Author Topic: Corrupted Films  (Read 679 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Corrupted Films
« on: July 07, 2014, 11:48:26 PM »
Some of the best sorties that ive flown and remember to record end up getting corrupted when I go back and try to look at them. I know it a long shot, but is there anyway to maybe ummm "repair" the corrupted file? Also is there any way to ensure a file won't get corrupted, or perhaps mitigate it?
See Rule #4

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Corrupted Films
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:56:10 PM »
Some of the best sorties that ive flown and remember to record end up getting corrupted when I go back and try to look at them. I know it a long shot, but is there anyway to maybe ummm "repair" the corrupted file? Also is there any way to ensure a file won't get corrupted, or perhaps mitigate it?

Please post a copy of the corrupted file inside of a zip folder... I'll try to see if I can get it to open on my end...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 12:29:11 AM »
Have you been able to record and view any films?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:37:28 AM »
If the films were recorded from earlier game versions, the best bet is to install that old version and try viewing them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »
I don't know the exact issue you are experiencing with your films, but I have one too:

A lot of my films can not be opened by dbl click on the film. The Film viewer will come up, try to load them and then crash. This seems to be independent from type of plane (or GV) used and map.
However, I'm always able to open these bugged films by selecting another, working film first and then open the 'bugged' film from the film viewer's menu itself.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 09:07:02 AM »
As a side note. It is not uncommon for the film viewer to not open a film that is outside the "films" folder in the game installation.  The film viewer needs all the resources the game uses in order to function.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:45 AM »
I have a number of films that saved at 0kb. Which are also unable to be opened or deleted. I thought it was isolated to my PC.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
I have a number of films that saved at 0kb. Which are also unable to be opened or deleted. I thought it was isolated to my PC.

I'm pretty sure I have the same thing going on. I just tried sending them into a compressed folder and its giving me errors. It seems I can't move or delete the said files. Also these Films are not visible from the film viewers menu probably because it doesn't recognize it as an Aces high film file. In order to find it I need to go to the film folder itself.

All my films have been recorded since the latest patch was release.
See Rule #4

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 12:52:11 PM »
I am going to take a wild guess here.

A zero length film usually means the file was opened, but never closed properly, which also prevents Windows from deleting the file.  This can happen if the game crashes or suffers some other type of abnormal termination.

If you install the game in the Windows "Program Files" folder(s), then it can happen more often.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese