Author Topic: SAVE ACES HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9468 times)

Offline seano

• Copper Member
SAVE ACES HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:44:09 PM »
Hey Hitech, this game is really starting to get boring due to lack of players. you guys better start hitting the airshow circuit or something. Do Something Please!!!!!

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: SAVE ACES HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »
I'm a broken record but.... :aok
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »
I expect there will be a more aggressive advertising campaign after the graphics update. If not, it has been nice flying with you guys. :salute
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »
Rotating in these big maps with current numbers is making a worrisome situation even worse. Its kinda self defeating. As in player logs on, see's huge map with very few Dars, and says "the heck with it" and logs out.

Sure on Thurs. and weekend nights the lads come out but its the other times that worry me. Its the loss of Euro and Asian players that worry. Of all the years its the loss of LWA K/Ds in the last year that worries most.

Still a great flight model model and community. I doubt Im going anywheres soon. But there is an 800 lb Gorilla in the room and we might as well all say we see it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 02:35:57 PM »
Yeah i was on 9ish PACIFIC and 47 guys on 20 in the tower and a massive map?! shiferbrains?!
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
Rotating in these big maps with current numbers is making a worrisome situation even worse. Its kinda self defeating. As in player logs on, see's huge map with very few Dars, and says "the heck with it" and logs out.

Sure on Thurs. and weekend nights the lads come out but its the other times that worry me. Its the loss of Euro and Asian players that worry. Of all the years its the loss of LWA K/Ds in the last year that worries most.

Still a great flight model model and community. I doubt Im going anywheres soon. But there is an 800 lb Gorilla in the room and we might as well all say we see it.

Yeah, but when the solution is 'Move to F2P round based arcade combat', some of us don't want it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »
Yeah, but when the solution is 'Move to F2P round based arcade combat', some of us don't want it.

Wiley.
I don't want that either. But what if I told the reason player numbers are declining are some of the anti-fighting/anti-fun dynamics of the game, which many seem convinced are needed to keep players?

(New guys logs in a few times in a week and can't easily find a fight in any arena for various reasons, he's probably not gonna be here any longer than the trial period.)

EDIT: This game has to make itself known to the kind of people who would enjoy it. Classic airplane rags, advertisements on Youtube when people look up WWII plane stuff. Maybe another TV commercial. You almost cannot find this game if you don't know what it is already. Go ahead and Google "WWII flight simulator" and see what you get.

And when people get here, they've got to reliably find action or they are not going to stay. These points are the bottom line of it all.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:48:50 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »
I

EDIT: This game has to make itself known to the kind of people who would enjoy it. Classic airplane rags, advertisements on Youtube when people look up WWII plane stuff. Maybe another TV commercial. You almost cannot find this game if you don't know what it is already. Go ahead and Google "WWII flight simulator" and see what you get.

And when people get here, they've got to reliably find action or they are not going to stay. These points are the bottom line of it all.

And R/C magazines and web sites.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »
Go ahead and Google "WWII flight simulator" and see what you get.

Actually AH is an online game and has almost no use as an offline game.  If you Google "WWII flight simulator online" Aces High is the third link.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 04:06:17 PM »
Actually AH is an online game and has almost no use as an offline game.  If you Google "WWII flight simulator online" Aces High is the third link.

It was not when I just tried it, didn't even appear on the first page. Curious.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 05:33:24 PM »

Wiley.

Thankfully, HiTech said this game isn't suited for a F2P business model and I agree.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 05:35:58 PM »
It was not when I just tried it, didn't even appear on the first page. Curious.

It appears for me 3rd on the list using the keywords "WW2 online flight sim" and "WW2 flight sim online". 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »
Bing is not as kind as Google.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »
"combat flight sim"

No aces high  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 05:51:42 PM »

Wiley.
AH physics combined with a matchmaking program and you have a winner.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.