Author Topic: A 109 Dweeb Question  (Read 10495 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: A 109 Dweeb Question
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2014, 01:33:05 PM »
Damn, if only I could sit at the cool kids table.   :frown:

If you were able to you likely would never have played AH.

Methinks none of us can be considered "cool"....more like "nerds", "dweebs" or "dorks".
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »

Methinks none of us can be considered "cool"....more like "nerds", "dweebs" or "dorks".

and sometimes "Drunk foolish idiots" as was my case in another thread last night..... wish that dang time limit on modifying a post never timed out, I would be deleting everything I posted last night while boozed up.... but it's there now so take it as an example of what not to do when you are way past your clear thinking limit while chugging down the evil spirits ( whiskey,etc )

<shakes head>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2014, 01:47:11 PM »
and sometimes "Drunk foolish idiots" as was my case in another thread last night..... wish that dang time limit on modifying a post never timed out, I would be deleting everything I posted last night while boozed up.... but it's there now so take it as an example of what not to do when you are way past your clear thinking limit while chugging down the evil spirits ( whiskey,etc )

<shakes head>

TC

:) 

Stuff happens, TC....stuff happens.

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2014, 02:00:36 PM »

Ya think?  :D
The Damned BAT in the AH Belfry

"You don't have any special powers"
"Oh I have one...I NEVER give up"-The Batman

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2014, 02:03:06 PM »

Swing and a miss...
AoM
City of ice

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2014, 02:48:52 PM »
I now really, really, really like 109G2's.  :D
:aok
G2s are great planes, regular pilots of them aren't afraid to take on anyone and anything even outnumbered, it has a decent balance of Engine and Agility for the MA that gives a player a confidence and enjoyment of flight and fighting .
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #246 on: August 15, 2014, 07:24:54 AM »
:aok
G2s are great planes, regular pilots of them aren't afraid to take on anyone and anything even outnumbered, it has a decent balance of Engine and Agility for the MA that gives a player a confidence and enjoyment of flight and fighting .

I agree. I like it even more than the F4 (which I like a lot)...but only because of the gondolas option.   

I tend to take gondolas despite the hit to agility, climb and speed.  The extra firepower is worth it to me because I'm a lousy shot.  :frown:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2014, 07:37:47 AM »
I agree. I like it even more than the F4 (which I like a lot)...but only because of the gondolas option.   

I tend to take gondolas despite the hit to agility, climb and speed.  The extra firepower is worth it to me because I'm a lousy shot.  :frown:

Despite the popular opinion, I don't think Gondies really effect the planes performance all the much. IMO it's more important to be able to kill opponents fatser by shooting them more, rather than have a slightly lighter plane, yet have weaker fire power and have to chase them aeouns longer, when they could have have been dead already.

That being said, I think you can still get the same amount of kills with either load out. But IMHO using only 1 cannon allows you to get picked easier having to chase planes around longer.
It really doesn't effect performance as badly as some would like to believe.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2014, 07:38:43 AM »
Despite the popular opinion, I don't think Gondies really effect the planes performance all the much. IMO it's more important to be able to kill opponents fatser by shooting them more, rather than have a slightly lighter plane, yet have weaker fire power and have to chase them aeouns longer, when they could have have been dead already.

That being said, I think you can still get the same amount of kills with either load out. But IMHO using only 1 cannon allows you to get picked easier having to chase planes around longer.

Gondolas are ugly looking!  :neener:

Online JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2014, 07:46:49 AM »

thats a negative ghost rider.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2014, 07:54:05 AM »

My experience as well...at least in the G2.  The G6 feels sluggish to me normally...throw two gondees on her and its worse (at least to me).  YMMV

They are indeedy.  :)

thats a negative ghost rider.

We fly cartoon airplanes. 

I rest my case. 

Acceptance is the first step to recovery....assuming you would want to do so...I don't!!   :D

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2014, 07:57:06 AM »
Swing and a miss...

Accept your "inner geek", Deb.  It's OK.  I got over it years ago!

Its like drug abuse...if you keep it secret no one has to know!  ;)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2014, 08:41:33 AM »

Haha, I was about to put your name in parentheses at the end of my paragraph haha
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2014, 09:12:19 AM »
REAL MEN fly the Hurricane Mk1 anyways.... sissys.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #254 on: August 15, 2014, 09:44:32 AM »

Charts say otherwise... Climb, speed, roll rate, and turn rate are all compromised... Also, see stigler for an anecdotal account: http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/articles/pilots/stigler/stigler.htm
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.