Author Topic: Target Priorty  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
Target Priorty
« on: May 16, 2014, 12:41:05 PM »
What do you folks consider to be the top 3 priory targets on an enemy airfield? The same question for a vehicle base?
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
Re: Target Priorty
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 01:11:45 PM »
1)VH

2)Radar

3)FH

Just my opinion. :rock

What do you folks consider to be the top 3 priory targets on an enemy airfield? The same question for a vehicle base?

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:36:31 PM »

Depends totally on the situation. Is it a base capture in progress? If so, how important is the base for your operations after capture and how storn is the opposition? Or are you just porking the base to hamper the enemy's offensive operations?  ;)

There only thing being valid in all cases: Shooting fuel tanks is about pointless (except for achievements or some kinds of score).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 01:39:12 PM »

That depends on your goals. The ordnance bunker and vehicle hangers are good targets for slowing an advance or capturing fields. Knocking out radar is always good.

Here's an AH film of a P-51 hitting a VH with rockets and bombs. After you download it you need to open it in the AH film viewer.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share?s=KO6RB03uQiEjujUMid_4gk

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 02:06:02 PM »
That depends on your goals. The ordnance bunker and vehicle hangers are good targets for slowing an advance or capturing fields. Knocking out radar is always good.

Here's an AH film of a P-51 hitting a VH with rockets and bombs. After you download it you need to open it in the AH film viewer.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share?s=KO6RB03uQiEjujUMid_4gk

Thanks FLS. Where can download the AH film viewer?
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 02:07:20 PM »
Thanks FLS. Where can download the AH film viewer?

It's part of your AH installation already.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 02:09:24 PM »
The film viewer is included in the program. It should be in your start menu folder. It uses the game engine so it can't run while the game runs. Films you make are stored in the films folder in your Aces High directory. You can associate .ahf file types with the film viewer so it opens them automatically.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 02:16:02 PM »
Always different.  Usually vh,ack and dar on airfields if you have some guys to cap.  Ords matter at all nearby fields if you need your cv as part of the take.  Often overlooked is the vh or barracks (supplies) at any base that can spawn supplies in and mess up your plans at town.

For vehicle fields, scorched earth is usually the best method.
AMAX  in game

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 03:06:40 PM »
The film viewer is included in the program. It should be in your start menu folder. It uses the game engine so it can't run while the game runs. Films you make are stored in the films folder in your Aces High directory. You can associate .ahf file types with the film viewer so it opens them automatically.

Got it, but when I try to play it I get the message "the terrain sfma could not be loaded. So, all I can see is the P51 Cockpit.
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 03:09:51 PM »
To capture an airfield, the town is the key.  If it's very close to the field, the town will have AirField guns that can reach it and add to the guns already in town.  The way the 125th does it is to send in bombers to level hangers and town buildings, a couple heavy fighters to de-ck the town, couple fighters in case there are enemy aircraft in the area, and a goon to drop troops once town is flat.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 03:21:16 PM »
Got it, but when I try to play it I get the message "the terrain sfma could not be loaded. So, all I can see is the P51 Cockpit.

sfma is another terrain that you don't have, thats why it can't display it. Go here

http://downloads1.hitechcreations.com/terrains/AHSFMA.EXE

to download it and be sure it drops the files in the ahiiterr folder. Mine is located as below.

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\ahiiterr

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »
sfma is another terrain that you don't have, thats why it can't display it. Go here

http://downloads1.hitechcreations.com/terrains/AHSFMA.EXE

to download it and be sure it drops the files in the ahiiterr folder. Mine is located as below.

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\ahiiterr

Got it but it still gives me that same message.  Is there an executable in the folder some place that I need to run.  The is something called AHSFMA that I tried to run but it tells me it wants to install AH again????
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 03:36:47 PM »
Got it but it still gives me that same message.  Is there an executable in the folder some place that I need to run.  The is something called AHSFMA that I tried to run but it tells me it wants to install AH again????

Yes, after you download the file, double click it and run the installer. It's not loading the game, but the terrain. After it runs check the ahiiterr folder in your game folder and it should have added two files, sfma.res, and sfma.fla

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 03:37:54 PM »
  The is something called AHSFMA that I tried to run but it tells me it wants to install AH again????

It wants to install the sfma terrain, not the game.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 04:23:56 PM »
Sorry Raven.  I neglected to mention the game needs the terrain used in the film to display it in the film viewer.