Author Topic: inactive game play  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Blinder

• Nickel Member
Re: inactive game play
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 08:09:45 PM »
Well, on a bomb run u can go for 30+ min, sometimes an hour, w/o moving the stick at all. It would not be a good idea to disco a bomber on auto climb or on a long noe-run. So auto disco inactive players is not a good idea. A gv sitting 1hr+ inactive is a very rare thing in the ma. not so much of a problem.

been there done that. Many times afk grabbing some grub or taking care of other such business whilst my 4 engined heavy labored for alt. This thread is invalid because it is all part of the game and quite frankly, we are entitled to do what we wish with our 15 bucks a month in this non-linear mmog.  :old:
Fighter pilots win glory .... Bomber pilots win wars.

17th Guards Air Assault Regiment (VVS) "Badenov's Red Raiders"

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: inactive game play
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 10:28:23 PM »
Perhaps we are approaching the problem wrong.  We are looking at the symptoms rather than the problem itself. The ENY currently calculates all players on a side, then compares those numbers to the other sides, then via an algorithum changes the ENY accordingly.  Perhaps there is a way that inactive players (not in planes, but in the tower for example) could still be afk, but not contribute to the ENY. Yet not be able to instantly spawn, in other words, not be able to abuse the 'immunity' given in the tower to spawn low ENY planes when ENY is high...

Other than my previous ideas on the matter, I am unsure of how to solve this issue.  I don't want to 'punish' players going afk either for Real life tasks or for long climbouts, but I don't want those who are 'fighting the fight' and playing the game, to suffer because of the others either.  Delicate balance, there is an answer here, but we need to find a method that benefits BOTH sides of this coin and doesn't punish those who are AFK via kicking them offline.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend