Author Topic: Re-Arm Pad  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re-Arm Pad
« on: July 20, 2014, 11:55:39 AM »
I wish for a change to the re-arm pad.  I would like the programming changed so that if you have any damage, even just one bullet hole in your plane, you would not be re-armed.  Pull up to the pad, stop, it either starts the 30 second re-arm or gives you a message, "You have been hit, re-arm is not available".

Why? 

1. to make it a bit more difficult to get a re-arm.

2. to make it a bit more realistic.  I doubt very much if an aircraft would have been re-armed if it had damage in real life.  Even one little bullet hole.  There would be internal damage that would have to be inspected and repaired to certify the aircraft was flight worthy.

Who would it affect?  Guys like me who do re-arm, so I am not suggesting this to change only how others play as it would certainly make a difference on my ability to re-arm also.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Re: Re-Arm Pad
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:08:23 PM »
Not a good idea.  When and If HTC modifies the damage model then something like this can be addressed
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »
I don't think one or two bullets holes would have stopped a plane from being rearmed. I think in the battle of Malta, the ordnance men were still on the wings buttoning up,after the planes landed and were rearmed, even as the planes were taxing to take off again.These planes were in a desperate battle and a little damage to them did not make any difference.If they could land, they could take off.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 12:33:58 PM »
If I recall correctly, it was not uncommon for B-17's to fly out on missions with holes here and there? :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 12:36:44 PM »
Some suggest just doing away with the rearm pad.

I will have to give this -1.

If the hangers were down a rearm with a few bullet holes would be good to do.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 02:19:59 PM »
I wish for a change to the re-arm pad.  I would like the programming changed so that if you have any damage, even just one bullet hole in your plane, you would not be re-armed.  Pull up to the pad, stop, it either starts the 30 second re-arm or gives you a message, "You have been hit, re-arm is not available".

Why? 

1. to make it a bit more difficult to get a re-arm.

2. to make it a bit more realistic.  I doubt very much if an aircraft would have been re-armed if it had damage in real life.  Even one little bullet hole.  There would be internal damage that would have to be inspected and repaired to certify the aircraft was flight worthy.

Who would it affect?  Guys like me who do re-arm, so I am not suggesting this to change only how others play as it would certainly make a difference on my ability to re-arm also.

I can see if significant portions of your plane were missions, like ailerons or rudder/ wing etc.  But who would re-arm in such a damaged plane? 

I agree with the re-arm arguments of past of not allowing re-arm to planes who have bombs when ord is down at the base of re-arming. Someone else mentioned during those arguments of a mini-menu that could pop-up showing what they could grab, like trading ordinance for DTs and getting rid of your rocket rails.  Increase the re-arm +15-30 seconds for each additional change, and voila.

But disabling re-arming due to very minor damage to a plane, doesn't seem.. logical to me.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 02:49:46 PM »

+1 for changing load out  :aok
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 05:31:50 PM »
What's wrong with people rearming?

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »
This is a very bad idea for special events.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 11:02:41 PM »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 10:06:16 AM »
-1 leave the re-arm pads alone.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:08:22 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 10:24:34 AM »
-15 bazillion...

Zoney: you SUCK at killing bombers and are some kind of squeaky and uppitty ankle-humping whiner, when you're not an aloof and superior leader of dark forces - though I'm not quite sure how you can be aloof yet so involved in leadership simultaneously  :D

Kidding - and making mock of the latest flap(s).

Honestly, though, I'd like to see, instead of a rearm pad that won't accept a damaged ac, a repair pad that would fix your plane, depending on how much time you've got  :devil
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 10:33:09 AM »
Please do not change the re-arm pad.  It's the first place I look when I reach a enemy field.   :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 12:51:39 PM »
let me count sitting on a rearm pad won't help you---missing wing-missing rudder-missing aileron's-pilot wound-engine hit oil leaking out-radiator hit-missing landing gear.fuel leak(although planes have more than 1 fuel tank so they can rearm-refuel  and take off-missing 1 flap you can still take off-missing 2 flaps a little harder but can still be done...i think thats it....you can have 30 holes in your wings and fuselage---if you don't have any of the above problems--then you should have the right to rearm/refuel and take off--after all thats what rearm pads are for.

C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »
let me count sitting on a rearm pad won't help you---missing wing-missing rudder-missing aileron's-pilot wound-engine hit oil leaking out-radiator hit-missing landing gear.fuel leak(although planes have more than 1 fuel tank so they can rearm-refuel  and take off-missing 1 flap you can still take off-missing 2 flaps a little harder but can still be done...i think thats it....you can have 30 holes in your wings and fuselage---if you don't have any of the above problems--then you should have the right to rearm/refuel and take off--after all thats what rearm pads are for.

Really? It's hard to take off without flaps  :headscratch:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright