Author Topic: country stereotypes ??  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: country stereotypes ??
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2014, 06:54:43 AM »
Mr. Pot.... I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Kettle.  :rofl
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2014, 07:17:08 AM »
I flew as a faithful Bish for 7 years, then went to Knights for the last four years.  There is no difference.  But yes, the Rooks are alt-monkeys.

Monkeys are smart!  :old:
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2014, 08:15:06 AM »
So you have never flown with those friends. Gotcha, youre absolutely not missing any part of the fun this game offers  :lol

Also the funny thing is, youre just one of "those" individuals  :rofl

what makes you think i have never flown with them.  and I'm not like you.  i don't hold grudges because things or players are not the way i want them to be.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 08:27:18 AM »
I'm not country loyal!  :old:

As long as I'm not flying on bish.  :neener:

I agree! Bish are poo :old:

Oh... wait..  :uhoh  :bolt:
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »
what makes you think i have never flown with them.  and I'm not like you.  i don't hold grudges because things or players are not the way i want them to be.

semp
Guessing "i hardly ever switch sides" means that you stay on one side and hardy ever move - guessing, you can wing with players from an other country  :rofl
I dont hold grudges either, but rather laughing on you, as youre acting exactly like what youre throwing at me.
 :aok

P.S. done that too. Tongs could tell the story, was fun  :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 10:10:37 AM »
Guessing "i hardly ever switch sides" means that you stay on one side and hardy ever move - guessing, you can wing with players from an other country  :rofl
I dont hold grudges either, but rather laughing on you, as youre acting exactly like what youre throwing at me.

I wonder how you wing with friends when you don't play the game.

semp

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »
I wonder how you wing with friends when you don't play the game.

semp
Im wondering if you have ever heard about the past tense.
AoM
City of ice

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »
You used to make me "tense" when you pmed me :old:

Now you know how awesome I am it is all fine :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »
Zack is awesome..... :old:

Offline TylerMac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2014, 03:46:31 PM »
I've flown Bish and Alchemist for the 3 years I've been here off and on.  Reading on his thread has got me in the mood to do some side jumping to see what the bigger AH world is like.  The thought is similar to stepping on to a foreign planet   :noid
Card carrying member of Flak's Lawn Dart Club

***Alchemists***

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2014, 04:08:50 PM »

as I was reading that I was ...hmmmm  we've done that  hahahaha

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 05:47:41 PM »

Knits smash and forget to grab....they drop everything and then forget why they were doing it and do something else. 15mins later remember what they were doing and try to finish it...but alas they forget this again..... I think this is commonly known as dementia

:D

:rofl

Three-up would love to see you come Knit for a tour and drag Nikonguy over here with you.  Would be a blast winging with you gents  :aok
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:52:32 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2014, 10:15:50 PM »
Im wondering if you have ever heard about the past tense.

well in the past I used to switch every hour, ask some of your squadies, we used to switch together to have some great times.  actually we used to get a lot of people mad too, but what the heck we did have some good times  :rock.

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2014, 12:29:56 AM »

I keep reading all these threads, and seeing in game comments about 1 country talking smack about the other country(s). It's really starting to get old !  "oohhh the Bish horde" or " the Rooks are Alt monkeys". Are there daily meetings where each country plans their code of conduct that im unaware of ?  are there country specific login messages that tell the players how to play for each country ? 

C'mon guys, they are freaking chess piece icons. nothing more. All sides HORDE, All sides HO, All sides Climb for advantage. I've played for all 3 sides and heard the same complaints from each. Each chess piece is comprised of players from all over the world. from all different walks of life. no one side is guilty of any specific type of play.

The bish mentality spawns from ancient history when every new player was bishop by default. That made them usually the largest country and they learned to use raw numbers to overpower the defences. Even after the assigned country became random for new players, years after that I remember seeing a steady jilt in numbers such as bish 180, knighs 120 and rooks 80. This often lead to both bish and knights targeting rooks in huge hordes, especially closer to the end of the war when only 2-3 fields were remaining. It was totally dumb to play because for a large part of your prime gaming time you couldn't even take off with all fields being vulched constantly.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2014, 03:35:50 AM »
:rofl

Three-up would love to see you come Knit for a tour and drag Nikonguy over here with you.  Would be a blast winging with you gents  :aok
Thanks M. I’ll talk to the Boss (JR). It would be a hoot. I’m all for it. And your crew are on at some of the times we are. And you’re the sort of pilots I was referring to in the Knights. Top skill, have a go and take a win or loss with manners.

As for Nikon, he is currently in love with War Thunder. He is “backgrounding” on our Facebook page. Apparently there are aimbots in there which you can download. The last post he was flying around in a bi-plane being shot at by Korean War era jets, so it may be a little short in the authenticity department.

But and this is the thing, he did say that there were 50,000 people online with over 1,700 battles going on. Screenshots look awesome too. And he says the flight model is good and much improved. Wrath/Banshee is full on “born again War Thunder” and has cancelled his AH account which is a real shame – good stick, top guy and great squaddie. Didn’t make a sound nor post a self-seeking BBS entry just left. That’s the shame. And that’s one I know.

It’s bit off track, but there’s a few self-proclaimed big fish now and their percentage becomes more when numbers decrease, and that translates to the forum. AH reminds me now of the frog in the pot. Put a frog in boiling water he’ll jump out. Put him in cold water and gradually heat it up, he’ll stay there until he boils.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU