Author Topic: country stereotypes ??  (Read 4254 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: country stereotypes ??
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 01:57:17 AM »
If you are not Knight you usualy have 12 toes :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 04:14:23 AM »
lol at this thread.

All the stereotypes are true at some level.
One note:
some of the knitrooks actually fight when the opportunity is given. The bishs - very rarely, maybe only Tongs or some masochist knitrook emmigrant.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 06:11:26 AM »
lol at this thread.

All the stereotypes are true at some level.
One note:
some of the knitrooks actually fight when the opportunity is given. The bishs - very rarely, maybe only Tongs or some masochist knitrook emmigrant.

Stereotypes are the crutch of fools and the insecure.

I find all players in this game fight. It is just that not all fight by the same rules or in a way that meets the expectations of others. 

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 07:09:39 AM »
I have flown all sides and do not agree with the OP.

The nits love a good furball and actually work as a team in the furball.
Rooks do their own thing 90% of the time
Bish won't fight unless they out number you .. I have even had 2 v1 and a 3 v 1 where the Bish ran.  I have never seen nits or rooks do this.

The only thing going for the bish is they have strong leaders and it shows in their organisation.

All the other stuff about alt monkeys and hordes .. well all sides do it, who cares.
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »
Bish just roll bases when they have a horde, rooks are running alt monkeys and knights don't know how to defend a base or shoot taters!

And everybody is crazy except myself  :old:
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 07:37:52 AM »
and knights don't know how to defend a base or shoot taters!
And everybody is crazy except myself  :old:

Knights can definitely shoot taters.…well at least compared to me they can. :old:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 07:54:36 AM »
The pendulum swings to and fro.  It doesn't stop.  All three chess pieces do relatively the same thing from day to day.  Though, there are some squads that readily promote certain activity such as massive hordes for absolute dominance when taking a base (no chance of defense. Where is the fun in that???), or those squads that are poster children for the pick-n-run game (why stand and fight and earn a "kill"???).

I see it more based on the squads than an entire country.

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 08:00:12 AM »
This is an interesting set of opinions here, me likes this thread. :banana:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 08:16:08 AM »
There are three types of people in this world. Those who can count and those who cant.

Ill be changing countries today. Ive flown knight now for 3 months or so. Nothing against the knights at all...<S>` It seems to me that some of the more well rounded players often rotate. Like someone said, its just chess pieces.
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »
 :noid

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 09:38:49 AM »
Stereotypes are the crutch of fools and the insecure.
I admit that i am a fool. Thanks for reminding me to this little secret.

I find all players in this game fight.
Err... well, since running away counts as noble air combat, yes, everyone fights. But again, i am the fool.

It is just that not all fight by the same rules or in a way that meets the expectations of others.  
See what i wrote above. No need to justificate your suckyness though. We know it right. Still, no idea how do you know what fighting is since you have never tryed it through all theese years.

You were asking me not to make fun of you otherwise you would report me and my entire squad (lol), yet its you who are trolling back when noone is talking to you. Geez dude...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:43:15 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 09:55:44 AM »
started out with Bish tour 75 , lots of very well organized noe missions and joint squad missions , all ways saw typed on country "everyone join up... mission posted we need numbers for base capture" lets win the war mentality (best mission planners in the game in my opinion)....
years later moved to Knights , occasional mission much more of where's the fight mentality , often said over range "no need to climb they will come down to us" -or- "dont worry there will be another map (best fighter sticks in the game in my opinion) ....
in the last 8 months been flying Rooks nice balance between Bish and Knights , often see missions posted good cross between noe/high alt/gv base takes , also a number of pure furballers , can do attitude rarely see or hear people complain (strongest all around players in my opinion)....

my observation the basic complaints exist with all country's but definitely a difference between each countries battle philosophy , probably why people will choose a chess piece to fight for , its the individuals who make up each country and im referring to the people who stick to one side or the other , staying with a country long term has given me this opinion
<S> to all
maxy   

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 10:02:48 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:22:42 PM by Skuzzy »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 10:43:44 AM »
109 G6.
Wake up earlyer if you wanna troll me.

Edit: +1 to the ignorelist  :aok
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:50:11 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 11:20:14 AM »
From my 9+ years of nerding in this game my OPINION (which doesn't really matter) :

Knights

--Praise Jayro for some odd reason
--Won't fly in a mission unless Jayro is the leader
--Will furball at a base with no one defending the white flag town and get a base taken while they are over the base
--Don't really respond to ALERT messages, like at all
--Complain about Bish horde every morning and complain about Rook horde every evening as if it changes
--Decent teamwork and mediocre six calling
--Hosts the Fun Police Training Center, will come really close to killing all FH's. Once training is completed they are sent to Bish

Bishops

--Will horde all day if they had the ability and proper leaders online
--Could win every map within an hour if they had numbers and again the proper leaders
--Does have a bad habit of running from a fight at the first sight of death or first sight of losing
--Usually accompanied by altitude monkeys
--Great teamwork and decent six calling
--Respond to ALERT messages faster than any country
--Occupied by majority of AH LA7 dweebs
--Most hated country for some odd reason
--Host the Fun Police Headquarters, will kill FH's in a heart beat

Rooks

--Will also horde all day if they could but will also furball if it seems more interesting than a horde
--Rooks host the leaders of the altitude monkeys, altitude apes
--Six calling is pretty non-existent but maybe it is just my luck
--Respond to ALERT messages pretty slow
--Occupied by majority of AH P51 dweebs

Just my two cents, but I really don't care which country I fly on. I just rather not fly Bishop as they are too keen of
killing Fighter Hangers and all I really want to do is keel. But who cares about stereotypes, is it really something to
whine about? Just fly and keel da enemy. As long as you are keeling then you should be fine. I like keeling.

Hope everyone here has a good day  :old:

DJango
Top Gun