Author Topic: Weak peeps..  (Read 9088 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Weak peeps..
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2014, 08:18:42 PM »
I'm with you. I had a satisfying rolling scissor fight with a Jug ( I was in a D-9) in which the Jug ran out of alt. He dared not disengage from the scissor... I'd have had him, a big fat target like that. I pulled out, he held on an instant too long. It was tense stuff, but tres kewl.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2014, 07:42:22 PM »
The difficulty is that most proxies aren't simple.  Other players proximity to the auger or the proxy was damaged severely in a fight with a green guy but that green guy got dead.  Those awards shouldn't be given because they truly weren't earned.  I understand why some people would want them though.

If a guy bailed out because you were on his six that counted as a kill in the war.

If a fidgety guy broke and collided with his wingman because you were on his six THAT counted as a kill.  

Proxie bails are the same thing.   It isn't that complicated.   Award the closest guy the victory and move on.  After awhile the wimps will get the message and stop their clown moves...and if they don't, at least the frustration addressed above will be mitigated to a fair extent. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 07:44:30 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2014, 08:35:51 PM »

If a guy bailed out because you were on his six that counted as a kill in the war.

If a fidgety guy broke and collided with his wingman because you were on his six THAT counted as a kill.   

Proxie bails are the same thing.   It isn't that complicated.   Award the closest guy the victory and move on.  After awhile the wimps will get the message and stop their clown moves...and if they don't, at least the frustration addressed above will be mitigated to a fair extent. 

what message will anybody that bails they get, and how is that gonna stop them.  and what frustration will those chasing the con avoid.  I dont chase anybody to get a proxie, nor do i care to get one.

Once I was in a bomber and had a con chase me for 4 or 5 sectors.  we were co-alt and it took him that long to get 10k above me.  I was watching a movie so I just let him chase me.  45 minutes later when he was in a good position to attack, I bailed out.  he got nothing, not even a proxie.  he was recording so he logged went an look at the film and pm after asking why I had bailed.  I told him that he wanted to make sure the fight was on his terms, while I wanted to fight on mine.  If he hadnt gotten the upper hand he would have never attacked me.

I say neither was of us was wrong.  he wanted to fight on his terms only and I wanted to fight on mine only.

fighters against bombers are not an even fight and should never be one in reality.  most fighters will only attack when they are assured a kill, while they expect bombers to fly straight.  you can always say well the bombers have gunners. but in reality most guys cant gun for crap on a consistent basis including me.

but if you expect me being in a bomber to wait until you are in position to attack is the same expectation as me waiting for you to only attack from dead six.

you have the option to not fight a bomber, just like the bomber has the option to not fight you.  if you decide to not attack is not any different than me bailing out because I dont want to fight you.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2014, 10:18:51 PM »
45 minutes later when he was in a good position to attack, I bailed out.  he got nothing, not even a proxie.  he was recording so he logged went an look at the film and pm after asking why I had bailed.  I told him that he wanted to make sure the fight was on his terms, while I wanted to fight on mine.  If he hadnt gotten the upper hand he would have never attacked me.

I say neither was of us was wrong.  he wanted to fight on his terms only and I wanted to fight on mine only.

So....I gather that you are not interested in actually fighting someone if you are in a bomber...?

The guy follows you for three-quarters of an hour, hoping, we presume, to get in his one or two passes, and when the Moment of Truth is anigh, rather than try to fight him off, you just bail so that he can't possibly get a kill. 

I do not understand the point of that.  Neither of you gets a chance to shoot his guns.  Neither of you has a chance to win the engagement.

You might at least transmit a message that you don't want to fight and will bail before you do (I had P6E do that to me once.)  That way he could spend his time trying to find someone who wanted to fight.

- oldman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2014, 11:22:56 PM »

So....I gather that you are not interested in actually fighting someone if you are in a bomber...?

The guy follows you for three-quarters of an hour, hoping, we presume, to get in his one or two passes, and when the Moment of Truth is anigh, rather than try to fight him off, you just bail so that he can't possibly get a kill. 

I do not understand the point of that.  Neither of you gets a chance to shoot his guns.  Neither of you has a chance to win the engagement.

You might at least transmit a message that you don't want to fight and will bail before you do (I had P6E do that to me once.)  That way he could spend his time trying to find someone who wanted to fight.

- oldman
Wasting your time buddy.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2014, 12:01:47 AM »

- oldman

you got it wrong, just like when I am in a fighter.  I am not interested in fighting anybody that only wants to fight when he gets the upper hand.  I will not fight anybody that only wants to fight on his terms.

semp

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2014, 08:24:25 AM »
Pathetic.  Can't believe this is even a question.
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »

I do not understand the point of that.  Neither of you gets a chance to shoot his guns.  Neither of you has a chance to win the engagement.

You might at least transmit a message that you don't want to fight and will bail before you do (I had P6E do that to me once.)  That way he could spend his time trying to find someone who wanted to fight.

- oldman

Let it go, this whole thread is about building kill counts. It has nothing to do with fighting at all. Most of these guys looking for easy proxy's are also those that prefer to fight in a style where they only attack when they have ALL the advantages and run as soon as they start losing those advantages.

Anyone who bails from a plane that can still fight in ANY capacity isn't playing the game in its true spirit. The game is suppose to be about combat.... not running and bailing.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:43:09 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
you got it wrong

No, he didn't.  He got it exactly as you stated it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
No, he didn't.  He got it exactly as you stated it.

nope he didn't get it,  I don't ball out when there's any plane attacking me but I'm not going to wait forever waiting for the other guy to decide when to attack.   For I have waited and at the first ping many fighters will dive for the deck.

If they can avoid a fight then it's only fair for me to avoid it if I so desire.

semp

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2014, 01:12:41 PM »
Then why play at all?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2014, 03:24:31 PM »
Then why play at all?   

because contrary to the belief of some, bombers bailing every time when they see somebody within range is very rare as compared to the actual number of bomber sorties.  I believe the last one I saw was last year.

semp

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2014, 07:46:28 PM »
because contrary to the belief of some, bombers bailing every time when they see somebody within range is very rare as compared to the actual number of bomber sorties.  I believe the last one I saw was last year.

semp
Were you in a chute?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »

Proxie bails are the same thing.   It isn't that complicated.   Award the closest guy the victory and move on.  After awhile the wimps will get the message and stop their clown moves...and if they don't, at least the frustration addressed above will be mitigated to a fair extent. 

This game isn't the war.  If you shot at a friendly, the friendly died in the war.  If you collided with a friendly, you both got damage in the war.  When two planes collided in the war, they both took damage.  Using the war as a basis for arguments in this game isn't logical or particularly relevant.

Been playin thus game a looooong time and I can count the number of times your stated proxy situations have happened to me or anyone I've ever talked with about bailing.  And if they bail in front of you and they haven't been shot by anyone else first, you do get the kill.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2014, 08:25:06 PM »
Were you in a chute?

actually it was a pretty ingenious thing that the vtard pulled on that one.  he hit the town killed most of town it then bailed out just as I was upping.  he was no more than 3k high in lancasters.

base kept blinking, so I thought vtard dead, vtard noe probably otw.  I gave the alarm and a couple of guys upped we waited about 5 minutes but nothing happened.  I decided to go around the island looking for the noe flew all around it (cant remember the map but that island only had 1 base).  I flew around the mountain at around 2k looking for a goon or anything.  saw nothing.  since the base was still blinking I decided to just climb and loiter around as I had plenty of gas  the whole time I thought it was the guy in the chute hiding somewhere.  when I was around 10k then I saw the noe mission all cv planes.  gave the alarm but since town was mostly down  it didnt take long for the vtards to take it down then prepare base for vulching.

I stayed up waiting for the goons then to my surprise the base was taken.  I was amazed as I hadnt seen a goon, no m3 spawns and the cv was nowhere in sight.  I logged off and looked at the film.  it turns out 2 vtards had taken a couple of hours flight on lvt's.  and only noticed it because of the film.

the whole time the base was blinking I thought it was the guy in the lancs that was around.

awesome

semp

I stayed around 8 waiting for the goons