The statement of "Their are Lemons in everything" is correct...... regardless of the Brand/Manufacturer....

but out of the 4  Crucial m4 series 128 GB SSD drives I bought back in 2011, the only trouble I have experienced was a firmware update....... I actually thought my SSD was going bad, myself.... but once I flashed the firmware, everything has been fine.....

on my backup computer, I have not flashed the firmware.......... I am waiting to see it hit the 5,000 hours of use mark, to see if it does the exact same problem of freezing up / locking up the computer ( OS ) after 45 minutes to 1 hour runtime from boot up......

both computers have Aces High installed on the SSD, I film damn near every single flight, yet when running diagnostics with Adia64 extreme, each SSD in each computer shows them working at optimal performance .....

I guess you must of got a lemon there, Silver.....

btw -  I got most everything back after months of arguing with her...... shoot me a PM to see if you still need/want that stuff............

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:18:16 AM »
I don't consider the first drive a lemon, it worked perfectly for 2 years before it failed. The second drive I consider a lemon since it is failing from the start. I don't even use the second drive now. I use it for my linux boot drive but I haven't booted into linux in months. I will shoot you a pm shortly. :aok