Author Topic: Ki-84  (Read 2452 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Ki-84
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 10:25:30 AM »
Ki84 look funny when it lose the elevators at high speed.

The 4*20mm would be a nice perked option.

:lol  Do this and it would be the best ride in the game. As it is now the Hayate is easily in the top 5, maybe the top 3 most capable. The hi speed handling issue is a "NON ISSUE" for a plane that can equalize E so efficiently and quickly.

It is possibly #1 in rides when facing multiple or "horde" threats.

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 01:32:24 PM »

:lol  Do this and it would be the best ride in the game. As it is now the Hayate is easily in the top 5, maybe the top 3 most capable. The hi speed handling issue is a "NON ISSUE" for a plane that can equalize E so efficiently and quickly.

It is possibly #1 in rides when facing multiple or "horde" threats.
JUGgler

I always admired the Hayate, I usually flew 2-3 main rides per tour, the Ki-84 was always one of them, whether I was in the c.205 or P-38 the Ki-84 was my "Go to" ride.

JG 52

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 03:58:31 PM »
The Ki-84 was my trainer ride.  It is already very capable and doesn't need any more cannons.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 10:40:56 PM »
The Ki-84 was my trainer ride.  It is already very capable and doesn't need any more cannons.

bad news for you, the Ki-84c flew in combat strength with 4x 20mms.
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 11:05:42 PM »
b, not c.  c would have had two 20mm and two 30mm cannons, but that one never saw combat.  Seems to have never seen testing with two 30mm cannons even.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2014, 05:10:53 AM »

How is that bad news for me?  :rolleyes:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 07:23:51 AM »
The Ki-84 is OP and should be nerfed.

The wep is OP.
I may be wrong but i thought Hitech said that planes would not be changed without evidence that says it is wrong
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 08:41:46 AM »
b, not c.  c would have had two 20mm and two 30mm cannons, but that one never saw combat.  Seems to have never seen testing with two 30mm cannons even.

I always thought it was the C, i get those mixed up, there was a prototype built, problem was the 30mms were not developed so it eventually converted back to 4x 20mms for homeland defense.

ironically there is a photo out there that shows a destroyed japanese airfield with the C model in the background, far as I know it was never flown in combat.
JG 52

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 09:06:34 AM »
While I do like the Ki-84 and don't think anything is wrong with it, although it can take a beating.  I think that the 4x20mm would, obviously, be perked.  As for the price, I would say between 40-75 perks. I'd think that as fair. Considering the tempest has 4 20mm and packs a punch, but isn't on the 'same level' as the ki84 for dogfighting.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2014, 09:13:28 AM »
While I do like the Ki-84 and don't think anything is wrong with it, although it can take a beating.  I think that the 4x20mm would, obviously, be perked.  As for the price, I would say between 40-75 perks. I'd think that as fair. Considering the tempest has 4 20mm and packs a punch, but isn't on the 'same level' as the ki84 for dogfighting.

Tempest can escape, Ki-84 cannot from many free aircraft.  The inability to escape is what made the Spit XIV such a poor perk plane.

I have no objection to the Ki-84-Ib being perked, but it ought to be in the 2 to 5 perk point range.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2014, 09:22:44 AM »
Tempest can escape, Ki-84 cannot from many free aircraft.  The inability to escape is what made the Spit XIV such a poor perk plane.

I have no objection to the Ki-84-Ib being perked, but it ought to be in the 2 to 5 perk point range.

*shrug*

I guess I'm not really qualified to speak on matters such as these really, having been out of the game for nearly 7 months now.  :salute

:airplane:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »

Shouldnt be perked no more then the C-Hog.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »
Shouldnt be perked no more then the C-Hog.

A Ki-84 is the better of a C/D Hog is most respects related to dogfighting. If anything, a 4-cannon should have a higher perk price.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2014, 02:49:24 PM »
The Ki84 is a Spit16 with a Japanese logo.  Anyone who says otherwise is either deluding themselves or being intentionally dishonest. 

One could argue the Ki84 is a better plane in many respects.  Consider the following: 

- Ki84 guns are less accurate but have more ammo. 
- Ki84 is far better than the Spit16 in the durability department
- Both have similar handling characteristics.  Turn and roll rate slightly favors the Spitteen but its slight. 
- Speed is almost identical between the two below 10K (i.e. where most MA fights take place).
- The Spittteen climbs better, but it's not like the Ki84 is a P39 in that department.

Thus why I chuckle when I hear Ki84 regulars rip pilots who fly the Spitteen.  Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas.

So why would we want a plane like this to have four 20mm cannons instead of two?  So the chest-pounders can have yet another ride to fly regularly, reap kills on baby seals and feel fantastic about themselves? 

Sorry.  But there are far more interesting planes out there I'd personally rather HTC spend time modeling than working on "supercharging" an already dominant plane.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.