« on: June 19, 2014, 09:54:10 AM »
Everyone knows the posting/chat rules, yet they always want to push to see
what they can get away with.
Then have the gall to complain when they get muted :headscratch:
Don't discuss things that are a no-no and you won't get muted :aok
Quite simple.
If you're not sure if something is violation the posting or chat rules,
read the "Posting Rules" :aok
We all know that Politics, Religion, etc. are a no-no.
Cursing on 200 as well.
When you violate common sense rules, expect the result :aok

:cheers: Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Mutes
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 11:47:48 AM »
 :aok
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:45:27 PM »
Rule 5
#
 :old:

:neener:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:53:31 PM »
I think the problem is that the rules aren't equally and consistently enforced.

Sometimes you can call Liberals baby-hating, America-destroying commies, and get nothing. Others, you can say "the country is going to hell" and get a warning.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:52 PM »

I guess Mods aren't on 24/7. ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:01:07 PM »
I think the problem is that the rules aren't equally and consistently enforced.<snip>

This is only a problem for those who chose to violate the forums or game.

In the game, you roll the dice as there may or may not be a moderator around.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »

Sometimes you can call Liberals baby-hating, America-destroying commies, and get nothing. Others, you can say "the country is going to hell" and get a warning.

And why would you need to do either?  What has either statement have to do with the game.  Do those types of discussions improve the gameplay somehow that I don't see?  I can see a bit of verbal reparte' as heathy and fun from time to time but that is not what this is about.

I'm not your capitive audience.  I log in to have some fun and be with friends.  I shouldn't have to detune 200 to avoid seeing what the rule breakers post to dominate the channel.  I shouldn't have to mute you, and wouldn't have to if you would just kindly, please, play by the rules.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »
This is only a problem for those who chose to violate the forums or game.

In the game, you roll the dice as there may or may not be a moderator around.

Regardless, it allows some to get away with it. Then everyone monitoring 200 sees it going down and sees nothing happen to those perpetrating that heinous rule violation.

Some will assume mods don't care, and participate next time. Some will be annoyed at uneven application of the rules (this sometimes happens even when a mod is on), some will take part to try to spite the mods.

You can argue about how to fix it, or if it needs to be fixed. But the results are not unexpected.

Make a rule that your kids can't play tag in the house only on Wednesday and Friday on alternate weeks, and don't tell them about it, of course they're going to be confused and resentful when you yell at them.

Don't enforce a rule... Well then it's not a rule.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 03:13:35 PM »

See rule #14  :old:
 :ahand
 :bolt:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »
Regardless, it allows some to get away with it. Then everyone monitoring 200 sees it going down and sees nothing happen to those perpetrating that heinous rule violation.
<snip>

You never know what is actually happening, unless the person chooses to make it public themselves.  It is always after the fact.

Using the, "Hey, he got away with it" as a defense has never been a good idea.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:55 PM »

Well, players should have the maturity to keep topics that are irrelevant to the game, outside of the game. They attack other players and start obvious 'off rail' discussions, and get all mad when they get punished for it.  Some people who comment on it get 'hit' by the moderator, however, I view it like this. If you contribute to the conversation, no matter which side you pick, you contributed and are no better than the one who started it. If you comment on it, you open the door to get nailed by the moderator for giving a reason for the starter of the subject to reply.

Most of the complaints I've heard on being 'muted' was a few mins to an hour, and in extreme cases a week.   The problem is players look at it like they own the game, when they are actually renting to play it. They are playing in HTC's court, and get all mad if they get punished, but don't look at what they contributed to the argument (from starting it to various comments in aforementioned argument) but instead look down at HTC for enforcing their rules.   And even then, a few mins to an hour isn't anything to complain about. If you can't live without talking to someone for that amount of time, then take a break and come back when you have a cool head.  

If it's longer (like a week), then use that time to reflect. What gets me is those who 'suffer' the week penalty, and do the same actions and get that week penalty again!  A revolving door...
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 03:22:01 PM »
Mama says "don't pull the tiger by the tail and you won't get bit".shortly after that we had her committed.everyone knows a tiger may bite you no matter if you're pulling the tail or not..btw none of this story is true..I've just been up way to long..night night
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 03:23:25 PM »
You never know what is actually happening, unless the person chooses to make it public themselves.  It is always after the fact.

Using the, "Hey, he got away with it" as a defense has never been a good idea.

No, but predictably it happens. If you didn't see it coming, you should have.

You guys being the administrative staff of the game, you're always "right", but once again, I would argue that selective enforcement of a rule weakens the rule.

But then if you cared about strict enforcement, you would have a mod on 24/7.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »
If you contribute to the conversation, no matter which side you pick, you contributed and are no better than the one who started it. If you comment on it, you open the door to get nailed by the moderator for giving a reason for the starter of the subject to reply.

agreed.. earlier this week I was guilty of chiming in on a political subject, which I usually avoid because I know how annoying it is.

I ended up openly requesting on 200 that I hoped a mod was on and would mute us :)

there was, and he did  :aok  :D

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »
agreed.. earlier this week I was guilty of chiming in on a political subject, which I usually avoid because I know how annoying it is.

I ended up openly requesting on 200 that I hoped a mod was on and would mute us :)

there was, and he did  :aok  :D

:aok

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -