Author Topic: Ryno's Gunnery Course in Video :D  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Ryno's Gunnery Course in Video :D
« on: June 06, 2014, 11:14:46 PM »
each link will tak you to a video that is 30mins in length so be ready the course is roughly 3 hours long and you should really attend if you can...but since you cant here it is as I myself went though it and filmed it on behalf of Ryno.

Ryno has by the way put in a TON of work to set this up and should be commended and so I shall give him this.

and now the videos

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoeZIX5TnAI

Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39WeTGrp_wQ

Part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HrucFwVJy0

Part 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7fGH3BQkes

Part 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4sGKJAxC88

Part 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNkcHPtTeiA
this will keep yall busy for a bit :D
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: Ryno's Gunnery Course in Video :D
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »
Thanks for posting this up Vudu :aok  I know Ryno worked hard at getting this training together.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:51:23 PM »
Thanks again for doing this Vudu and for the recommendation others take the course!  If I were a video guru, I could probably do this whole thing in a series of three 20 minute videos (a one-hour total) tops.  But running things live slows things down a lot with comms issues, questions and setup time.

The live course should really be about 2 hours (and was the 2nd night).  So, these could definitely use some editing down, especially the parts where I have to repeat the dot commands 3 or 4 times.  :)  One thing I learned from the first night was to type more things in the buffer, and that made it smoother and closer to 2 hours when I ran it the second night.  Also, the second night I used my "T" key more for talking, as it seems the button on my stick was getting worn out, causing me to cut in and out too much the first night. Live and learn.

When I get time, I'll watch through all these and post a list of what time segments I think are the important parts, so people don't have to wade through so much.

I did notice one problem with the first and second videos, as you left the 325 yard target up the whole time.  That means people aren't seeing all the ranges I'm discussing.  Also, I forgot to say to set your zoom mode pushed all the way in (I've added that point to my course notes now!), as the bullet patterns are better viewed zoomed all the way in.

So, what I would recommend people do for Video #1 and the first part of Video #2 (up to the point we get airborne) is listen to it while in game and actually follow along doing the setup and shooting yourself.  In other words, let it play in the background while in the TA or offline, as this way you can see all the bullet patterns as discussed.

<S>
Ryno
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:17:30 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 07:55:25 PM »
Awesome!!!!! Thanks for putting this together. I look forward to checking them out tonight!!!
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »
rgr Ryno you give the times you like and Ill cut em down and get them reset. If you'd like less films I can do that as well your material you let me know how you'd like it.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 12:57:12 AM »
Hope you don't mind if I link this thread into the ultimate dogfighter help thread.  :D :aok :salute

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 10:16:57 AM »
errrrrrr.....where's the sound?

MY bad...something's wrong on my end. Just tried a Vudu You Tube and there's no sound there either...and I know he makes a lotta noise  :devil

I have sound in AH tho....what's going on here?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 10:19:37 AM by Max »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 10:35:16 AM »
Max, your volume on the bottom left of your YouTube player window is possibly muted or turned down...

Only thing I can think of right off hand...

Good luck, I set in on Kingpin's first night of this  lecture, and must say he did a great job and encourage anyone needing help with gunnery to watch the videos in numbered order....

Great class , Kingpin!  and good job as always on getting it on video, Vudu!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 11:17:25 AM »
I checked that TC. Can't get sound from WMP either. Possible related to the issues I've been having.

Like I said, was in game earlier and everything was fine.

{edit} sounds workin again including You Tube   :noid
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:46:54 AM by Max »

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 12:20:18 PM »
Still an awesome set of video's. I learn more every time I watch them. :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 12:48:45 PM »

It is. 

I should add the quote
Aim small.  Miss small
  To my signature.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 01:27:08 PM »

It is. 

Thanks for the comments, gents.  Nice to get some positive feedback and know this was worth the time.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to run that introduction course or the intermediate course focused on "deflection shooting" yet.  I have done some individual sessions and I think for the more advanced stuff keeping it to one or two at at time may be better suited.  So, in the meantime I'd like to offer individual sessions with anyone interested (limited to 2 players at a time) for either the Introduction to Gunnery or the Deflection Shooting course.

If you are interested in either of these, please PM me or post here with your preferred day(s) of the week and times that work, and I'll contact you about setting up a session.

<S>
Ryno

Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Chief

• Zinc Member
      • 332nd Fighter Group
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 09:01:47 PM »
Study time
Squad: TAs AeroFighters Inc. (active) | 332nd Fighter Group (2014/2015)
Pilot: Greaser

The Battle Over The Winter Line

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 09:34:19 AM »
I watched the first video. Neat stuff. Ill go through the others.

No wonder hitting something with the 37mm in a p39 feels like winning the lottery. I shot each round individually and waited for the plane to settle before firing another round.

I did another and zoomed in so as to see it better.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:46:58 AM by pipz »
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 10:29:35 AM »
I just watched the second video. That's pretty interesting about changing the range of the target so you can see where the rounds fall at different points of their trajectory. Im goin to mess with that a bit and see if I can get my shooting eye in.  I love it when folks get all scientific like about this stuff.  :aok
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!