Author Topic: Tracers  (Read 611 times)

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Tracers
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »
Can you turn the smoke trails off from the tracers? I have disable weapons effects checked, still lots of smoke. I know I can fly with no tracers, was just curious if this is possible.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Tracers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:46:36 PM »
Can you turn the smoke trails off from the tracers? I have disable weapons effects checked, still lots of smoke. I know I can fly with no tracers, was just curious if this is possible.

You can turn tracers off.  Is that what you want to do?

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:15:03 PM »
I do know how to turn them off, was wondering if you can get rid of the smoke trails, thanks
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 05:15:10 PM »
I suspect those are supersonic spiral air disturbance wakes best showcased in the Matrix. And some amount of still burning residue will be seen. Smokeless powder was not 100% smokeless in those days as many are today. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 07:38:45 PM »

I believe what he means, is.. With tracers on, there is a smoke trail behind the tracer round. and it can be hard to see where you rounds are going because of it. with tracers off, the smoke trails are gone, but now you cant see your rounds anyway.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 09:51:33 AM »
Exactly Naughty
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »
When I changed my FoV to 120 for my 24 inch monitor, I started seeing tracers again.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.