Author Topic: SAVE ACES HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9604 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: SAVE ACES HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2014, 02:42:56 AM »

At the current numbers off hours are just dreadful to me. Even euro primetime suffers a lot, if you came here for the same thing I came for: To fight large MMO battles and experience a wealth of gameplay options.
Where once flying at US prime was a luxury for me, it's these days almost mandatory to get a comparable reliable fun level. I didn't come here to chase a single con here and there.

The numbers at off hours is dreadful but if you can convince everyone to fly in one area then it's a lot of fun. Just now in the MA we're deep in the off hours with less than 30 people in flight and 255 bases. Rooks got a few people together and went for base captures. I had some awesome fun fighting against them anything from 1v1 up to 1v6 (mostly 1v3's or more). I had more fun in those 30 mins I was logged on than I have had during the entire past month peak hours combined.

I don't know if it's just that the people on during the off hours are mostly all fighter jocks or what, but I seem to get way better fights during the off hours. During the peak hours I spend 99% of my time chasing 190s and P-51s back to their ack.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2014, 09:30:31 AM »
Yeah we'd be back to two arenas again. And the 1946 one wouldnt be limited to 1946 only. It could be a perk farmers heaven or a perk users heaven and it wouldnt be limited to only new designs but also the more advanced designs of already established aircraft. Most of all the Soviet design companies. Including their first jet.

As long as "prototype" was the standard there would be many additions. But...I dont much want to turn this into a 1946 thread. It was just an idea. One I dont think is going to happen.

I feel like 1946 arena would just become the new MA. And that's not a good thing, IMO. I really enjoy the immersion, and that would ruin it for me.

Besides, unless you give the jets free of cost, I feel like it would be mostly US/UK planes shooting at US/UK planes, which would be incredibly boring for me.

I mean the Germans have the Do 335, and the Russians have the La-9, and not a whole lot else. The Japanese are utterly screwed, having the A7M and not a great deal more.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2014, 12:00:58 PM »
On the WW2 Buffs facebook page, I managed to slip in a link to the AH page.

LOL

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2014, 12:17:37 PM »
Maybe an air conditioned small trailer to take to the 4 big ww2 air shows a year.  Like I said, the game dynamic is good.   The flight characteristics are good. 
      Someone was saying they joined up looking for Berlin, London, etc, I've been saying for years, give us the cool small dirt runway airbases from those other specialty arenas.   These are good ideas.  Also I agree there should be only 2 countries.  There would be way more awesome fights with just 2 sides fighting. The numbers are so low and the gameplay so stale, why not try any of these.

Quote this post if you agree

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2014, 12:23:56 PM »
Maybe an air conditioned small trailer to take to the 4 big ww2 air shows a year.  Like I said, the game dynamic is good.   The flight characteristics are good. 
      Someone was saying they joined up looking for Berlin, London, etc, I've been saying for years, give us the cool small dirt runway airbases from those other specialty arenas.   These are good ideas.  Also I agree there should be only 2 countries.  There would be way more awesome fights with just 2 sides fighting. The numbers are so low and the gameplay so stale, why not try any of these.

Some version though AHs lack of response....

I know there was a response to the 2 country thought, essentially been there done that. I get it though much has changed since AH apparently did that over a decade ago. The side switch rule alone would likely have a very different impact on a 2 country theater. I also like having maps correlate to the actuals. Let us fight over Western Europe for a few days, with Air launches, to incentive buff fights. Then move to the Pacific, etc.

Anyway...something must be done
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline seano

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2014, 01:12:14 PM »

I know there was a response to the 2 country thought, essentially been there done that. I get it though much has changed since AH apparently did that over a decade ago. The side switch rule alone would likely have a very different impact on a 2 country theater. I also like having maps correlate to the actuals. Let us fight over Western Europe for a few days, with Air launches, to incentive buff fights. Then move to the Pacific, etc.

air launches for buffs could be used if used back far enough, and not automatically at 25k. say 3 sectors from an enemy base?

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2014, 02:09:38 PM »
air launches for buffs could be used if used back far enough, and not automatically at 25k. say 3 sectors from an enemy base?

Agreed. Maybe it is staggered, one sector gets you 10k, two sectors starts at 15k, three sectors 20k. I don't know, rough ideas but that which we incentivize we'll get more of.
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »
patchwork
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2014, 08:28:51 PM »
Yeah i was on 9ish PACIFIC and 47 guys on 20 in the tower and a massive map?! shiferbrains?!

Most time I see a small map and log.............boringggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggg

Has anyone even thought that maybe people have other things to spend money on, I don't know like food, rent, bills. Or maybe the younger generation might not like flight sim game and don't want to LEARN how to play cuz it's not XBOX? Also for the "I can't find a fight" guys.......BSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS S. Go to the eye doctor and get you eye's checked. I have logged on different times of the day and night and can always find a fight. It's not the game that is the problem it's US...you and me, we want, want, want and never think of the years that HT and his small staff have done for all of us over many years. If you WANT more maybe we should be paying $50-$60 per month then we might expect more, other wise thank HT for the many years of very cheap entertainment  :salute
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:42:07 PM by HawkerMKII »
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2014, 12:05:49 AM »

Hadn't seen it suggested but I like it. I question the value of the 3-way.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2014, 05:07:46 AM »
I actually find the off hours more enjoyable than peak. I'll take a 2v2 fight over a bunch of knights racing to clear my 12 any day.

Sat and Sun mornings (EST) definately my favorite time to play  :aok  Great bunch of guys on at that time, on all countries
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2014, 06:38:19 AM »

In the van, you could have 4 or 6 or so commercially available hardware setups, all somewhat dfferent and all logged into the DA so that all the clowns could sit down and have some death matches against each other. They could try out some of the various aircraft and get some instruction in how to best use the one they're flying. They could try some of the various pedal/stick/throttle/seat/trackir combos out - and get ballpark prices on them. It'd be a great way to demo the game. Consider, the numbers are so low that even the additions of a couple of hundred avid new players would make a HUGE difference. Further, I'd estimate you could do a small van setup for less than $100k - although to really do it right, it'd be better to go motor home on its ace and do it up right.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2014, 08:04:36 AM »
Most time I see a small map and log.............boringggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggg

Or maybe the younger generation might not like flight sim game and don't want to LEARN how to play cuz it's not XBOX?

Can we stop with the "younger generation" crap. Just cause some people like xbox doesn't mean you have to generalize the entire group. There are plenty of 50 year olds who play xbox easy mode games too

:bolt:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2014, 08:57:35 AM »
Can we stop with the "younger generation" crap. Just cause some people like xbox doesn't mean you have to generalize the entire group. There are plenty of 50 year olds who play xbox easy mode games too

Hush up, youngster......AND GET OFF MY LAWN!! :old:
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2014, 08:59:31 AM »

exacto mundo.  my guess based on my squad and all the other squads I have been in is that the average age is at least 30+ and I wouldnt be surprised if it was 40+.

in the last 3 years I have known 2 players that are under 30, one in his mid 20's the other was 18 I believe.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.