Author Topic: (Non-political) Vietnam War Stats  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: (Non-political) Vietnam War Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 06:06:50 PM »
God Bless West Virginia.

Montani Semper Liberi
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 06:20:23 PM »
    I started this thread because I wanted to share these stats with everyone that's my age & younger who wasn't alive at the time.  No more arguing please.  I'd like to keep this civil and open, because this is something that peeps my age & younger weren't around for.  I've fought and bled in two wars and lost many friends, but for the U.S. to lose 58,000 soldiers in a war is something so alien to me.  I just can't imagine what it was like during WW1, WW2, Korea & VietNam to see body counts this huge.  Nowadays, losing 10 soldiers in one day is a huge amount.  That is nothing in the former wars.  We would lose that many in seconds in the previous wars.  I just can't wrap my head around that even though I knew it happened.  It's just crazy.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 06:34:22 PM »
   I started this thread because I wanted to share these stats with everyone that's my age & younger who wasn't alive at the time.  No more arguing please.  I'd like to keep this civil and open, because this is something that peeps my age & younger weren't around for.  I've fought and bled in two wars and lost many friends, but for the U.S. to lose 58,000 soldiers in a war is something so alien to me.  I just can't imagine what it was like during WW1, WW2, Korea & VietNam to see body counts this huge.  Nowadays, losing 10 soldiers in one day is a huge amount.  That is nothing in the former wars.  We would lose that many in seconds in the previous wars.  I just can't wrap my head around that even though I knew it happened.  It's just crazy.

I would just like to point out, that if the stats for one side is important to learn then the stats from the other-side and civilians should also be just as important. no?

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 07:05:39 PM »
Sure they are.  I fought and killed a lot of hajjis in two different wars, but that doesn't mean I didn't have respect for them.  They were very good guerrilla fighters and showed just as much bravery in firefights as my soldiers did.  Iraq was a weird one because the enemy were civilians, mixed with some soldiers from the old Iraqi army.  I've never been in a gun fight with an enemy in a uniform now that I think about it.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 03:26:42 PM »
This is simply not going to end well. regardless of the intent.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com