Author Topic: 109F-4 JG51 by Bubi  (Read 715 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
109F-4 JG51 by Bubi
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:37:26 AM »
On a night of flying in the DA with some friends I decided to whip out the 109F and turn enemies into a fireball. (did not work :cry)

I was hopping around looking at skins looking for the perfect yellow nose... and I spotted it. JG51 by Bubi. I flew it around for a while and checked F3 to see how she looked. It caught my eye that there were no call numbers on the fuselage. Even Flyman92 was baffled and we had no idea, as we've never seen it before. Does anybody have any idea what this is about?

I was unable to find any pictures of the plane, as it had no call numbers to search.  :bhead

EDIT: After another look there are very faint letters on the fuselage, SG on the Left and GW on the right.

And also I may seem very stupid for not knowing this, as I'm not a luftweenie  :devil
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:42:49 AM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: 109F-4 JG51 by Bubi
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:50:12 AM »
And also I may seem very stupid for not knowing this, as I'm not a luftweenie 

And so it is.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 03:55:46 AM »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:56:04 AM »
SG + GW would have been the markings the plane before the plane was redone in squadron colors and markings. I forget all of the official terminology and German by now, but basically the aircraft would have a set of markings/call numbers whatever for use while being ferried to its unit, which would then be stripped off and replaced with its number, also squadron markings etc.
The tactical numbers were not applied at the factory, basically.

I think aircraft were often times re-mottled, too