Author Topic: High-deflection shooting...  (Read 1346 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
High-deflection shooting...
« on: June 26, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
...it is apparently a form of cheating.  :rofl  :ahand
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: High-deflection shooting...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »
...it is apparently a form of cheating.  :rofl  :ahand
(Image removed from quote.)

Was online when that happened, so funny.  Some people need to learn ACM/SA.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:35:40 PM »
must of been a slow night. two sorties, 2 kills, back to 9k in auto speed, one pimp smack on 200, and one pm hate mail, all in one text buffer.
 :airplane:

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 09:35:56 PM »
MrHate got no Love?
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:08:56 PM »
The bad part is that the shot he's questioning was from behind, at about 200 yards, full planform. No way one could hit one of those without aimbot  :devil
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:27:13 PM »
Some players with fragile egos have to explain away their losses every time they die, no matter how crazy their reasoning.  

I've been PM'd repeatedly from the same guy after:

1) We engaged in a 1v1 co-alt fight with 3 merges before it turned into a rolling scissors.  When he died he PM'd me to call me a "picker".  I LOL'd and asked how I could pick him in a 1v1.  He insisted repeatedly that he was the more experienced player and that he was using the term correctly.

2) I was defending a port in a Wirble and the same guy attacked the port with a Seafire.  After I shot him down, he PM'd me to call me "just another [expletive] camper."  I asked him how I could be "camping" at my own base in a Wirble.  He insisted he knew what he was talking about.

3) He returned to the base in Lancasters (presumably to bomb my "camping" Wirble).  I had already exited with several kills, but got in an 88.  After shooting down one of his Lancs with the 88, he insisted I had hacked the game and was using an aimbot.  I tried to explain it wasn't a difficult shot, as he was flying straight and level.  But he insisted he could tell a cheater when he saw one and was sending the film in to HTC.

The funniest part of this story is this guy has been playing the game for 10 years or more.

Some folks are just delusional.  I've tried taking the time to explain what happened, when getting PM'd, but it's a waste of time. Best to ignore and move on.

<S>
Ryno
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:32:12 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 10:29:27 PM »
Remember, if you shoot someone down, you're hacking!  :lol

If they shoot you down then you suck and should uninstall the game.  :rofl

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »
Is "SA" a form of cheating too? If so I feel god aweful....
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline CeeEff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »
OK, I do not want to sound like I support this guy calling anyone a cheater because that is just childish.
That said, there are two different pictures that the two players see. I have been shot down from my rear quarter by a plane that was wingtip to wingtip with me.
Cheating? No, just one of the joys of playing the game from halfway around the world. :bhead :bhead
One who only enters into engagements that they can win is destined to mediocrity.
I will fight anybody but mediocrity is still a distant dream.
In game ID: Lazur

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 01:30:56 AM »
You either die a noob or live long enough to become a no life hacker.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline scarecrw

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 01:39:52 AM »
Once I had a guy pm me calling me a cheater for shooting him 1.5k out. He didn't realize he was looking at my squad mate as I snuck up on his six and blew him up less than 200 away. He cussed me out so bad and then left to watch the film. Never heard from him again.
"scarecrw"
12+-
JG5 "Eismeer"
I'll see you in Valhalla!

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 01:57:01 AM »
I'm not good enough to be called a cheater :cry :rofl
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 02:00:09 AM »
I was there and saw everything!

It was an outrage :)

As B2B would say "The Horror!" :rofl

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 06:34:18 AM »
Some players with fragile egos have to explain away their losses every time they die, no matter how crazy their reasoning.  

I've been PM'd repeatedly from the same guy after:

1) We engaged in a 1v1 co-alt fight with 3 merges before it turned into a rolling scissors.  When he died he PM'd me to call me a "picker".  I LOL'd and asked how I could pick him in a 1v1.  He insisted repeatedly that he was the more experienced player and that he was using the term correctly.

2) I was defending a port in a Wirble and the same guy attacked the port with a Seafire.  After I shot him down, he PM'd me to call me "just another [expletive] camper."  I asked him how I could be "camping" at my own base in a Wirble.  He insisted he knew what he was talking about.

3) He returned to the base in Lancasters (presumably to bomb my "camping" Wirble).  I had already exited with several kills, but got in an 88.  After shooting down one of his Lancs with the 88, he insisted I had hacked the game and was using an aimbot.  I tried to explain it wasn't a difficult shot, as he was flying straight and level.  But he insisted he could tell a cheater when he saw one and was sending the film in to HTC.

The funniest part of this story is this guy has been playing the game for 10 years or more.

Some folks are just delusional.  I've tried taking the time to explain what happened, when getting PM'd, but it's a waste of time. Best to ignore and move on.

<S>
Ryno

I am always willing to explain how I got the kill if they are curious. Some 'foreign' things like the 88 and 30mm are difficult to get a kill in, so when someone does it's an event.  However, if they have shown they lack the ability to understand, I either record the text for future reference, or report them.  While laughing the whole time of course.  :D
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 07:55:08 AM »
PM's always lighten the moment, they are always hilariously stupid. :) :lol :rofl
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"