Author Topic: After a year of terrible luck  (Read 711 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
After a year of terrible luck
« on: July 16, 2014, 09:05:56 AM »
After a year of really bad things going on in my life; from my wife's cancer to my dad having his leg taken; I struggled to get anywhere - somehow I managed to get through it and saved up enough to buy something i've been saving for:

Yeah Its stock, but I have the UWS toolbox, running boards, front grill, all coming soon; going to blacken the rims out also; I hate that plastic chrome.
JG 52

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: After a year of terrible luck
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:28:14 AM »
 :aok congrats!  Hope things are going better now.  :salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »
good to see your'e doing better through all the tough times. I went through a tough period starting about 5 years ago. first my only sister died suddenly at 41 from a massive heart attack, then almost exactly 1 year later my wife had a series of strokes that almost killed here and permanently disabled her, then almost exactly 1 year after that, my mother had a disease called "white matter disease" (I think) take her life in 3 months, then my mother-in-law got diagnosed with lung cancer and almost died, had a lung removed and has made a full recovery.

Things are good now though.

68valu
Flying since tour 84

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »
good to see your'e doing better through all the tough times. I went through a tough period starting about 5 years ago. first my only sister died suddenly at 41 from a massive heart attack, then almost exactly 1 year later my wife had a series of strokes that almost killed here and permanently disabled her, then almost exactly 1 year after that, my mother had a disease called "white matter disease" (I think) take her life in 3 months, then my mother-in-law got diagnosed with lung cancer and almost died, had a lung removed and has made a full recovery.

Things are good now though.

68valu

damn man....they say when it rains it pours.

wish the best for you and yours:pray

Butcher

nice truck :aok

I wont hold it against you that it is not a Dodge :P

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:22:11 PM »
 :aok

We still have '96 tacoma in the family, driving it til the wheels fall off; it's just that very little has ever gone wrong with it; a broken door handle, seatbelt and cupholder   :lol

May you be as fortunate.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »
Honestly sorry to hear about the bad things.. never want to hear stuff like that really.. but also glad to see things are going better for you.. where on the same team man.. lets make this a happier healthier year  :cheers:
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 06:33:57 PM »
Glad things are getting better for you.  I'm dealing with a lot of bad luck myself right now but reading up I see just how fortunate I really am.  Prayers for all of you guys. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »
You bought a ladder  :bolt:

Congrtas on the new ride

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 07:28:34 PM »
After a year of really bad things going on in my life; from my wife's cancer to my dad having his leg taken; I struggled to get anywhere - somehow I managed to get through it and saved up enough to buy something i've been saving for:

A rear tire? Or the ladder?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 12:45:54 AM »
You've weathered quite a storm Butcher. Glad to see it didn't beat you down.  :salute

Hang tough, and don't let the bank repo that ladder.  :)
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 01:42:11 AM »
A rear tire? Or the ladder?

What? Your laptop doesn't have a 2880x1800 screen?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
You've weathered quite a storm Butcher. Glad to see it didn't beat you down.  :salute

Hang tough, and don't let the bank repo that ladder.  :)

Thanks everyone, sorry it took a while to get back on here; just don't have time anymore - LOL my free time goes to adding a tool box and running boards to my truck; absolutely in heaven with it!

JG 52

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 11:41:13 AM »
 :salute

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 06:14:02 PM »
Pyrite Mica? Love Tacomas. You will enjoy the purchase for years and years. Here's to better luck and swift tail winds  :salute
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 09:49:27 PM »
You certainly deserve the new ride.

Thoughts and prayers.

It's one thing when bad things happen to me and around me, but I hate to see such dark clouds surround others.  Thoughts and prayers.  I hope your wife and dad are better and future skies nicer.  Thoughts and prayers.

ROX
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese