Author Topic: so I want to fly the TA 152  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
so I want to fly the TA 152
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:01:42 AM »
Thanks to everyone who helped me iron out my Mustang problems. Thanks also to the guys at VF-17 for opening up their practice so I have the chance to learn the Hog.

That said, I'm interested in the 152 as it seems to be showing up more often in the MA. Any tips for flying this beast?

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: so I want to fly the TA 152
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:17:35 AM »
Yes I have a few.

Watch your speed.  Make sure you have easy access to trim so you can pull it out when it locks up.  It climbs well and has great WEP that recovers in half the time that it takes to use.  It takes 5 min. of cool down after you have used it for 10 min.  It doesn't roll nearly as well as other 190's with that huge wingspan.  Take it high and the only thing that can touch you is really the P47N or M, and they won't climb as fast and will run out of wep early.  Whenever possible keep your turns nice and smooth to retain E.  I think it's the best high altitude bomber killer in the game.  If you have the patience you can patrol the strats at 35K and just wait to pounce.  The guns are incredible and it holds 90 rounds of 30's.  Stuff blows up when you have guns on period.  Get ready to perfect your crossing shot and they won't survive long.  Try to have a neutral stick when you are firing.  Watch the landings, it's quite unstable.  Either land engine off or lock the tail gear by pulling back on the stick.  Be careful of collisions with those huge wings, give yourself some extra room.  Kill them all and land them!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »

Why do you want to fly the Ta152?  Because you see it more often?  Not a good reason.  There are no majik pills in this game.

Don't take that the wrong way...but I am just observing your jumping from airframe to airframe in such a small time period there is no way to becoming proficient in them.

Without a wall of text specific to the TA152...my best advise would be - learn the A-5 and D-9 first.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 12:55:54 PM »
The TA-152 has more adverse yaw than the other fighters. Add rudder to your roll.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:59:09 PM »
Yes I have a few.

Watch your speed.  Make sure you have easy access to trim so you can pull it out when it locks up.  It climbs well and has great WEP that recovers in half the time that it takes to use.  It takes 5 min. of cool down after you have used it for 10 min.  It doesn't roll nearly as well as other 190's with that huge wingspan.  Take it high and the only thing that can touch you is really the P47N or M, and they won't climb as fast and will run out of wep early.  Whenever possible keep your turns nice and smooth to retain E.  I think it's the best high altitude bomber killer in the game.  If you have the patience you can patrol the strats at 35K and just wait to pounce.  The guns are incredible and it holds 90 rounds of 30's.  Stuff blows up when you have guns on period.  Get ready to perfect your crossing shot and they won't survive long.  Try to have a neutral stick when you are firing.  Watch the landings, it's quite unstable.  Either land engine off or lock the tail gear by pulling back on the stick.  Be careful of collisions with those huge wings, give yourself some extra room.  Kill them all and land them!

Intresting write up Zoney....glad i dont fly buffs...and if I did, im glad were both on the same team.... :D :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »
If you feel the slightest "slide" happening slam that stick forward :aok

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »
Why do you want to fly the Ta152?  Because you see it more often?  Not a good reason.  There are no majik pills in this game.

Don't take that the wrong way...but I am just observing your jumping from airframe to airframe in such a small time period there is no way to becoming proficient in them.

Without a wall of text specific to the TA152...my best advise would be - learn the A-5 and D-9 first.

I'm already reasonably competent in the D9 and A5, but I have a specific standard that I like to fly to with regards to different airframes. I'm satisfied with being able to land multiple kills in the mustang and in not feeling like I'm going to get shot down every time I take the bird up. In the past month of flying it, I went from pretty much accepting the fact that I was going to die in a Mustang to the point where I feel I can fly it with a reasonable chance of success, and that's good enough for me. I *could* fly it for a year and learn it really well, but that's not what I'm interested in. What I am interested in is learning how each of these planes fly and getting comfortable in flying them. I find the challenge of flying these different airframes to be more interesting that simply sticking to one bird, and that's kind of how I want to spend my 15 bucks. :)

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 02:20:46 PM »
I'm already reasonably competent in the D9 and A5, but I have a specific standard that I like to fly to with regards to different airframes. I'm satisfied with being able to land multiple kills in the mustang and in not feeling like I'm going to get shot down every time I take the bird up. In the past month of flying it, I went from pretty much accepting the fact that I was going to die in a Mustang to the point where I feel I can fly it with a reasonable chance of success, and that's good enough for me. I *could* fly it for a year and learn it really well, but that's not what I'm interested in. What I am interested in is learning how each of these planes fly and getting comfortable in flying them. I find the challenge of flying these different airframes to be more interesting that simply sticking to one bird, and that's kind of how I want to spend my 15 bucks. :)

Cc. all.

Very good.  Well all of the above is good advise.  Stick forward in a slip and neutral elevator upon landing and taxi.  Lock the tail wheel down.

Turns better than a D-9 but not as fast, and lacking the roll rate.  A very fun bird to fly.  Guns are devastating.

G' luck with her.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 12:02:27 AM »

Remember to always Burn your aft tank before getting into a fight. Planes that you need to watch out for are F4U's and P-47s. Both of these planes can Dive and zoom climb with the 152 as well as out run it at typical MA altitudes. The F4U is especially dangerous because of its comparable Rudder and effective flaps.
See Rule #4

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 12:18:20 AM »
Take it high and the only thing that can touch you is really the P47N or M

Or a Spit XIV or a Spit IX, both of which are designed for high alt (over 23K and 21K respectively).  You could probably run away from the Spit IX but would be less likely to do so with the XIV.  Turning with the IX over 20K will lead to a quick death.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 10:56:10 AM »
Cc. all.

Very good.  Well all of the above is good advise.  Stick forward in a slip and neutral elevator upon landing and taxi.  Lock the tail wheel down.

Turns better than a D-9 but not as fast, and lacking the roll rate.  A very fun bird to fly.  Guns are devastating.

G' luck with her.

I found the Ta-152 the hardest to fly of the German fighters. Dangerous in a steep dive and at landing. Was landing several kills and I found myself stalling backwards right before touchdown.  Please explain how you lock the tail wheel down.  I didn't think you could do that in Aces High. :headscratch:

I still enjoy flying it and blowing up stuff, literally. :devil

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 11:29:06 AM »
When you are on the ground holding the stick back locks the tail wheel.

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »
When you are on the ground holding the stick back locks the tail wheel.

Thank you! Does that work with other planes too?  :salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 11:44:50 AM »
Thank you! Does that work with other planes too?  :salute

Yes.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
All of the above applies, one thing I'd re-emphasize is on landing be really careful to be gentle on the rudder.  Slow for landing it's really easy to get it to depart flight with heavy rudder.  It can ruin a successful sortie in the most frustrating of ways.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11