Author Topic: Super Pilots in Super Squads  (Read 2797 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: Super Pilots in Super Squads
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2014, 03:01:07 PM »
I thought you followed the same rule as me, ask then dive in and pick and apologize for not hearing the reply :).

semp

Lol no... :)

However I will circle above the fight secretly hoping the friendly loses  :P
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »
I follow the same code. However if I don't get an answer on VOX I attack regardless.

Ya me too. Or if the friendly is in an obvious "about to die" situation.

The 1 on 1's like we had often in the old days, the ones that leave your hands shaking win or lose, are to sweet and infrequent to just bust up for reasons of stats. Boy I can still remember the best ones even after many years of having had them. :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2014, 03:45:05 PM »
Same here, and those fights are still to be found... At least last year when I last played the game.  :salute
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2014, 03:45:53 PM »
You know what I'm getting tired of...getting shot down by the super pilots in their super squads.

All month long 6 v 1, 4 v 1, 5 v 1...

Kodiak,

If you see me on, feel free to PM me and I'll fly your wing.  I fly alone in the MA quite a bit, so I know how to deal with the gang and pick crowd.  Takes some timing, tactics and SA to set up properly, but they also tend to die quite easily because they've never learned to fight defensively.

You and I can have some laughs by killing one or two of them and watching these "super pilots" run all they way back to their ack.

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2014, 07:54:49 PM »
If ya see me on Kodiak, give me a shout...ill wing with ya....even the odds a bit  :aok

Kodiak,

If you see me on, feel free to PM me and I'll fly your wing.  I fly alone in the MA quite a bit, so I know how to deal with the gang and pick crowd.  Takes some timing, tactics and SA to set up properly, but they also tend to die quite easily because they've never learned to fight defensively.

You and I can have some laughs by killing one or two of them and watching these "super pilots" run all they way back to their ack.

<S>
Ryno

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the offer and if I re-subscribe sometime in the future I'll look you up :aok

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2014, 10:34:28 PM »
Don't quit so fast. Sure sometimes you might get jumped by more than one.
You learn a lot that way too :aok
It'll teach you to at least try to stay away from a bunch.
Try diving in on 1 or 2, not 5-6 at a time.
Maybe sometime you'll be on the 5-6 side attacking 1.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 07:26:47 AM »
It's not an easy game, and not for the faint of heart and easily angered.  With no power ups and pay for an advantage super powers it takes skill to be successful (or help). 

The only thing standing between being eaten by, and being one of the super pilots is stick time and training.   

:salute and enjoy your break.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2014, 07:35:39 AM »
My squad will fly in a finger four when our number of pilots on allows, but that is usually against a horde or into a huge furball. Wether way, we are still out numbered when we do this, plus we can at least hold a nice formation, instead of the "mini-horde" some of these squads fly...

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 08:34:52 AM »
My squad will fly in a finger four when our number of pilots on allows, but that is usually against a horde or into a huge furball. Wether way, we are still out numbered when we do this, plus we can at least hold a nice formation, instead of the "mini-horde" some of these squads fly...
I've been playing for about 9 yrs, and I have yet to see a single Finger 4 formation in this game. I do see duos that fight cooperatively though, and those with good communication and a little common sense can be a real handful, even when outnumbered.
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »
A four ship fingertip will be a welcome sight vs the typical "same way, same day" string formation.  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all