Author Topic: You know you're getting old when...  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
Re: You know you're getting old when...
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
I remember buying Marlboros for a buck a carton.

I quit smoking when they reached 50 cents a pack.

Gas was .19 / gallon

quit smoking when I had my hip replaced...... Having hip replaced was probably all I need to say

:old:

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
Keith knocked him cold in the isle with a single straight left, he was 69 :old:

:aok

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
You begin to find yourself attracted to older women..................Then you realise most of them are younger than you.  :cry

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 10:25:27 AM »
You begin to find yourself attracted to older women..................Then you realise most of them are younger than you.  :cry
Twin Peaks aired when I was in high school but I never watched it untill a couple of weeks ago. Those hot chicks are all like 50 now.

Classic rock stations now play nirvana and nine inch nails.

Eminem's daughter graduated high school.

Soon aces high will be older than most of the people playing it.

And if that doesnt make you feel old, look up your classmates on facebook. Now they really are seniors.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
Twin Peaks aired when I was in high school but I never watched it untill a couple of weeks ago. Those hot chicks are all like 50 now.

I loved Twin Peaks.  It aired when I was in graduate school.  I wanted one day to visit the towns where they filmed parts of it.  Now I live near there.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 12:00:58 PM »
I loved Twin Peaks.  It aired when I was in graduate school.  I wanted one day to visit the towns where they filmed parts of it.  Now I live near there.

Then.

Now

That's why you shouldn't look up old girlfriends on facebook. At my age it's just depressing.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:08:08 PM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:36 PM »
You know your getting old... when you cant order from the resturaunt due to forgetting your glasses..

Lawndart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 08:03:36 AM »
And if that doesnt make you feel old, look up your classmates on facebook. Now they really are seniors.
Most of them are too old to have a FB page!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »
Then.
(Image removed from quote.)

Now
(Image removed from quote.)

That's why you shouldn't look up old girlfriends on facebook. At my age it's just depressing.

I guess I'm old,  still think she looks hot.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2014, 11:00:46 AM »
Yeah, getting old when all of your friends are nearly social security eligible....

Here's a small group of friends who gathered at our high school to visit during our 40th HS reunion in 2011.

Interesting group of folks.

The guy standing to the far left is the VP for a specialized security firm. He oversees training of SWAT teams and special hostage teams. The 4th guy standing from the left is a retired Engineering Manager from Raytheon. He oversaw the development of several missiles and guided weapons. Today, he flies his Bonanza and Cessna 172 all over the country. He's nearly finished building an RV7. The next fellow going L to R made a fortune in northern California real estate. The guy in the hideous tie-dye shirt, works of for the Nation Forest Service. He is one of several responsible for managing forest fire fighting efforts in Colorado. The man next to him (sunglasses hooked in his shirt) owns a manufacturing and service company that did more than $85 million in business last year. I'm the guy with the sunglasses. Behind me is a heart surgeon from Maryland. The fellow with the balding noggin and yellow shirt is the retired head of the New York State DEC. The guy over his shoulder is a marketing executive. Among the ladies are two doctors, three retired teachers, a professional musician, the owner of business jet service company (she flies them too), and a college professor. All in all, a rather distinguished group. All are 60 to 61 years old. All very active and busy. We meet a few times each year.

The group gets to together every winter at Captain Hiram's Resort in Florida...

My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2014, 11:20:01 AM »
Wow what year did Colorado desegregate their schools?

Seriously though, I came up in a dark time. The eighties were over and grunge hadn't happened yet, it was a gap, a sort of void. Hair bands still roamed the earth, in denial of their own extinction and oblivious to the fact that we were only buying tickets for the opening act. Fan's didn't wait around for Guns and Roses after Faith No More finished.

A dark time indeed.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:22:58 AM by FLOOB »

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2014, 11:27:42 AM »
Power!
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2014, 12:46:47 PM »
..when younger guys think you're strange for leaving the house without a cell phone...like we did 20 years ago
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2014, 05:30:42 PM »
Interesting group of folks.

Impressive!  Is there anything to which you attribute such a level of success across your group of classmates, any element of upbringing or local culture?