Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 22038 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2014, 04:34:16 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if this game wouldn't actually be better if 9/10ths of this damn bbs did not exsist

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #421 on: June 08, 2014, 04:36:18 PM »
Why not be adult enough to let your own flying/game playin abilities, wingman skills in the appropriate arenas or events, your bfm/acm SKILLZ!... Be enough and leave any type of chest thumping and smack talkin to those with the ego chips on their shoulders to eventually figure out what its really all about?

TC

Actually TC I completely agree with you. I'm not invalidating anyone's victory. I have an honest concern I'd like to explore. Perhaps a new post in General Discussion is in order.... This thread is very long.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #422 on: June 08, 2014, 04:37:09 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if this game wouldn't actually be better if 9/10ths of this damn bbs did not exsist

TC

I agree with that as well.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #423 on: June 08, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »
Fulcrum,

I was posting in general... Of my own personal thoughts and view of the game and the ah bbs

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #424 on: June 08, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »
At least we don't have people jamming their hands up our backsides, muppet boy.    Talk about crazy. 
:lol
I'm not AoM
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #425 on: June 08, 2014, 05:08:25 PM »
The fight is entertaining, not the counting.

Do people not know what a Summer is?

I spent all school year STUDYING and doing PT and drilling and swimming. I have a Summer Seminar in July, don't worry I won't be around much longer.
Didn't know it was against the law to have a break from books and PT (although I run 8 mi everyday).

I am sorry you are offended by my page counting of this altercation. If it makes you feel better I will stop, didn't know such little things annoyed people.
I really hope I don't grow up to be grumpy all the time like 80% of the AH community.

If you would like to follow my career at the Academy PM me and I will gladly send you a link in which you could keep up with my future endeavors.

Seriously?

edited for tact   :D

please stop counting pages, a little unbecoming.

Wyatt Earp would say....  get to fightin or get away.

Really do appreciate your attempt at one of the fourteen leadership traits, tact. Tact is a great thing once it is mastered, I am still working on it.
Is there ever really an easy way to tell someone to shut up?  :rolleyes:
Top Gun

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #426 on: June 08, 2014, 05:31:56 PM »
I am sorry you are offended by my page counting of this altercation. If it makes you feel better I will stop,

what gets me is that y'all keep saying 26 pages, or 28 pages etc....

I am only showing this to be 426 posted replies  and the opening post = 427 total

and this is just page # 6 on my computer ( er -  AH BBS account setup ).....  someone doesn't know how to count...

Cheers  & Wish you the best at the Naval academy!

TC
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 05:34:07 PM by TequilaChaser »

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #427 on: June 08, 2014, 05:32:17 PM »
Can we get 30 pages?

:bolt:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #428 on: June 08, 2014, 05:38:35 PM »
what gets me is that y'all keep saying 26 pages, or 28 pages etc....

I am only showing this to be 426 posted replies  and the opening post = 427 total

and this is just page # 6 on my computer ( er -  AH BBS account setup ).....  someone doesn't know how to count...

Cheers  & Wish you the best at the Naval academy!

TC

That's because you changed the number of posts per page in your profile settings to 100. The default is 15 posts per page so it shows 29 pages as of now.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #429 on: June 08, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
Is there ever really an easy way to tell someone to shut up?  :rolleyes:

First ask yourself if it's actually your job. If it is say "shut up".    :aok

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #430 on: June 08, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »
:lol
I'm not AoM

Who woulda' thunk it?  The 'tude is identical!   :banana:  Perhaps yer the muppet puppeteer?  :rofl
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 06:20:32 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #431 on: June 08, 2014, 06:24:11 PM »
Personally I am still amazed that TC, Skyyr, and Vraciu are all in the same squad. In all my encounters with TC ,whether flying with him or against him, he has never been anything but extremely humble and gracious win or lose, even when he has towered me in a couple turns  :lol ,Skyyr or Vraciu have a habit of chest thumping and general smack talk (under the most ludicrous circumstances in some cases). Have any of you guys realized that the only ones coming to your defense are your squaddies? I don't believe MA style, dueling style, "friendly duels" vs "DA call out" have anything to do with why people are happy to hop in this thread to voice their opinion on your squad, I would willing to put money on the reason being the fact that the newest members of The Damned are viewed to be love muffines by a decent sized portion of the games community. I don't really know you guys, the only person from your squad I have flown with or against on more than a few occasions is TC. What I think Skyyr, Vraciu, and Kruel don't realize (though I think Fulcrum is well aware of  ;) ) is that if any of the guys in this game that are known for smack talk got manhandled in the DA people would be just as happy to chime in. On a side note: If you are getting kills on someone when it is 2+ vs 1, from 10k+ over his head, or when he has just lifted then the smack talk on 200, your going to be thought of as a certain part of the male anatomy. Which leads us back to the reason I believe this thread has gone on to 28 pages.

And now...back to your regularly scheduled BBS Battle Royale!  :devil

A sizable portion?   Do present the statistical evidence to back this wild claim. Please. :aok

As for chest thumping, I rarely write anything unless it is to tease my friends on the other side--they're in on the joke. :cheers:  Heck, most of the time 200 is off.  The egos are annoying.   (I used to tweak Violator at every opportunity, though, but that's because he never accepted being shot down for what it was/is--being shot down.  So when he whined on 200 I poked him with a stick just a little.   That was months ago...but no longer.)

You're right though  you don't know us.   I think you would get along with us just fine if you did, though.  :salute
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:10:16 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #432 on: June 08, 2014, 06:38:28 PM »

A sizable portion?   Do present the statistical evidence to back this wild claim. Please. :aok

It is a sizable portion of the community. Listing the names would be violating their right to anonymity.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #433 on: June 08, 2014, 06:39:39 PM »
You can't read for comprehension.   Not my fault.  *Shrug*
Explain to me master of suckage!
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #434 on: June 08, 2014, 06:53:31 PM »
Appreciate it.  

Let me ask you a question:  Bear76 at first kept telling me to "Up what you want, it won't matter." as he was in his Niki and I was asking for "same plane".  

If had just upped a A6M3, and beat him decicively three times in a row or whatever....and then gone on 200 crowing my victory to the heavens beating my chest....what do you suppose his reaction would have been?  

What would yours, in similar circumstances?

How would your squad have reacted?

Do you feel that such a victory would have been tainted?

wait.. I get it.. It was plane choice that lead to the results.. If you wanted same plane you coulda upped a niki too.. As you already know, thats how these events usually go..   Dissimilar plane fights are among the best.. or up anything you want.. Like he said.. just beat him in a niki..  

But while we are in what if land.. If I were you next time I'd up the last starfighter.. fly out and deathblossom everyone at the same time.. only way to be sure..
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 06:55:40 PM by kappa »
- TWBYDHAS