Author Topic: Fester Map  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
Re: Fester Map
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2014, 03:00:44 AM »
Just love that 8K base in the middle of the map  :x

By the way, anyone else got an fps boost with this map? Now I'm always at 59-60, in other maps it went below 50 quite frequently.
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2014, 06:18:50 AM »
Just love that 8K base in the middle of the map  :x

By the way, anyone else got an fps boost with this map? Now I'm always at 59-60, in other maps it went below 50 quite frequently.

And there are clouds.  Wispy clouds yet still clouds.

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2014, 07:28:14 AM »
Sorry guys and sorry Fester, really not a fan of this one. The clouds look great but the base configuration is kinda for lack of a better word...Weird... It really only pushes the fights to the very edges of the map, it has been pretty boring flying in the main arena since it has been up, well in my timezone at least. BTW the grey far bars are a terrible touch.

I'll give it a run tomorrow and Sunday flying US peak times to get a better feel, and maybe I'll change my mind then.

No need to flame me on this one just expressing my honest opinion. Like I said I'll give it the weekend to fly at a more populated time and see how it goes  :airplane:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:33:17 AM by Tracers »
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
The grey dar bars are hard to understand but I figured them out.  Upper bar dar is friendly, the lower bar dar is enemy.  Once I figured that out it got easier to find bad guys.  Still too early to render judgement.  Hope to get some more time to explore this one....  Thank you Fester for the hard work.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
I liked it a lot actually.  If you study the flow of the bases, it's driving fights regionally and allows base capture momentum to build but the great thing about the map is the momentum can't run through the whole map. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2014, 10:37:25 AM »
And there are clouds.  Wispy clouds yet still clouds.

Half the people complaining when they were released didn't even play/participate regularly.

^ might be exaggerating, but so were the AH cloud bashers.  :aok
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2014, 10:50:35 AM »
I experienced it yesterday. Beautifully rendered, which is an important point for attracting new customers. The grey dar bars are fixing what wasn't broke in the first place IMO, and the map is too large for current player numbers. But an excellent effort, overall.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2014, 11:31:17 AM »
I like this map a lot.  Thank you, Fester  :salute

I didn't realize how much a new map could freshen the game!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:37:11 AM by Kodiak »

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2014, 12:17:23 PM »
The grey dar bars are fixing what wasn't broke in the first place IMO

Did you ever lose the red guys dot in the red dar bar?   :eek:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »
   Did you ever lose the red guys dot in the red dar bar?   :eek:

Nope.  I've changed the color to a darker red and it is easy to discern the dot from the bar.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »
hope the maps enjoyed by most that play on it.

the 163 should only be enabled at the high alt rear base a bit away from hq. i timed the 163 from this high alt base to hq at 30k and it stil gets there with half fuel if done right.

in fact from this high alt base ive flown all the way to the center of the map. id hope this base would still be the only one 163s enabled from once the 163 fixed.

a1 a2 a3 i believe they are.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2014, 02:26:34 PM »
Gooooood map Cit.

Any clue what the thing with the darbar is?

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
Gooooood map Cit.

Any clue what the thing with the darbar is?

a bug I think. I made no changes to anything darbar related its beyond the scope of what the terrain editor does.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2014, 02:29:56 PM »
Nice map. Could be fun. Could be boring. It seems it leans towards gv and bombers but at least its different and it gives others an opportunity to do different things dependi g on where the fight is. This part is very good. I thought it looked a bit like some old desert battles at one of the gv bases i was at for a bit. I enjoyed it and hope it is up again tonight.
Nice work fester and also skuzzy et al for dropping this into the mix to try it out even though you had reservations.
I did not notice 163's available everywhete, i do hope that doesn't change either. Avain, allowing people more opportunity to do something they might not ordinarily try.
 :aok

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »
163 should only be enabled at the high alt rear bases... a1 a2 a3 i believe they are.