Author Topic: "Grayed" Out Friendly  (Read 690 times)

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
"Grayed" Out Friendly
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »
When you see a friendly (same country) aircraft and its' grayed out, instead of green, what is that telling me?
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: "Grayed" Out Friendly
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 10:57:37 AM »
Probably someone on the same channel as you, in the same mission, or a squadmate. These things will change the color so it's easier to differentiate friendlies from squaddies or people in your mission.

On you clipboard go to options>preferences>GUI and you can change the colors of everything.  :)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:14:41 AM »
It sounds like you're running the game through an Intel video chip. They don't do well in AH.

In case your computer is a laptop with two video cards, an Intel for general use and an AMD or GeForce for gaming, the gaming card doesn't activate in which case you should check the video settings. They've been prone to change after some Windows updates.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »
Well it just started doing it about 30 min ago.  I will reboot and see what happens.

Thanks
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 12:11:35 PM »
Grey icons generally mean your system is struggling. Check Waffle's Video settings tips at the top of the tech support forum. Use CTRL-I  to turn on your frame rate display. Start with his minimum settings and check your frame rate. Look for settings that drop your frame rate and try to keep it over 30. 60 is better.

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »
Grey icons generally mean your system is struggling. Check Waffle's Video settings tips at the top of the tech support forum. Use CTRL-I  to turn on your frame rate display. Start with his minimum settings and check your frame rate. Look for settings that drop your frame rate and try to keep it over 30. 60 is better.

Thanks. Frame rate seems ok 59. If it continues I will work my way thru some of the other video settings.
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 03:08:04 PM »
If you post the first third of your dxdiag we can tell you if it is your computer or a game setting.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 03:28:25 PM »
Thanks. Frame rate seems ok 59. If it continues I will work my way thru some of the other video settings.

If it just happens occasionally I'd ignore it. Depending on the terrain map and the number of aircraft nearby you may see your frame rate drop sometimes but 59 is good. You are probably synched to your monitor refresh rate which is a good thing.

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 03:34:43 PM »
If it just happens occasionally I'd ignore it. Depending on the terrain map and the number of aircraft nearby you may see your frame rate drop sometimes but 59 is good. You are probably synched to your monitor refresh rate which is a good thing.

It seems to be distance related. Long range is gray. Inside of 3k or so its ok.  I will do the dxdig thing tonight. BTW it just started with the new terrain maps.
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 03:40:13 PM »
If you post the first third of your dxdiag we can tell you if it is your computer or a game setting.

I'm not sure what you mean by the first 3rd of the dxdiag. But, no problems were found with the card.
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »
He means if you save the dxdiag test as a text file you can post it or email it to Skuzzy support@hitechcreations.com .
You don't need the whole thing so to save space you only need about the top third of the report.

If your default texture size is 512 and you continue to see grey icons try setting texture size to 256. If it's 1024 try 512.
It's possible that settings that are ok offline or in the TA may be too high in the main arenas where there is more to process.

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
He means if you save the dxdiag test as a text file you can post it or email it to Skuzzy support@hitechcreations.com .
You don't need the whole thing so to save space you only need about the top third of the report.

If your default texture size is 512 and you continue to see grey icons try setting texture size to 256. If it's 1024 try 512.
It's possible that settings that are ok offline or in the TA may be too high in the main arenas where there is more to process.

Went to 512. Not any change.  Will try 256 tomorrow and grab the info from dxdiag.

As always,  Thanks!!! Time for a cocktail with my honey (wife) :salute
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 07:29:20 AM »
I'm going to continue this over in the Tec Support forum and post the dxdiag stuff there.
Fortitudo et Decus