Author Topic: Replacement for the Brew  (Read 9097 times)

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Replacement for the Brew
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2014, 04:18:07 PM »
Coalcat is not known for his common sense  in the squad but thats just the way we like him  :uhoh  :devil   :ahand
Quote fixed

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2014, 05:30:13 PM »
I did these tests myself and all the Brewster was said to be able to do turned out negative. It did go to about 580 mph from a dive of 25,000 feet for about 10 seconds starting from 150mph.

I decided to begin pulling out about 3 seconds after hearing airframe stress and decided to do the E retainment test. Starting from 400mph I did a 180 degree turn (not sure how many G's, but there was plenty loss of peripheral vision) and ended up losing 50mph.

I do not have a film ATM, but I could easily do another test and post it later with details of how I carried it out, if you all want.

:salute
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:43:19 PM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2014, 05:36:01 PM »
Feel free to produce documentation showing we have incorrectly modeled the Brewster.  

Here is a pretty decent thread which contains some of the differences between the F2A and the B239.

If you don't like the challenges to your FMs, why not just show us where can we find data that shows you got it right?
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2014, 05:43:16 PM »
[snip]do a 180 and hold all of its E

I think you killed some of your credibility with this phrase. It's a classic excuse people use when they don't understand the geometry of flying. Feel free to fight out your case for the Brewster nerf, that is not my concern. My only issue is this phrase and it's regular use to explain things people don't understand due to their lack of research into basic acms.

One does not simply 180 and hold all one's E into Mordor!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2014, 06:27:32 PM »
If you don't like the challenges to your FMs, why not just show us where can we find data that shows you got it right?

Before they've been shown any data that they've got it wrong?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2014, 06:34:00 PM »
I did these tests myself and all the Brewster was said to be able to do turned out negative. It did go to about 580 mph from a dive of 25,000 feet for about 10 seconds starting from 150mph.

I decided to begin pulling out about 3 seconds after hearing airframe stress and decided to do the E retainment test. Starting from 400mph I did a 180 degree turn (not sure how many G's, but there was plenty loss of peripheral vision) and ended up losing 50mph.

I do not have a film ATM, but I could easily do another test and post it later with details of how I carried it out, if you all want.

:salute
I tried too, I made it to about 560, but I had no real control over about 525ish, the plane came out of the dive with trim. 600+ with total control myth busted.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2014, 11:13:25 PM »
How about a new You Tube video from you on the Brewster. It is about time for a new film from you anyway I always find them very entertaining. :aok

thought about it today but I just love the ki43 so much but Ill get back in it and do some shows....then hop in the MA with it again.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2014, 12:07:29 AM »
Before they've been shown any data that they've got it wrong?

Why would that matter?

Obviously this has been a repetitive topic and several times htc has been here to defend the FM but without data to back it up that I'm aware.

They'd save themselves some time and effort by just telling us where to find the "correct" data.

It's not like Brew performance specs is classified info. Any other sim who wanted it would have it already. So what's the problem?

They don't have to argue this point again and we get to let it go whether we want to or not. win/win/lose
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2014, 04:53:17 AM »
-snip-
And, for the record, the best single improvement to AH IMO would be a totally new state of the art damage model for aircraft.

Amen
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2014, 05:45:59 AM »
Why would that matter?

Obviously this has been a repetitive topic and several times htc has been here to defend the FM but without data to back it up that I'm aware.

They'd save themselves some time and effort by just telling us where to find the "correct" data.

It's not like Brew performance specs is classified info. Any other sim who wanted it would have it already. So what's the problem?

They don't have to argue this point again and we get to let it go whether we want to or not. win/win/lose
A lot of work goes into building source data.  Putting it out there in the open would be essentially doing their competition's work for them.

That said, there are only so many actual sources and we know many of them.  In the case of the B239 it is Finnish sources and it matches everything wmaker has shown us that he has.  Nobody has yet to produce anything that says otherwise.  Putting out unsupported claims that something is off isn't how it works.  You must provide the support.  I've done it in the past and gotten changes implemented, you can do it too.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2014, 06:32:54 AM »

. . .  In the case of the B239 it is Finnish sources and it matches everything wmaker has shown us that he has. 

Was this information posted here or the internet somewhere?  Can't seem to find performance data.  Do you remember where you saw the information?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2014, 08:51:49 AM »
Somebody needs to make a barklay camo skin for the brewster.
http://hyperscale.com/2007/features/f2a1barclayjv_1.htm

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2014, 10:54:30 AM »
thought about it today but I just love the ki43 so much but Ill get back in it and do some shows....then hop in the MA with it again.
:aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2014, 12:04:07 PM »
And the Wiki says:

Fighting against the Brewster B-239

. . .  If he is on your 6, all you have to do is fly away from him.

That's all you have to do.  Go into a shallow dive and extend away.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2014, 01:21:35 PM »
That's all you have to do.  Go into a shallow dive and extend away.

ack-ack
That works..... After the Brew hovers on your 6 for about 6-10 seconds at 600 yards.

Perhaps it is modeled correctly. I have no reason to doubt that except to measure it against what I know about every other plane I encounter in game. All I've done to compensate for its perceived (rightfully so or not) amazing performance is to fight against it with an extra margin of speed. I basically consider it a Spit16/8 that doesn't have the same top speed and that works for the most part.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 01:24:53 PM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.