Author Topic: Damage in Training  (Read 322 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Damage in Training
« on: July 15, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
d like to see Bomb Damage in the training arena. I see no other way to work on my pathetic Dive Bombing Techniques. Even something that might reset in a couple minutes,

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: Damage in Training
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:48:50 PM »
+1
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline ML52

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »
+1

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »
 It's already there,in the arena settings,however we have tried many times to get the damage to the level of the MA and shorten the rebuild times but there were several issues that cropped up and we just couldnt get it to work properly.

I could easi;y set the setting the same as the MA but that wouldnt be conducive to training as too much time would be wasted re-upping in new planes.

As it is now in the TA if you see a bomb crater you missed,if you dont then you hit a target!

It's a good wish and I would like to see it happen but unfortunately unless someone can figure out a work around on the other issues I dont see it happening soon.

:salute

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 05:04:22 PM »
But the re-up times are why its conducive in the TA as you can spawn at 5K or 10k. Im OK leaving the damage the way it is. If I kill something Ill just kill something else next run and it can respawn when it wants.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
You can use the TA map offline or in a custom arena with your choice of settings.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »
But the re-up times are why its conducive in the TA as you can spawn at 5K or 10k. Im OK leaving the damage the way it is. If I kill something Ill just kill something else next run and it can respawn when it wants.

I think you may misunderstand what I meant. You are correct about reupping and spawning at alts but when it comes to dogfight training it just doesnt work!!

As FLS pointed out you always have those options,just load the TA terrain into a custom or offline and Bob's ur uncle!

:salute

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 05:47:24 PM »
Also, there are bullseye targets on the ground in the bombing range in the TA.  Not as much fun as knocking down buildings, but you can see your bomb craters relative to the bullseye and tell how you're doing for accuracy.  I guess the next best thing  :)

+1 to your wish.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »
What about the ability to change the "protect object" setting to a particular airfield or country strat? Wouldn't that be a way solve the problem and allow the bombing range have destructable objects at all times?
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...