Author Topic: Jesse Ventura vs Chris Kyle  (Read 1146 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Jesse Ventura vs Chris Kyle
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 12:13:09 AM »
He didn't sue the widow. He sued Kyle. Kyle died so his estate had to step up. Kyle should not have tried to profit by falsely defaming Ventura's character. Kyle was well known for fabricating wild stories to make himself look good.
If Ventura is such a Saint compared to Chris Kyle he should have just dropped it after the murder....Is he within his rights by law? yes....does he come off as an A Hole...very much so.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 04:43:38 AM »
What's he supposed to do? Letting it drop would be tantamount to saying "Yeah, I kinda did say SEALs deserved to die."
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 07:31:43 AM »
"I also subscribe to the theory that due to his shows, and on air personality in interviews, many would line up against him regardless if he is in the right or not, something he should have considered before filing a lawsuit."

Let popular opinion decide if he should pursue truth and defend his integrity or just let it pass 'cause everyone thinks he's a poopy head anyway....sounds like something a weakling would do.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 09:41:55 AM »
He didn't sue the widow. He sued Kyle. Kyle died so his estate had to step up. Kyle should not have tried to profit by falsely defaming Ventura's character. Kyle was well known for fabricating wild stories to make himself look good.

It seems that ventura ammended his suit after Kyle's death to name the widow specifically, so in fact he did sue her.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 05:21:51 PM »
It seems that ventura ammended his suit after Kyle's death to name the widow specifically, so in fact he did sue her.
She was the executrix of his estate. You sue the office, not the office holder. I take it you think Kyle didn't flat out tell lies to boost his book sales. Fortunately, a jury saw things different.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
What's he supposed to do? Letting it drop would be tantamount to saying "Yeah, I kinda did say SEALs deserved to die."
Make a public statement.....he's going to have worse publicity now then he would of if he would have just dropped it.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 08:49:26 PM »
Has he ever seriously worried about publicity? Besides, he wasn't slandered until the law says he was slandered. I could believe he also suffered genuine harm as a result, and I imagine at least some of the $$$ Kyle made from the book was as a result of the lies he told.

De mortuis nil nisi bonum, but elite soldier or not, this Kyle character sounds like he might have been as big a blowhard as Ventura.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »
Is it possible that this was a cooperative situation between kyle and ventura to build publicity for a product? You know like a Rosie Odonnell vs Trump situation? Ventura was a pro wrestler after all.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 11:25:29 PM »
Make a public statement.....he's going to have worse publicity now then he would of if he would have just dropped it.
He made a public statement... in court and the jury agreed. I don't see having your name cleared as bad publicity. It's not Ventura's fault that Kyle died and his widow has control of the estate.
If a thief robs a bank, then gets killed does his wife get to keep the stolen money? She didn't rob the bank, she's just the one in control of the stolen money.
If Kyle had simply told the truth none of this would have happened.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 05:09:58 AM »
He made a public statement... in court and the jury agreed. I don't see having your name cleared as bad publicity.
From the amount of memes I'm seeing about ventura since this happened, I'd say it's pretty obvious the amount of negative publicity he's getting....but that may just be from my state.

Should we trample on a documented war hero's grave?  (Understand that sworn statements are used in almost every engagement with the enemy in the War on terror)

He fabricated something which probably sold him some books, most of the people who bought that book were military and they were more interested in The Devil of Ramadi, not Jesse Ventura. I highly doubt it was worth 1.8 million.

DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 05:55:15 AM »
There are plenty of people out there that would back Kyle just because he was military. That doesn't make him right, or Ventura a bad person for defending himself, it just proves those who blindly back kyle are very gullible.
It's funny, people blindly back him because he was a Seal, yet don't equate his false statements with those who "steal honor".
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 09:20:19 AM »
Locked for violation of rules $4, #13, and #14.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com