Author Topic: Inactive players should be auto disconnected  (Read 5976 times)

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
Inactive players should be auto disconnected
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:21:14 AM »
Spent a lot of the day fighting with an ENY of between 5 and 27 because some of our rook friends have decided to not log off.

I would love to see a rule where if you are inactive for more than an hour then you are automatically disconnected.

You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Inactive players should be auto disconnected
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:07:29 AM »
I'd get booted all the time.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 05:29:31 AM »
I shoulda put this in the wish list forum .. :P
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 07:04:01 AM »
Only players in flight should count toward ENY...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 07:25:02 AM »

Which could eman that mass horde missions could easily get around ENY restirictions. Everybody lands and get to tower, ENY drops by a huge amount, then the mission auto launches.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 07:41:20 AM »
If they all would like to wait in the tower for 10-15-30 min for the ENY to update... It doesn't have to be instant. Only to filter out the players who are inactive for a long time.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline cheeky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 08:32:22 AM »
Agreed.  :aok

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 09:24:19 AM »
ENY just needs to go. It is silly and does not accomplish its stated goal. Because of this particular incident (and this happens it seems most weekends that I get to fly recently) the bishops were really pounding the rooks while the rooks had a eny between 11 and 17. It frustrates me and is one of the main reasons I log off and go do something else. The more I do that the more I think about spending my 15 dollars a month (180 a year) on something else because I am not using it as much as I would otherwise.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 09:28:56 AM »
ENY just needs to go. It is silly and does not accomplish its stated goal. Because of this particular incident (and this happens it seems most weekends that I get to fly recently) the bishops were really pounding the rooks while the rooks had a eny between 11 and 17. It frustrates me and is one of the main reasons I log off and go do something else. The more I do that the more I think about spending my 15 dollars a month (180 a year) on something else because I am not using it as much as I would otherwise.

Well said .. <S>

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 09:43:20 AM »
  Then don't fly super-late war uber rides  :D try the D11, 109G-14,109G-6,109G2... And if you want to fly a pony, fly the B, it's faster and turns better as well. I don't care about ENY unless it gets over 20, since I fly MW and EW rides mostly.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
My understanding of the ENY system is that it's purpose is to get people to change countries, other than the 12 hour rule, what would be another way to encourage side balancing?
Pies not kicks.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »
  Then don't fly super-late war uber rides  :D try the D11, 109G-14,109G-6,109G2... And if you want to fly a pony, fly the B, it's faster and turns better as well. I don't care about ENY unless it gets over 20, since I fly MW and EW rides mostly.

For $15 a month you should be allowed to fly whatever the hell you choose to fly, I also don't care what the ENY is, and I enjoy earlier aircraft. This however, does not detract from the fact that I feel that you should not be limited on aircraft choice because of player numbers.

AH is a relatively premium rate MMO, in other you have to pay money in order to access better performing aircraft, whereas in here you pay in advance for that privilege, which should not be withdrawn because there are more guys on your side.

What if the side with the fewest numbers has Bruv, Grizz, Redbull, Batfink, Shawk etc, and the side with the numbers advantage has a plethora of 2 week newbs? How does ENY help then?
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »
My understanding of the ENY system is that it's purpose is to get people to change countries

In the words of Skuzzy it is a "nudge"  :D

But it's not the main purpose (which would also be impossible because of the time restriction). It's first and foremost simply meant as a handicap for the side with numbers.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »
What arena and what time is that pic from?  I am against an auto disconnect, but am open to the fact that some folks fly at different times and different arenas.  Just a curiosity...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
What arena and what time is that pic from? 

Late war. Seems early euro morning or euro afternoon = us late night or morning